Massive Health Bosses

What will be the highest HP amount for a boss?

• 100,000 - 1 Million

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 Million - 10 Million

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 11 million - 30 Million

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 31 Million - 50 Million

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Above 50 Million!!

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Busta

Bang-a-Rang!
Veteran
Gil
Seymour
In past games like FFXII and FFXIII recently, we've seen some bosses and enemies with CRAZY AMOUNTS OF HP!!

Think back to Yiazmat with his insane 50 million HP, and omega Mark XII with either his what, 12 million or was it 20 million HP?!

Do you think Final Fantasy XV will have someone or possibly multiple enemies with these high numbers of HP like before, and if so, how high will the most massive beast be at do ya think?!

There already is one confirmed boss in FF XV that will take a hell of a long time to beat. The Adamantoise supposedly takes 15 hours to beat, which equals 30 in game days in FF XV. I’m going to beat it though, call me crazy but I will!

latest

Omega Mark XII on the NA version had slightly over 1 million HP. I think atm Chaos Aeronite holds the most HP at over 57 mil in LR: FFXIII, if we are strictly speaking non-online titles. Since this is going to be an ARPG, I suspect there will be at least one foe with a HP pool over 50 million since Yiazmat from FFXII and Chaos Aeronite from LR: FFXIII already accomplished that.

There already is one confirmed boss in FF XV that will take a hell of a long time to beat. The Adamantoise supposedly takes 15 hours to beat, which equals 30 in game days in FF XV. I’m going to beat it though, call me crazy but I will!

latest
I can't wait to no life that boss. I just hope it doesn't regain all of its' HP if I exit battle :(. I'm looking forward to the lower HP more intensive optional bosses as well :D. FFXV with a 100+ hour file is already confirmed for me.

latest

15 hours to beat? Are they expecting people to do that?!

That reminds me of a supposedly true story regarding FFXI. A party were fighting a superboss for over 20 hours (or something silly like that) and one of the guys died in real life because he didn't move or do anything. That's if I recall the case correctly.

Surely Square-Enix should learn not to repeat this sort of thing! Any boss that lasts over an hour or two is badly designed. If it is hard it should wipe the party until you are ready. You shouldn't be allowed to waste your life slowly killing each individual skin cell on a creature until it (or you, the player) finally drops dead.

EDIT - I just searched for that FFXI story and it turns out that it may have lasted 18 hours, and the guy didn't die but various people were puking and fainting, etc... I swear a person died though, but maybe I'm misremembering it.

15 hours to beat? Are they expecting people to do that?!

That reminds me of a supposedly true story regarding FFXI. A party were fighting a superboss for over 20 hours (or something silly like that) and one of the guys died in real life because he didn't move or do anything. That's if I recall the case correctly.

Surely Square-Enix should learn not to repeat this sort of thing! Any boss that lasts over an hour or two is badly designed. If it is hard it should wipe the party until you are ready. You shouldn't be allowed to waste your life slowly killing each individual skin cell on a creature until it (or you, the player) finally drops dead.

EDIT - I just searched for that FFXI story and it turns out that it may have lasted 18 hours, and the guy didn't die but various people were puking and fainting, etc... I swear a person died though, but maybe I'm misremembering it.

Nah, I dont remember anyone dying. I do remember there being starvation and lots of throwing up like you indicated. Well, from what I recall, the adamantoise is only supposed to be challenged at an extremely high level or maybe max. I actually like the idea of this superboss. Yeah, I may sound masochistic, but I have been waiting for this game 10 years + and I may as well do everything it has to offer if the game impresses me. Okay, a part of me DOES hope that it isn't 15 hours at once and I really doubt it is. It may be something like Yiazmat.

15 hours is still a super long time to have to fight 1 enemy! I'm guessing in the 31-50 Million HP range, for an enjoyable experience for me going up against it. Anything over 50 just seems ridiculous and I most likely will be turned off from trying to defeat it.

Well, as long as 15+ hour fights aren't the only side content in the game, than whatever floats your boat I say. I'm not a fan of super bosses myself. I'd prefer a shorter fight that tests how well I have mastered the game, and ones that requires me to use all techniques and mechanics available to win. Most super bosses are either endurance tests (Yiazmat) or revolve around spamming exploits (later Kingdom Hearts secret bosses).

Well, as long as 15+ hour fights aren't the only side content in the game, than whatever floats your boat I say. I'm not a fan of super bosses myself. I'd prefer a shorter fight that tests how well I have mastered the game, and ones that requires me to use all techniques and mechanics available to win. Most super bosses are either endurance tests (Yiazmat) or revolve around spamming exploits (later Kingdom Hearts secret bosses).

My thoughts exactly. When one boss takes longer than another one does, it's not inherently more challenging; it's just superficially harder, because the risk is higher. The punishment for losing is what makes it seem harder. But it's not fun to lose a battle that takes so long, and it's rarely engaging to do the same thing for longer periods of time. It realistically just wastes player time. That usually means the fights are either astronomically frustrating, or dumbed down to ensure that very few people actually lose. If it's dumbed down, then what's the point? It's just busy work then. I'd say 30 minutes is usually the maximum that's fair. I would definitely rather just fight a boss that challenges my strategic understanding of the game, and my mastery of the skills required. I want something interesting, not long.

I guess one can color me jaded, since I did two of the three 24 Hour races in Gran Turismo 4 back in the day, which are real time races and cannot be suspended. But I like engaging gameplay, not just more gameplay. It's the same problem I find with terrible Trophies/Achievements that don't ask you to do something interesting, but rather just ask you to do a lot of one thing over and over.

XIII gets away with having super high HP enemies because the damage of Poison scales with their max HP, and basically every super boss is either super susceptible to Poison, or takes loads of damage while staggered (and could be staggered regularly). So the battles were decently challenging, and the enemies had loads of HP, but they didn't take forever. Fifteen hours is ludicrous. The fact that Lunafreya has to say "I’m going to beat it though, call me crazy but I will!" for example, sort of proves that nobody actually wants to do a battle that long because it's fun; they do it for some other personal reason. Not a problem for them of course; that's their choice :) But I would say it's a major design flaw in the fight, because the same effect could be found by simply making the fight tougher, but significantly shorter. I'm more proud of my accomplishments in the Souls games, or beating hard songs on Guitar Hero on Expert, or getting super high on the Drift leaderboards in Gran Turismo, than I'll ever be of beating things like Hell Wyrm in FFXII, or those damned 24 hour races in GT4. The former are accomplishments that actually required something of me as a player, other than just time and patience.

That being said, I hope the HP value of the strongest enemy in XV is astronomically high. I just hope there's some catch that also makes it go down really quickly.

I think the 15 hour fight is exclusive to that one foe. I am confident the final game will contain some super enemies/bosses with much lower HP levels that can still provide a different type of satisfying battle. Different strokes for different folks.

Holy crap I forgot about that Yiazmat boss fight :hmph: That sucked. I hope they have some mega bosses like the weapons in FFVII or FFVIII, but I really hope that it doesnt take 2-3 hours to beat it.

Back