Ocarina of Time vs. Final Fantasy VII?

VII wins for story

Zelda wins for gameplay

VII wins for music

Zelda wins for graphics

VII and Zelda: OT are both tied for nostalgia.

Cloud > Link

Aerith > Zelda

Both great games that made my childhood, though. The gaming world would not have been the same without either.

It's hard to say. Zelda was a shorter game but was amazing for it's time. I still think it's better than most games that are released today.

I'd have to lean towards FF7 despite the fact they are both very special games to me because of the depth of the story and character development. I enjoy a game that I feel like I have to spend a lot of time on more than one that I feel like I do not.

ughhh OOT... ok I am in no way a Zelda fan Minus the first 3, and really can't stand any Zelda's period, so my opinion on this is already Biased...

I will say that OOT had a huge impact on Nintendo though, and probably helped sell the N64 a lot, just like how FFVII helped sell the Playstation.

For me to argue which one is better though is kinda silly, I hate these kind of questions, not just because they are all opinionated, but also you are comparing two different types of games.... This is like asking someone to compare a fighting game to a racing game...

but enough of my little rant on this :wacky:

My own thoughts: Ocarina of Time > FFVII

FFVII imo is an over-hyped game that hasn't aged as well as Ocarnia of Time over the years. That isn't to say that the original FFVII is a bad game. For me, when a game has some evident translation issues, it puts me off some. It's not much different from FFX's English dub lip sync issues. I have never touched Ocarina of Time, but I am confident whatever issues it has are fewer than FFVII's issues.

Hardcore necroposting FTW :wacky:

Anyways. Both are vastly inferior to the games that preceeded them, FFVI and A Link to the Past. Technologically speaking, at the time they were groundbreaking, being the first 3D instalments of very popular series. But in every other department they were sorely lacking and set a precedent for mediocrity in the following generations, with this focus on style over substance (FF) and recycling the exact concept with minimal deviation (Zelda) each time that has dominated every damn game that has followed them. Both have also long since been surpassed by other titles, too.

Got to vote towards Final Fantasy VII- OoT is fun and entertaining, but FF VII just has that rich and deep story that Zelda doesn't have.

Uuugh... i really dont know. I personally think Final Fantasy 7 just had more options than hit a sword and a button to fight. Though not nearly as hard as FF1,FF2 and FF3. Since the whole selling point of FF7 is the story, you dont really need to be that good to play it, but its overall a bigger game than Zelda. But the difference is i hated Zelda once it went away from Medieval fantasy after Ocarina of Time. So for that i vote FF7 as better.

Overall my vote would be for FFVII, but the graphics in particular on VII have not aged well. OOT has graphics that have aged well, but pacing and puzzles that haven't.

All that said, they're wildly different games that are very hard to truly compare.

Back