[18/05] Pre-E3 Final Fantasy XV's latest footage demonstrates combat and the world's environments

Linnaete

sus
Staff member
Editorial Staff
Veteran
Gil
Andre the Adamantoise
Chocobo Egg
Accessory (Head)
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
ffxv_0330__7-16cl1j.jpg

As some of you have probably already come across yesterday, IGN published a new video showcasing Final Fantasy XV's combat system. Here, Noctis and his chums engage in battle with a selection of monsters (and there is certainly variety in this footage) using an array of magical abilities and other high-level mechanics.

You will notice that the backdrop is Duscae. After two Duscae demos and the developer team constantly showing off this one little region, you're understandably somewhat fatigued. This cannot be all there is to Final Fantasy XV's world, you cry. Where is the variety in the environments? What else is there in terms of geological points of interest that doesn't involve a largely barren rural steppe with the occasional road and petrol station passing through?

Enter the latest environment trailer straight from their Youtube channel. It's called "World of Wonder" and the music alone is worth playing the video for.

The environment video is old news back at the uncovered event. The gameplay looked very cool and I'm particularly excited about freezing huge fields with what I assume was a blizzaga hold item. Now, just wait until we see ice ring magic and not thrown items. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

I personally can't wait to burn down fields and see Prompto run around trying to kill the flames attached to his clothing. It's going to be epic.

Back