I'm sure this is in the wrong place but...

Awptikz

Gil
I've got some time i want to kill. so I'm thinking about playing one of the 2 final fantasies i haven't played through yet

That is number 8 and number 9

I'm looking for advice on which one to play. I've already looked up the wikias and read them and im not sure which to play.
I dont want to start a game get an hour in and end up that I dislike it and that time be wasted ya know?

Anyways.

I loved number 10, I thought number 7 was "okay". I thought X-2 was mediocre.
Any opinions are appreciated on which of the 2 i should try. :) thanks for reading.

Well if you thought 7 was ok you may well think 8 will be ok. Aesthetically they are similar with their more modern settings. I am biased to 9 as it's my fav Final Fantasy. But that is purely down to the great characters, the old fantasy type landscape and the fantastic music. It is down to you what you decide but I would put 9 over 8. Don't get me wrong 8 gets more hate than it deserves and it is still a very good Final Fantasy...9 is just better.

Well if you thought 7 was ok you may well think 8 will be ok. Aesthetically they are similar with their more modern settings. I am biased to 9 as it's my fav Final Fantasy. But that is purely down to the great characters, the old fantasy type landscape and the fantastic music. It is down to you what you decide but I would put 9 over 8. Don't get me wrong 8 gets more hate than it deserves and it is still a very good Final Fantasy...9 is just better.

thanks for your reply.
I've got both of them now. I think im going to start with 8, my only worry is that iw ont like the skill system in the game. but i guess i honestly have enough free time that if i waste my time playing it, it's not a big deal - Stay at home dad.

The thing about VIII that gets hate is it's draw junction system. Now I am biased towards VIII, as it's the game that really started getting me into FF so I didn't mind it. You will have to draw magic from enemies to get your stock, so gone is the mp based spell system. And with the junctioning you can junction said magic to a stat to increase it, so the problem can be use so much of the magic and you can begin lowering your stats.

Final Fantasy VIII has a fairly complicated System. As that being my first FF title played, I can say it took me years to master the system. I eventually paid attention to the tutorials and finally was able to master it to become an OP god. If you master the system, you'll be able to annihilate anything in the game. Nothing will be a challenge unless you hold back and restrict yourself on purpose. I'd recommend playing FFIX first since the system is going to be a bit more familiar to you than what VIII would have in store. Outside of combat, FFVIII imo has a very addicting card game by the name of Triple Triad that you should play by the way to help reach that OP god status. I'd recommend carrying a low number of cards so the random rule doesn't effect you much.

Back