Article: First English trailer for Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness from Jump Festa

Linnaete

sus
Staff member
Editorial Staff
Veteran
Gil
Andre the Adamantoise
Chocobo Egg
Accessory (Head)
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
[04/03] First English trailer for Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness from Jump Festa

star_ocean_5nxpoj.jpg

As the title suggests, the first English trailer is out for the next installment in the Star Ocean franchise: Star Ocean (V): Integrity and Faithlessness. Developed by Tri-Ace, also renowned for their work in previous years with Square Enix on games such as Valkyrie Profile, this game centres around the underdeveloped planet of Faykreed and a mysterious, otherworldly menace descending on this frontier world.

The main character is Fidel Camuze, a swordsman and a staunch defender of his home village. Joining him is Miki Sauvester, his doll-like, pink-haired childhood friend, and an amnesiac girl named Relia. Along the way, other characters such as the blue-haired Emmerson, questionably-dressed sorceress Fiore, and green-haired warrior Anne. Players can form parties of up to seven members all operating on the battlefield at the same time.

The theme song is "Astra Nova", by Japanese rock band Androp.

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
is due out in Japan at the end of this month and is due sometime in the west this year, though no release date has been revealed. While it has both a PS3 and a PS4 release in its native country, it will drop the PS3 version on its way west, meaning it will be exclusive to the PS4 on our shores.

VG247

I'm sure I'll love this game, but don't the characters in the cutscenes look a little awkward? So stiff lmao. The battles will make up for it though for sure. It still looks better than modern FF too so I'm happy.

Hmm i'm more interested in this 7 member battle bit. All seven being in the fight at the same time? This sounds like it could get hectic quite easy depending how they do it, and again with all seven I can hardly imagine how immense and then difficult some of the late game fights could get.

I'm interested to see a voice cast for the English dub. I recognize several of them but I can't quite put my finger on several of their names. Crispin Freeman is obvious, I might also be hearing Laura Bailey and Ali Hillis, but not 100% sure on that. In any case sounds like they've got a great cast--great to see the western release of this game is getting so much effort put behind it.

Back