[31/01] FFXV January ATR: Who's who in Niflheim; showcasing of magic; and Metal Gear gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who are actually adept at the whole arguing business put their points across and respond to opposing ones in an articulate and cordial way. People who suck at it resort to ad hominem. Just saying.
you haven't been reading this and you know it. You opted to get the last 5 comments. Not knowing or doing your reading skills to maybe.
I've had a quick glance at your posts and they're all the same things. So much of it is pure conjecture that you can't possibly know for sure, unless you have some kind of mystical neural link into Nomura's mind. You can state why from a game design standpoint the reasons you have qualms with the game, because that's perfectly fine. I'm personally more apathetic towards it than anything, which is partially why I don't engage with this topic as much as I used to. But these fervent comparisons with Versus and the insistence that the current team has sullied Lord Nomura's sacred vision are daft when...we barely know what his plans for Versus even were, beyond the surface level. We don't know how the sequence of internal developmental events has played out over the last ten years, which is why all we can do is make wild guesses.
based on solely what we do know, there was a huge undercut.

I don't call it nomuras sacred vision as sacred but it was "his" vision. It was his proposal, and it was his to change if need be., but again as content Creator (which I guess you're not considering) everything went wrong.
Fair enough if you feel FFXV is detestable based on a set of principles that you hold dearly, but I don't understand the need for this neverending crusade against people who remotely disagree with you. It's particularly hard to take you seriously when you so often place yourself on a high pedestal, while lacking the ability to properly communicate your ideas to others without unwarranted abrasiveness.
same goes to the exact same people who just drop it like a stick when they don't understand if that was real life you would be obligated tobask "can you clarify". But no, ignorance in forums is not only bliss but it's also an advantage

just remember enjoy the game for what it is..
I plan on doing that to the fullest. I'm in a weird spot right now, but I wouldn't want it any other way with FFXV. While I don't see FFXV being perfection objectively, I do believe it is going to turn a lot of heads when it is all said and done in a positive night. Perhaps it will even bring life back into some of the FF focused forums. Only time will tell on that.

you haven't been reading this and you know it. You opted to get the last 5 comments. Not knowing or doing your reading skills to maybe.
based on solely what we do know, there was a huge undercut.

I don't call it nomuras sacred vision as sacred but it was "his" vision. It was his proposal, and it was his to change if need be., but again as content Creator (which I guess you're not considering) everything went wrong.
same goes to the exact same people who just drop it like a stick when they don't understand if that was real life you would be obligated tobask "can you clarify". But no, ignorance in forums is not only bliss but it's also an advantage

Can you read what the Green man, Cabbage, said? Chill out. Your grammatical mistakes, misspellings, and non capitalization is starting to hurt my eyes. Lastly calling "BS" on anyone that disagrees with you without making a point with a decent foundation is starting to be malodorous.

If you persist in making personal insults, we will have to intervene. :hal:

I think the mods might as well close this thread otherwise it will just keep getting worse. Sadly it won't start here, the same people when FFXV comes out will just post and spread hate and displeasure in probably every thread that gets created and slander newcomers for loving this entry and for getting them into a franchise.

People can never be happy anymore and especially be happy as a gamer. I loved those times of just not being a salty person and just enjoying games for what they are, well written interactive entertainment.

I guess me me liking what FFXV is, is well insulting to the hardcore base cause it truly doesn't define what final fantasy is all about. Weird thing is I have been playing them since 1995 and have pretty much played them all. Each entry brings something different to the table and that is what I like most.

If I wanted the same game every time il play Call of Duty. Plus considering this is based mostly on reality. Fade screen taking turn battles would be weird and not fit the tone. The action combat fits due to their magical abilities being higher than normal people.

Either way way I could go on and on but I look forward to the big event in March. Roll out!

Can you read what the Green man, Cabbage, said? Chill out. Your grammatical mistakes, misspellings, and non capitalization is starting to hurt my eyes. Lastly calling "BS" on anyone that disagrees with you without making a point with a decent foundation is starting to be malodorous.

If you persist in making personal insults, we will have to intervene. :hal:
No. I just genuinely call BS when I see it. It has absolutely nothing to do with if they disagree with me. For example: I've argued about spin offs and haven't called anyone for BS. when I call it out it's because I see it.

But if you have such a low opinion of me. Then of course you're going to assume I'm calling someone a BSer because they simply disagree with me (and here is where all mods don't give a shid and ignore me anyways rather than trying to figure out what I'm calling BS)

And also I have a new smartphone that insists on auto correcting all the wrong words and the space bar is extremely close to the an and b often times, making auto correct I on worst.

But hey. Judge me based on that. I surely always criticize everyones grammar.

I think the mods might as well close this thread otherwise it will just keep getting worse. Sadly it won't start here, the same people when FFXV comes out will just post and spread hate and displeasure in probably every thread that gets created and slander newcomers for loving this entry and for getting them into a franchise.

People can never be happy anymore and especially be happy as a gamer. I loved those times of just not being a salty person and just enjoying games for what they are, well written interactive entertainment.

I guess me me liking what FFXV is, is well insulting to the hardcore base cause it truly doesn't define what final fantasy is all about. Weird thing is I have been playing them since 1995 and have pretty much played them all. Each entry brings something different to the table and that is what I like most.

If I wanted the same game every time il play Call of Duty. Plus considering this is based mostly on reality. Fade screen taking turn battles would be weird and not fit the tone. The action combat fits due to their magical abilities being higher than normal people.

Either way way I could go on and on but I look forward to the big event in March. Roll out!

I'm positive that each ff is different. And I also look forward to it. But there's a difference between adding a new twist to the ever evolving genre and just reinventing itself.

But looking at ffxv, what exactly is it doing "different"? Ffxv was originally an ambitious spin off and became a rather safe but expensive mainline game. A game they can't afford to cancel.

Yes, it's as action based but I wouldn't call it the defining feature. Sure it's open world but so have others and that's more of a stepping stone for all final fantasy games. So whether this game claims to be xv or another we we're going to see this.

So what makes xv so special? Or what dord xv do that changes the formula. Every ff doesn't try to be "different". Every ff tries to bring something new to the already existing formula.

XV just doesn't feel like it's trying to be new at all. And what I'm noticing and other people on siliconera and even on Reddit is that XV is starting to resemble Type-0.

Last edited:
I have learned that current day negativity almost always creates more attention than something positive when it comes to social media. Something that has been in the making off and on for 10 years is going to be a bit chilling to finally play after all the years. It's a bit rare for me to see somebody who has played a majority of the titles and still has a positive outlook on things on the overall. Then again, perhaps most of those type of people are too busy having fun and not getting caught up in stuff. Imo there is a lot to appreciate with FFXV, and I am confident many are going to enjoy the title. Woots for the March event!!!

But if you have such a low opinion of me. Then of course you're going to assume I'm calling someone a BSer because they simply disagree with me (and here is where all mods don't give a shid and ignore me anyways rather than trying to figure out what I'm calling BS)

I'm sorry Raz, but you're not the victim you think you are. This thread has 47 replies of people discussing your opinions with you, and it's far from the first. Your opinions have been stated time and time again—you have not been ignored. The reason you feel your opinions are not heard is because the mods here have no problem with people stating their opinions. That's not what anyone's after you for. The problem here is the way in which you feel you have to state your opinions that belittles and condemns anything remotely dissimilar. To be fair you're not the only one who has resorted to that approach in this thread, and don't get the idea that I'm singling you out without noticing other members poor choices of words. The point is, that sort of approach to interacting with other people, whoever you or they are, is unacceptable around here. We're not discussing the next president of the United States, we're discussing Final Fantasy XV and other videogames. Whatever 'BS' you see in other peoples' thinking does not warrant you or anyone else calling it out to condemn it. Discussion is fine—that's what we're here for—but it must be kept constructive. This really shouldn't be that hard, folks.

Like Cabbage said, if there is really a serious issue with another member, take it to a mod/admin. In private. Public discussions are not for feuding with other members.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back