Top 50 Stats VS What's New?

Top 50 Stats or What's New? Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

Mitsuki

Veteran
Gil
Chocobo Egg
Chocobo Egg
Barry the Behemoth
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Not trying to get feedback, so I'm placing this in Costa.

But out of curiousity, who still use the Top 50 Stats? Surely you guys know it still exists and that once upon a time, this was our most popular feature (aside from the SB). I remember the members complaining to our tech admins when the feature disappeared for unknown reasons. Or maybe it was just hidden really well.

Anyway, when I'm in my leisure posting mood (meaning a break from staff business), I typically check this so that I can quickly browse through the threads that I might've missed earlier in the week. It's also a useful tool for tracking down veterans.

And then of course we have the most current What's New? I use this more often than the Top 50 Stats purely because it's convenient, but overall I still prefer Top 50 Stats. I rarely ever go beyond the first page in What's New? So I have a tendency to miss older posts for the week or so.

By the way, don't take this as a hint to post more or anything. =]

But seriously, check out the Top 50 Stats!

Wait..we still have the top 50 stats??? :gasp:

Really I don't think I used it even when it was a big thing, minus when Joking with people trying to become the top shouter! (which I don't know if that even really works anymore)

So I voted for newest replies, I like to see what is more recent so I can see what is being talked about.

Top 50 stats, simply because I have always used it. Yes, I was one of the complainants when it vanished one day. :mokken:

minus when Joking with people trying to become the top shouter! (which I don't know if that even really works anymore)

I originally didn't believe it, but yes, the top shouter stat doesn't work. You can tell it doesn't work, because I am so low down on the top shouters list. -__-

EDIT: I remember when we could extend it to a Top 200.

I was in the middle at times I didn't care to see the stats since I was looking at the newest posts to see if a post was made in an rp back in the day when it was still a much more active section. Other times it was nice to browse the stats to see whom was doing what, so maybe overall I leaned towards the what's new bit I guess.
But I do agree with points previously mentioned the top shouter stat does not work.

You should keep it because I am still in Top 5 reps and it is a record to my greatness

Dogtag%20Will%20Graham.png

I think both are nice.

I personally prefer to use the "New Posts" vs. What's New vs Top 50 Stats, though. :lew:

I'm an avid user of both but I would say that I use the top 50 stats more often. Yeah, I complained when it was gone! Haha.

I think the shoutbox is broken here. I never use it, yet my stats show I have over 1k.

The shoutbox stats are definitely broken. I talk a lot but I don't talk THAT much. :lew:

We could perhaps have the tech admins look into this as well, though. It would be nice to have some actual results again. Belazor et Britannia

No it isn't, it counts automatic notifications as well even if they are hidden from view.

Leave it to you guys to turn my thread into a technical bug / report matter. :sad3: I was trying to have a normal discussion, sheesh.

Should I move this to Help Desk???

In all seriousness, I'm surprised this caught Fil's attention right away. It takes me a couple weeks to a couple months before I get his attention.

Anyway, I'm getting off-track. Continue on.

Leave it to you guys to turn my thread into a technical bug / report matter. :sad3: I was trying to have a normal discussion, sheesh.

Should I move this to Help Desk???.

I didn't mean to turn this into a thread about Shoutbox counts problem :sad2: I was just pointing out that was the only one I ever really use to look at :sad3:

Really though I haven't looked at the top 50 stats in so long, and I do remember when it was gone for... two days tops so many people complaining and I was like "wait... we still have that?"

Should I move this to Help Desk???

In all seriousness, I'm surprised this caught Fil's attention right away. It takes me a couple weeks to a couple months before I get his attention.

Anyway, I'm getting off-track. Continue on.

Lol, help desk. You're funny, Mits.

The Top 5 bar on the forum main menu does the job for me. Beyond that, I like browsing through the site because then you can stumble upon some truely random tit-bits. Pretty much a blend of pure laziness and curiosity at play, so yeah, I don't really use either.

Please update the poll options. :yawn:

You should reset the poll now since you added more options, only two were there before :mokken:. Seriously it's a joke though.

At first I thought the poll system was broken too!

Updated.

Go vote, guys. You get 10 Gil for doing so.

I voted. Where's my 10 gil? :-)wacky:)

Back