Playstation Persona 4: Tips for Final Dungeon

ZaXo Ken'Ichi

Disciple of Vivi
Veteran
Gil
Obviously, this thread might contain spoilers.

To be clear, I'm talking OG Persona 4, not Golden. I have been playing through this game since January. I'm really, really tired of the combat. And now they throw in a dungeon that overuses Almighty damage, meaning I have no real defense options. My characters are between level 65 and 75. I don't mind fighting my way through the dungeon, rather than skipping everything but the minibosses. But I'd prefer to not have to grind anymore.

I suck at fusing Personas, because fusing the good ones usually requires fusing multiple others, that usually requires fusing even more Personas. I do have 750k+ Yen to spend on it, but I don't know what to fuse. I'm assuming fusion is what's going to make things easier, because many of my Personas are ones that I've had since like the third dungeon. Basically, I want to get this over and done with, because I'm tired of playing Persona 4. But I don't know what I should do to make the dungeon easier. I've already died like three times (which is more than I'd died across the entire rest of the game), twice to Almighty damage -with many other close calls- and once to an unlucky double Rampage from the Minotaur miniboss.

Help?

I have this problem with Persona games too. They tend to overstay their welcome due to the samey dungeons. I also have trouble with persona fusion too, but I will say this: you definitely need to upgrade them by at least finding them in the dungeon. I tend to go for some that have protection against hama and mudo. The best I can say is play around with the fusion system and save/load a lot while testing the waters. That's how I go about it lol.

By the way, is your equipment up to date? Have you been opening chests (they can sometimes have rare equipment and stuff)?

Yeah you really need to update your personas through fusion. Typically you will get better ones always and not inferior ones. Just look at your abilities and see if what they have are a higher tier that is a sign they will be better. Can also use the compendium to resummon some and use more for fusion to get some of the better ones. They only get more expensive with the higher in levels they get.

Well, let's see. I've got a level 64 Rangda, who repels physical, auto-revives me once per battle if I die, and has a transferable version of Repel Physical. (these aren't all of the skills the Personas have by the way, just the noteworthy ones)

Level 65 Daisoujou with Diarahan, Makarakarn. Endure Dark, Megidola, and Recarm. He's also two levels away from Samsara

Level 57 Satanta with Null Fire (his weakness), Auto-Maraku, Marakunda, and Counterstrike

Level 62 Gdon who has the highest Strength in my party, at 62. He's got Evade Ice and Fire Boost, though his Agi spells stop at medium damage.

Level 46 Thoth, who's just sort of there, lol.

I was told to keep my Izanagi, so he's Level 26, with nothing useful outside of Marakukaja.

Level 63 Uriel with Endure Dark, Maragidyne, Old One, Fire Amp, High Counter, Agidyne, and is one level away from Null Dark (meaning he'd have no weakness).

Because I'd heard he was so good, I got a level 43 Black Frost, who has Agidyne, Fire Amp, medium ice attacks with Ice Boost, Masukunda, and Mind Charge.

Then I used these four in fusions yesterday, but I could summon:

A level 49 Triglav, with Power Charge, Counterstrike, Marakukaja, and Null Dizzy.

A level 72 Thor, with Ziodyne, Deathbound, High Counter, Arms Master, Maziodyne, Null Physical, and Thunder Reign

A level 63 Kurama Tengu, who has Garula (that's only relevant because I can't for the life of me find/fuse Personas with Wind attacks, so that's my only one), Masukunda, Vicious Strike, Matarunda, Agidyne, and Old One.

Finally, a level 62 Niddhoggr, with Evil Smile, Ghastly Wail, Agidyne, Bufudyne, Ice Boost, and Resist Physical.

While these last four are useful, it'll also take me over 100k just to summon them again.

I'm sure none of the above information will help give you any specific ideas, but in case it does, I figured I'd toss it out there. I can't seem to find any resources that tell me in detail about the best fusions, so that I know what to shoot for. Despite maxing out all of my main party Social Links, plus Naoki, Nananko, Dojima, and the Fox, most of the ultimate fusions don't want to show up on the list, so that I can figure out how to fuse them. Most resources I find are a confusing mess, which is largely why I've not done too much fusion. And some fuse-able Persona that look good are still too strong for me to summon, like Futsunushi, Ongyo-ki, Kohryu, or Lucifer, with most of the rest of the cross/penta/hex fusions being far too low of a level. Basically it just seems like I have to run in blind, hoping to get something that's not garbage out of fusing fusions of fusions, lol. I at least wish I could choose which abilities carried over like in Golden. But instead I'm stuck entering and exiting menus over and over again, hoping to get what I'm looking for. It makes triangle fusions an absolute nightmare.

I suppose I could go do the Pringle exploit over and over until my main character reaches the max level; it at least doesn't take any work. But I'd prefer to avoid it if possible.

Sorry for the information dump. It's just been ninety+ hours, and I checked out of all but the story at around 30. I don't want to deal with it anymore, lol. I really wish Vita games were playable on PS3; I'd have bought Golden instead in an instant.

Back