What Status Effect Annoys You The Most?

Alexander

Holy Attack
Gil
Hi Everyone. Hope this thread finds you all well.

Is there any given effect that annoys you more than any other? Mine would be confusion. A big pain in the ass. lol

I agree with the OP. Confused is the worst because it also affects your strongest characters, so if they hit their own ally, they can kill them in one go. But I've found that in FFX the party is able to evade the attacks pretty easily? I also hate Slow which can sometimes happen.

Silence or Toad on the magic users.

Confusion can indeed be horrible, leaving you as this helpless spectator as one of your characters with a particular affinity for powerful regular melee attacks turns their sword or axe on your mages instead of the cackling demon in front of them, swiping away at a good chunk of the poor White Mage's health with brutal efficiency.

Blind can certainly drive you up the wall, as your characters fumble up to an opponent yards ahead like an exceptionally inebriated Dubliner on a Friday night and try to give the creature a good old stab or two, only to walk straight into a lamp post before crawling back in line with a look of utter disgrace on their face. And all the while, as your main attackers exercise the spatial awareness of a drunkard, the mages are left to try and pick up the slack while the enemy casually starts mutilating the group, virtually unopposed.

BUT.

If my mages, particularly those adept at the art of Esunas, have Silence or Toad on them, they cease to be useful entirely, leaving everyone else as sitting ducks if the enemy decides to hand out debilitating status effects as casually as an Arab sheikh chucking paper money at a lap dancer in a seedy club.

At the wrong time Zombie status (FFVIII), was awful. I wind up with a whole party affected by it at times and their health is already low. Then other times I'll have one person receive zombie and then get healed with a cure III due to the Turns. Instant death :( Luckily Holy Water and other curative items took care of it eventually, but stuck in a bad spot I've seen the worst of things go wrong.

Back