Bambi

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Bambi Branford
FFXIV Server
Lamia
I know a great deal of member's won't know @Koloth well; or even at all, but I just found out he died last night.

I have many fond memories of our old RPG moderator, he was a great laugh, I knew he'd had some health issues in the past, he was an old guy after all, but man. I'm gutted

Rest in peace good sir *pokes in eye* x_o

edit* I just remembered stealing his name a few years ago and it made me lol :lew: and that bloody seagul that is still on my profile from the RPG that gave me hours of amusement for unknown reasons. Then they kept killing me, they were hard seaguls ):

What... wow...

I remember him being an RPG moderator back in the day as well.. Crazy as the RPG moderators have been mentioned a few times lately... Condolences to his friends and family.

That's really sad news.... I think I spoke to him a few times but it sucks, man... All I can say is rest in peace. I don't know his family or personal friends but my condolences go out to them and they'll be in my prayers.

He was most active before my time here so I didn't know him well or in a personal way at all, but I know who he was and how important he was for the community, and I did see him about here posting from time to time.

I think in recent years he logged on mostly to make a spam thread to poke you in the eye for old time's sake, Kelly. :argor:

Damn, that's sad news.

I've just googled for a Klingon eulogy so that I could copy and paste something appropriate here, but the internet tells me that klingons honoured the deaths of fallen warriors by staring into the eyes of the dead and then roaring at the sky.

Instead I'll just say an earthly RIP.

wow that's sad to hear and sorry to hear he passed away. The guy was nice to talk to for laughs as well. Just don't know what else to say except R.I.P., and that he will be missed.

Oh, wow... My heart goes out to his family and close friends.

I remember seeing his username here and there- he seemed like a fun guy, although I never really spoke to him.

RIP, Koloth!

Damn Kels, I had no idea he had health issues. I remember talking to him about the RPG before and after the switch over.

Cheers Koloth, not a sad moment in passing, but a memory sir. You will always be remembered old man!

That's unfortunate. I'm sorry to hear that. I can't say I knew the guy but I've seen him around when I first came here. RIP man.

With a sorrowful heart I say it is very unfortunate to see a core member of this community go so abruptly. I am sure most of the new generations may have or may not heard of who Koloth was and what it once represented for this forum... but I will tell you.

Well for some Koloth was this RPG Inferno moderator who worked tirelessly in order to make our now-defunct RPG Inferno game enjoyable for everyone. For others it was this guy who used to poke Bam's in the eye or post cool stuff.

But for me he was a friend, a good old friend and mentor. I remember Tielknight, Adamant and myself spending hours and hours of our lives chatting through Messenger (openly addressing each other by our real names sometimes) about either the RPG Inferno, Star Trek or any other random gaming discussion or theory. Our RPG Inferno team was outstanding because we poured our heart and soul, because we cared, because we were a team inside and outside the forum, and mostly because Koloth kept us together and lead us through our ups and downs. Sure our team had disagreements, this happens in the best of families, but we always ended up solving our differences and moving on.

Koloth was here since the very beginning and he was this voice of reason that you had to listen to. He had amazing advice and patience to be dealing with what we were back then; a bunch of brats picking fights and making drama about stupid stuff. After my departure, I would occasionally log in to see if I could catch up with him but ended up missing him due to time zone and schedule conflicts and I also joined the Army as a reservist so my time was limited due to my initial training. After coming back I just couldn't find him anymore. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. He was one of the only ones I gave my personal (and still active) phone number and I really wanted to catch up after all these years. For me Koloth was the equivalent of Bobby Singer (if you follow the Supernatural TV show) and it is damn sad to see him go.

Damn I really wish I had a chance to meet him in person and invite him a beer or a glass of whiskey. Now I really fucking regret not being able to say hi one last bloody time. I really don't know what else to say other than: "Koloth, perhaps we never got a chance to meet in the real world now in this lifetime, but surely will meet down the road in the next one." I'll have a drink today to your name and to our friendship. I also couldn't find much, but I did find a Bing-English to Klingon translator so I'll leave with this words:

"bISolnISbe'taHmeH yIyep chal, tlhIngan SuvwI' jIqapruppu': paw. pongDaj qolotlh. roj choQoylaH'a', jup leS." (translation: "Beware Heaven, a Klingon warrior is about to arrive. His name is Koloth. Rest in Peace Old Friend…")

What?! I'm really saddened by this, he was a great and a nice guy. I knew him from back in the day when he was our RPG moderator together with Adamant, he always delivered and always tried to help. I never got the chance to know him personally but I wish I had. Truly very sad news, RIP in Koloth, you will be missed. :(

Wow... :(

He was one of the very first mods that supported me when I jumped on start and gave me so much advice as I was browsing the RPG Admin area checking out stuff they did. This sucks, I know I'm a few weeks late, but he was a great guy, had a level head, and always seemed to be fair. Back in the 2007 forum attacks from Darkblade and the other message board, me, him and Rhea deleted and banned pretty close to 100 users that night with our limited Mod/G-mod abilities.

Always made fun of him for his old age, but I hope he's resting peacefully now up in Heaven with loved ones.

R.I.P. Koloth :(

I'll always remember the 4-some of Koloth, Julius, Adamant, and Tielknight on the RPG mod crew from when the site first opened. Whata team.

I've somehow missed this thread. :hmmm:

Koloth in his forum prime was a bit before my time and I never got to work with or know the chap. But still, a very sad loss that hits home, given that he was one of our own, one of our old guard (no pun intended), a well-liked friend to many here, and someone who played a very integral role in the earlier days of FFF.

Rest in peace and my condolences to his loved ones.

He was Kinda active when I was first on, really sorry for those that knew him well, and I hope his family and other friends will get all the support they need

Oh wow, I just saw this thread tonight. He hasn't really been around recently and I had heard he had some health issues but this is still a shock. He was a really nice guy. My heart goes out to his family. R.I.P.

Wow. I came on here looking for a few choice people to get in touch with again, Koloth was one of them. For those unfamiliar with him, it was about nine years ago now, he ran a game on these forums which was the exclusive reason i signed up. I was looking for time to kill at school learning shortcuts for MS word, a classmate was playing it, and I got curious. I stuck around for a few years, enthralled with playing with him and the others that took part in his game. As simple as it was, the game was his art and without his work, in a round-about way, some of the best things in my life would've never happened.
The world lost a good man that day, and we're in short supply of them now.
Looking back on it all, this makes the news all that more fucked up to me.
I don't know what happened and i doubt I'll be told, but, I hope the poor guy didn't go in pain.
You are already missed.

Really don't want to bring up this sad time, I just wanted to make sure I showed my condolences. Koloth was an awesome dude.

I remember once when he created a boss for the RPG and I beat it and told him it was easy. He got so mad and lectured me on the large amount of time he put in to creating the character and making it so that it would be hard to beat. :lol:

RIP. You will be missed and never forgotten. The RPG was a great time and is what I spent most of my time on. Thank you.

Holy crap.

I logged on just for a whim to see what was happening for the sake of happening and i didn't realize that they had passed.

While i never met him outside the forums like most of you, we did chat on the IM back in the day mainly due to the old RPG when it was still up and running although timezones was always an issue. We used to party for the sake of it and also because he was 5 levels higher then me and carried me through a few quests to level me faster. But this was ages back before the FFHaven incidents which i bet most people wouldn't even remember anymore. I was a brat kid back then, probably only 14 or 13 from memory when i first joined this forum and he was already here before i showed up.

All the regrets to all the games he will never play.

Back