My Post Icons

Alexander

Holy Attack
Gil
I realize that this may seem like a silly question, but I'm still familiarizing myself with the forum's mechanics. The screenshot below shows what the thread icons do. The black envelope indicates that I've posted in a specific thread. I've looked at some threads on the main index that I know I've posted in, but I don't see a mog with a black envelope. I just see the one with the orange color. Am I doing something wrong?

WFkMZu7.png

You're not doing anything wrong, the black envelope will actually only show if you've read every post in a given thread. Otherwise the 'unread posts' or another icon will override the 'posted' icon you're looking for. For example: there's a thread with 20 pages and you only read page 20 and left a post. In this case there are still unread posts on pages 1 through 19, so the 'unread posts' icon will be displayed. Hopefully that makes sense, and sorry for the confusion!

Actually... :lew: Be aware that because we added custom icons to the forum the icon legend doesn't always stick true to what it is saying. It may be a bit confusing at first, but you'll get the hang of it in no time. Any thread / forum that you've read and has no new post will have a greyed out Moogle instead.

The main forum (forum front page) icon legend does stick to unread and read threads when it comes to the "Newest Replies" in the top 5 area on the main forum.

pjVfRlR.png

Back