[24/03] Final Fantasy XV takes 50 hours to complete just for story + more info.

Rey

♥Solo noi due insieme per sempre♥
Veteran
Gil
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
Terra
Yuna
FFXIV
Ellia Lombardia
FFXIV Server
Lamia
FinalFantasyXVTGS20143e14486375182061024x5661e14486393922441_thumb.jpg

Tabata spoke to Famitsu today saying FFXV's main story now takes 50 hours to complete rather than 40 hours as was estimated in 2014. How airships will be implemented has now been determined. Tabata didn't want to comment on the leaked release date, just saying for the moment it will come out "this year".

He also spoke about Cactuars, Frame rate, the tech demo, and airships.

• Cactuars will make an appearance. They’re powerful opponents that will be able to dodge Shift Breaks.

• Square Enix will have plenty of surprises for their event on March 31st, and to expect a trailer in Japanese as well.

• The father of Final Fantasy in Hironobu Sakaguchi called out Tabata saying “Let me tell you my impression on the Final Fantasy XV demo.” While Tabata can’t say what they talked about, he mentions with a laugh that Sakaguchi had a whole lot to say.

• A playable tech demo will be properly shown at the event.

• As for the play time, at first Square Enix estimated that it would take about 40 hours to clear the main scenario, but this has since then been bumped up to 50 hours. They’re currently not at the final stages of balancing out the game, but making optimal balances. They say that the game has more volume than they thought it would.

• As for the Airship, it has been decided from long ago on how they would introduce it into the game. It’s something that would have you say “this is the kind of Airship that should be in Final Fantasy XV.”

• Maintaining a frame rate of 30fps is their objective. This has not been completely optimized as of yet, as there are times where it breaks 30. They will continue making adjustments until the last minute before the game goes gold. If they’re unable to fixate on the 30fps, they will do something different.

• As for the game’s resolution, it’ll be revealed at the release event on March 31st.

• As for a PS4 bundle version, Square Enix is working on making it happen.

Source: Siliconera

Firstly I bet that "PS4 bundle" is going be Japan only...just like most FF Products like that...
The Airship I feel they said they were going have before, I just wonder if it is going be FFX ish or XII ish or earlier games (IX VII etc)
The "time to complete main story" is just a rough estimate and usually people can do it in less but to hear them bumping it up is promising at least, also feel like they promised that in FFXIII before in just story, but I think I beat it in 30.
In the end I guess FFXV is very promising from what they have showed and said this far

I have a seriously hard time believing 50 hours.

I have a seriously hard time believing 50 hours.

Why's that? Chances are you will be OVER 50 hours by doing side stuff + story also. This game will be huge. I guess we will find out on March 31st.

It's probably 50 hours with a good 8th of it being cinematics. Not that I mind too much so long as it's good. Too much cinematics will make me less likely to replay though.

Why's that? Chances are you will be OVER 50 hours by doing side stuff + story also. This game will be huge. I guess we will find out on March 31st.
Because I have a hard time believing any game out of today's industry is longer than 30 hours in game play time.

They're claiming 50 hours with it being just strictly story.

Square enix claimed once before that kingdom hearts had over 100 hours including all the features.

Firstly I bet that "PS4 bundle" is going be Japan only...just like most FF Products like that...
The airship was iffy in the past because of what they wanted to do with it. It would have been a scrapped aspect, if things didn't turn out well. As for the PS4 bundle, I am going to have to disagree. While what you say holds a lot of merit in the past, Japan is much more into mobile gaming these days. Maybe FFXV will bring back the console play for a majority of Japan. With the massive number of PS4 consoles that have sold outside of Japan thus far, I suspect the console will be made available in other countries as well.

Because I have a hard time believing any game out of today's industry is longer than 30 hours in game play time.
It's an RPG title though; a fairly large one at that. I don't get how you came to that conclusion. I'll let the game talk for itself later on.

RPGs are longer depending on the confidence level. Players who play it safe spend more time grinding than those who go through faster.

50 hours of the main game play? all games claim to have more hours than they actually have even if it's just the main scenario.

Chances are, a good 15 hours of that are spent on the road alone. :pacman:

But yeah, 50 hours sounds about right to me. Driving from A to B and so on will probably take time, as will the need to grind out levels and I am sure the story will find a way to pad out some hours with busy work or send the party on long tangents while on their way to the next story arc.

RPGs are longer depending on the confidence level. Players who play it safe spend more time grinding than those who go through faster.

50 hours of the main game play? all games claim to have more hours than they actually have even if it's just the main scenario.

Now that I think about it, I think that FFVI or FFVII claimed to be over 100 hours... I think all RPGs exaggerate their times...always have.... the only ones that didnt were the impossible NES games! :sad3:

but back on topic I actually think FFXV will be ok...

Well if the father of FF put his own input. I'm curious...but since it's confidential, I'm still a skeptic. Especially this late in the development.

Back