[31/01] FFXV January ATR: Who's who in Niflheim; showcasing of magic; and Metal Gear gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linnaete

sus
Staff member
Editorial Staff
Veteran
Gil
Andre the Adamantoise
Chocobo Egg
Accessory (Head)
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
araneajpg-0d78ffaysn9.jpg

The pre-recorded January ATR event for Final Fantasy XV concluded, with producer Hajime Tabata taking the time to go into some considerable detail about aspects of the game's magic system and the hierarchy and who's-who of the enemy Niflheim Empire. Also included is new gameplay footage showing Solid Noctis attempting to use tactical espionage action to infiltrate an enemy stronghold (where there is indeed a number of Metal Ge- err, Magiteks!).

1. Metal Gear Noctis

Atypical of the Final Fantasy franchise, where stealth and a reliance on environmental manipulation have never been explored gameplay elements yet until now, players will have a variety of options to tackle this daunting mission. They can employ the use of warp abilities to reach vantage points and help evade detection. There is the option of going for the turrets, as well as the option to execute a series of magical fireballs on flammable equipment in the room, if you fancy that unsubtle Michael Bay flavour of action.

Notice also the major overhauls made to the attack and weapons change systems. The camera has seen a drastic evolution, going from its more fumbling, manual setting in the demo to something more automated.

battlejpg-c741e55is0w.jpg

2. Final Progress Report Video

A second progress report video was shown and it shows the build of the game as it was from August to September of 2015. Tabata noted that since the game is essentially in a stage close to beta, all content for the game has reached the final quality target for release, meaning there will be no further progress report videos to show in the future.

Among the things you see in the video are the visual effects for magic, for the quick-flow teleportation attacks in the middle of combat, the ability for a Chocobo to come in and do some kicking action, as well as Noctis in frog form. Tabata said that the locomotion for the toad is complete, if only because certain enemies in the game will be able to cast that classic status ailment of Toad on you.

3. Magic and Combat

You know what was missing in Episode Duscae? Magic. Where is the magic? Yes, the final game will have magic.

While magic in previous games have largely been straightforward affairs whereby you pick a spell, then a target and then you fling your spell at the target and see numbers pop out of their craniums, magic in this game can be a valuable ally and your worst nightmare at the same time.

2016jankeyartjpg-19c79nshs.jpg

There is an emphasis on the environment in FFXV. A simple fire spell can certainly cause considerable damage to enemies and the fauna around you, but an unchecked inferno can also engulf your unsuspecting party members. A simple "oops" fire spell on an oil slick next to some flammable items can ignite a tactically advantageous inferno on your enemies, or consume everyone in a massive chain series of explosions.

There are two different disciplines of magic in FFXV – elemental magic and ring magic. The former is magic in its more natural form and derive from the planet. Elemental magic from the earth consists of Fire, Blizzard, and Thunder. These magic attacks have different effects based on the weather and environment. For example, grassy fields are flammable when casting Fire, or if you’re using Thunder in the middle of a downpour, it will deal more damage. If there is water in a Blizzard attack’s initial area of effect, the water will become frozen.

Elemental magic cannot be purchased, but is rather a resource that can be drawn from the world around you. Think FFVIII's Draw System, but hopefully nothing as tedious. The energy you gather from the natural environment can be used to create magic spells and be stored in the inventory, ready to be used as a weapon in battle.

Ring magic only becomes usable after a certain point in the story, and can only be used by the bearer of the royal ring of Lucis (Noctis), passed down the royal line.

4. Niflheim Empire

We can't seem to avoid evil empires. They're practically everywhere. If Cid's Milites Empire in Final Fantasy Type-0 wasn't enough for fans of imperial marches, here's yet another empire to confront in an action-combat Final Fantasy game.

A general hierarchy of Niflheim is shown, giving names to returning faces from both Versus XIII and the earliest FFXV trailers.

iedolas5ssxr.png

ideolasj9s8q.png

Iedolas Aldercapt; supremacist emperor of the Niflheim Empire. At the start of the game, Aldercapt is merely a figurehead of his nation, as he has "semi-retired" from frontline politics. Nevertheless, his thirst for expansionist policies ripples through the entire hierarchy of Niflheim's government.

ardyn3lsr6.png

Ardyn Izunia; he is the true controlling political figure of the Empire, serving as Aldercapt's Chancellor. He is described as shrewd and humorous, which easily makes him a better politician than most.

glaucag8s9q.png

General Glauca; this horrific love child of a Judge Magister from FFXII and a Cie'th from FFXIII is the head of Niflheim's military.

magitekzgsy7.png

Niflheim's Magitek Infantry; these aren't the droids you're looking for. The regular infantry of Niflheim comprise of androids, with the higher chain of command being dominated by humans.

aranea69sd8.png

Aranea Highwind; first appearing in a Final Fantasy Versus XIII trailer five years ago, the fan favourite blonde Dragoon woman returns as Captain of the Niflheim Empire’s Third Army Corps 86th Airborne Unit.

Nova Crystallis 1 | 2

I gotta say... while this game is gradually looking really interesting in its own right, it doesn't seem to feel too much like final fantasy from these gameplay videos.

This sneaking aspect just doesn't look like it's a final fantasy game. To me, it's similar to what I imagined the original Metal Gear Rising was going to be like. The Rising we got was sensational, but I do dream of what-if's.

Other than that, I'm actually a bit annoyed I don't have a PS4 to get this when it does come out. I haven't been this intrigued by a game coming out since The Last of Us.

If there's one thing I'll give SE regarding new games, it's the fact that they do aim for originality in their gameplay. While it didn't work out in XII, I think it might work out in this:

Final Rising XV: Revengeance.

I gotta say... while this game is gradually looking really interesting in its own right, it doesn't seem to feel too much like final fantasy from these gameplay videos.
FF is only limited by its genre, and the imagination of the developers.

I think this was the best ATR as of late. They showed two videos, one highlighting the great combat, which is a record compared to the stuff they have been showing in the last few active time reports. I watched the whole thing and I was seriously impressed with the game. Confirmation that versus elements that fans have been speculating for the longest time now are not gone is nice, as we did get the names of characters we didn’t see since Versus XII. The purple haired guy (Ardyn), the dragoon (Aranea, Not Luna!), and we also got a name for the old man, plus Glauca (who I think I saw in a previous trailer, this isn't the first time he was shown). These elements kept me excited throughout the ATR, and the combat trailer. Speaking of the combat, it looks incredibly refined and much for fun than what we got in Episode Duscae. There seems to be a bigger focus on doing combos, and crazy flips like in Star Wars. Yeah, the stealth aspect may bring forth elements of MGS, but it is completely optional, therefore I do not really know what people are complaining about (I hope jokingly, anyhow). This is not the first time FF has had stealth either. For me, the variety of weapon use will make Noctis a jack-of-all-trades, essentially. We saw him use a katana at blinding speed, which seems to suggest there is incredible variety in weapons he can use. We have seen daggers, lances, greatswords, katanas, guns, spears, etc. I am sure we haven't seen everything he can use yet either. Moreover, because of the emphasis on ally attacks and such, character switching doesn't bother me anymore much. It looks like there is clear synced teamwork at times, and I enjoyed that for the most part. It doesn't look like a mindless button masher.

FFXV-ATR_01-30-16_008-600x338.jpg

Oh, and since we are getting a second demo at the March event, I wouldn't put it past Square Enix to release the game in very late 2016. If the recent events have been any indication, it will probably be December. I mean, this ATR was at the very end of the month, now the March event is at the end of the month on the 30th, and the release date for the game will probably be at the end of a month as well! I am noticing quite the trend. Anyhow, the direction of info in the March event will change to an unveiling of the real Final Fantasy XV, therefore there is bound to be some spoilers there and for E3. After the March event and E3, I'll probably stop watching FFXV related info until release. March is going to be huge. Tabata said this himself, but I really do hope they show a long trailer, a look at Altissia, and maybe a look at Luna more in depth. That is all I want to see before playing the game myself. Since the event is called Uncovered: Final Fantasy XV, I'm certain we will get an in depth look at the cities, combat, the world, and much more.

After watching some of the highlights of this ATR again I'm actually pretty confident in where this game is going (finally). That Niflheim battle demo especially has my hopes up--that looks like everything Versus XIII wanted to be. It's like this game has come full circle. Everything looks so much more fluid and functional than Episode Duscae, even v2.0, and I actually get an FF vibe from the characters. Things are really pulling together now--I can actually see the vision of the game through all the disconnected pieces we've received.

Now I just hope the March 30th event doesn't spoil too much. At this point I want it to be a tease that makes me eager to get my hands on the game, not feel like I've already played the first few hours of it. Consider my faith more or less restored. Now I want hype!

Its looking more and more like type-0. I honestly wasn't looking forward too much on the immersive giant world. Sometimes these games are far too pact it can be overwhelming.

Ill wait for March to hold judgement. But I find this world less and less like final fantasy. I know someone here said it's limited by it's genre, but so is dragon quest. And yet, when you look at DQ, you can tell it's DQ, even the spin offs.

Comparing two different fruits is invalid and moot in such a manner. Each series has different standards and premises that each operates on. As long as each mainline FF title is an RPG title, regardless of the kind, the formula isn't being broken. It will still be a Final Fantasy mainline title in that regard. XV is every bit of a mainline title as the ones that came before. What one person defines as a fantasy, may not be what another defines as a fantasy. A majority of the mainline titles, while being different, have formed their own identity. That plays a part in why there is a great difference between the later installments and even some of the older ones. These fantasies are mainly limited by the developers, and also of course technology. This title looks more like FFXV to me. One should not form a checklist as to what a fantasy "is" and "isn't".

Comparing two different fruits is invalid and moot in such a manner. Each series has different standards and premises that each operates on. As long as each mainline FF title is an RPG title, regardless of the kind, the formula isn't being broken. It will still be a Final Fantasy mainline title in that regard. XV is every bit of a mainline title as the ones that came before. What one person defines as a fantasy, may not be what another defines as a fantasy. A majority of the mainline titles, while being different, have formed their own identity. That plays a part in why there is a great difference between the later installments and even some of the older ones. These fantasies are mainly limited by the developers, and also of course technology. This title looks more like FFXV to me. One should not form a checklist as to what a fantasy "is" and "isn't".

Lovely explanation but I fear raz will pick you apart. Personally this has come a long way since the 2.0 demo it looks better and plays a lot more fluently. The metal gear comparisons make me smile it's not quite as in depth but it looks well placed into the world and makes sense it's a fantasy based on reality. The warping I really like as well it gave some needed freedom to player placement. I'm excited for this and await the march event.

Lovely explanation but I fear raz will pick you apart. Personally this has come a long way since the 2.0 demo it looks better and plays a lot more fluently. The metal gear comparisons make me smile it's not quite as in depth but it looks well placed into the world and makes sense it's a fantasy based on reality. The warping I really like as well it gave some needed freedom to player placement. I'm excited for this and await the march event.
Subjectively the person can, but objectively the person won't get anywhere. The proof is in the games. A lot of people are very excited. Pro Versus XIII people should be as well since 1) Aranea Highwind was shown off again, which hasn't been shown since the game was titled Versus XIII ; 2) They know for sure there will be times they can operate machines for combat in a similar fashion as to what was doable in Versus trailers. Yeah I know people are making comparisons to MGS which I find to be cool and funny at the same time. What makes the trailer even better is that it probably takes place fairly early in the game since a lot of the enemies are lv. 6. I must admit, Noctis is pretty damn handy with a Katana. Vergil may have some competition :D.
GWvMxh.gif

The very reason I'm not getting excited about Aranea Highwind, even though she's beautiful and pretty badass just by looking at her is because we had another villain in FF XIII. Don't get me wrong because I am very happy she is still a thing in XV but there is something iffy. Does anyone remember Jihl Nabaat? I was so excited for her role and it appears she did only have 10 minutes of screen time before being killed off in the most stupid possible way. This is a similar idea with Aranea. By the looks of the trailer, we will fight her at the very end of that base mission and therefore that is already more than Jihl ever did. Tabata says she is an important character and that is why he wanted to talk about her so badly, however, I still worry she can end up with a crap role. Besides, it looks like the female villain representation in XV is all-important, as Tabata said we would have strong females on both the good and evil side, so I'm trying to believe Aranea will be a good character. Perhaps she’s going to end up being a major sub villain. I would love that. It is a similar hierarchy, and Jihl held a very high rank in the Sanctum officers much like Aranea does in FFXV. Perhaps Aranea is the Jihl we have been waiting for.

I understand where you are coming from, especially with the comparison to Jihl. I felt that character could have been fought in a non-direct sense, but that never happened. Aranea may very well end up being a Seifer or Barthandelus in the aspect of multiple fights throughout the course of the game. I'm not saying the Jihl archetype won't be present in FFXV. It may very well be present with even a male character. I don't think Aranea will fit the bill though, especially since she is in attire that is more for combat than what Jihl wore. I am very interested in finding out more about her and her thought process later on.

Although it's true it's being limited by the developers. Just like metal gear, the series has become so indistinguishable the newer fans (you) simply don't care enough. And when I say new fans I don't refer to those whobwere long enough, but those who enjoy the series more recently.

To me, this looks like any other game. And if it wasn't for chocobos, virtually nothing about this feels like a FF game. I'm jot saying it needs to resemble more, but Se is clearly saying "F F is whatever the he'll we want it to be, and there's nothing you can do about it".

Objectively, FFXV has strong resemblance to Type 0. Ibdont define ff by the term fantasy, ibdefine it by what Se has already implanted into what ff's fantasy is.

Just like the developers had implanted what DQ is suppose to look like.

Does anyone remember Jihl Nabaat? I was so excited for her role and it appears she did only have 10 minutes of screen time before being killed off in the most stupid possible way.

To this day, I keep Jihl alive in both spirited debate and occasional silent prayer (that this never happens again to another character, that is). I believe the whole purpose of Jihl's character was to give us a well-advertised powerful villain that could easily be cut down in an instant, without preamble, so as to assert the callousness of her killer. Or perhaps she was created so that we could mourn her passing before she could do anything to redeem herself. Whatever the case, I don't ever wish to see another Jihl Nabaat. All that wasted potential...

Perhaps Aranea is the Jihl we have been waiting for.

I hope the same. Jihl needs a second chance. After all, her color code warnings never reached the end of the rainbow...

I love your bias. I am still able to see what the main series is. As time has gone by, you simply stopped being open-minded. You are part of the segment of the fanbase that isn't very open to change outside the "comfort zone". There are both new and old fans looking forward to the title and don't mind the changes. So the caring point you brought up is moot. You're free to dislike something, but don't jump up and claim something isn't FF just because it may be outside of your "norm" or "comfort zone". You don't see me doing that with any of the mainline games. You want to box FF inside of a box, then go for it. How can you make a final call on a game feeling or not feeling like FF when you haven't even played it? OOOOOHHH that's right your bias is kicking in again. Since you acknowledge that you view FF based on what is implemented, why continue to complain about it over and over again? Changes are still going to happen just as they always have. Technology has allowed more radical changes. Proof is in the games. The past can be touched upon more in the future if SE wants, but this isn't the mainline game for that. You have known this for awhile. Let it go.

I'd even bet gil that when FFXV comes out and you "rent it", you will go into it with a critical mind set. Yes, your precious Stella didn't make the cut. Instead of trying to enjoy the game for what it is, you will dislike it for what it isn't. This will be evident of your bias once again because I am pretty sure you didn't go into every FF mainline title with that mind set. Then you will come to this forum and spew a giant wall of text that will confirm my thoughts when it's all said and done. You've been spinning the same tune for who knows how long. You'll probably even go to the length to expect people to explain why they enjoyed the game. You'll probably disagree with said reasons and maybe even talk down on some of those people in the process. I've already seen you do that to another forum member here, and the game isn't even out yet.

I love your bias. I am still able to see what the main series is. As time has gone by, you simply stopped being open-minded. You are part of the segment of the fanbase that isn't very open to change outside the "comfort zone". There are both new and old fans looking forward to the title and don't mind the changes. So the caring point you brought up is moot. You're free to dislike something, but don't jump up and claim something isn't FF just because it may be outside of your "norm" or "comfort zone". You don't see me doing that with any of the mainline games. You want to box FF inside of a box, then go for it. How can you make a final call on a game feeling or not feeling like FF when you haven't even played it? OOOOOHHH that's right your bias is kicking in again. Since you acknowledge that you view FF based on what is implemented, why continue to complain about it over and over again? Changes are still going to happen just as they always have. Technology has allowed more radical changes. Proof is in the games. The past can be touched upon more in the future if SE wants, but this isn't the mainline game for that. You have known this for awhile. Let it go.
I'm just as bias as you are if not less than you. Because you have only played a specific handheld and had mainly appreciated the fairly recent FF. Heck you had no real interest in FfXV until it was rebranded into XV.

There's no comfort zone. There's just enjoyment and in enjoyment. Technology has allowed many things yes, but why aren't we seeing a fully controllable party? Why aren't we seeing a large array of magic? Yes we get open world, but it's not fully approachable like in ff7 ff8 and ff9.

Lets not play the tech card here. I have absolutely no interest in how the game looks visually.
I'd even bet gil that when FFXV comes out and you "rent it", you will go into it with a critical mind set. Yes, your precious Stella didn't make the cut. Instead of trying to enjoy the game for what it is, you will dislike it for what it isn't. This will be evident of your bias once again because I am pretty sure you didn't go into every FF mainline title with that mind set. Then you will come to this forum and spew a giant wall of text that will confirm my thoughts when it's all said and done. You've been spinning the same tune for who knows how long. You'll probably even go to the length to expect people to explain why they enjoyed the game. You'll probably disagree with said reasons and maybe even talk down on some of those people in the process. I've already seen you do that to another forum member here, and the game isn't even out yet.
this is where you're wrong. I dont expect people to explain why they like the game. People have already declared they like it. I bet some of you already know tou will enjoy it no matter how horribly developed characters are. KEEp in mind, Stella represents a whole lot more. ANd that is the integrity of a story. I honestly can't forgive what has happened. Not ever. And I can't. To me, and fellow content creators out there, when you make a game and the concept has been strongly defined by you, only to be moved to make another game and said person changes things. No matter how silent you are in the media, you can't ignore that. So maybe you shouldn't talk until you have that happened to you.

This game has everything the average gamer wants. And some of you may rejoice in that. I don't. I grew up with FF because it added a specific quality other games didn't, and that included the spin offs. But as of now, people have subconsciously viewed Final Fantasy as the universal representation of RPG, and because of that, it's a matter of what ff does next won't matter.

Thats not anymore bias than trying to turn Final Fantasy into a universal RPG. I honestly believe if it as a name it should live up to it. AND lately it hasn't. Ff has ad every opportunity to go action in the main series. I'm not angry about it. What I am angry about is the complete lack of hook. All the other FF games (apart from 13) really hooked me instantly just by the premise.

As of now, I am not invested emotionally in any of the characters. I don't see these characters as my "brow" either in which I know a large group of the fan base has already dubbed them that way. I just want to see what to like about them. And I see absolutely NOTHING. But they sure as hell hype these characters. And that's what I hate. They show us the aspects that build up an image of what they want us to perceive. But it's an image. Thats all it is.

But if we are talking about true open mindedness, then we have to also look at Ffxv could've easily been sold as FF versus. Or any other spin off with the same budget.

I'm already seeing things I don't like. I am not ignoring the good, but this is all in mystery still. I'm tired of the impressive ATR, they are just there to appease fans, not really show me how I will enjoy the game. For example: we normally see a few bosses here and there when it comes to development time. We haven't got much of that. Everything feels like they aren't truthful.

I am not reading that giant wall of text, but I am sure it's spewing with your love of Stella. It's easy to take a character you don't know like the back of your hand and insert all kinds of head cannons to make a character seem more than what they may be. At the end of the day, you got too attached to a rough draft, and I would be surprised if somebody hasn't pointed that out to you in the past. It's your fault your are in the position that your are in now. You jump to conclusions before you have enough information to make a solid final call. Then you get butthurt when things don't turn out the way you thought they should have. You do fill your role nicely though. You complain for the sake of complaining, and you have that mastered to a very high degree. When something is in the process of change, sometimes sacrifices are made. That does not automatically mean the end result is going to be poor. In fact, sometimes those changes can help make something better on the overall. This is reality. Oops, I just typed the "R" word.

I am not reading that giant wall of text, but I am sure it's spewing with your love of Stella. It's easy to take a character you don't know like the back of your hand and insert all kinds of head cannons to make a character seem more than what they may be. At the end of the day, you got too attached to a rough draft, and I would be surprised if somebody hasn't pointed that out to you in the past. It's your fault your are in the position that your are in now. You jump to conclusions before you have enough information to make a solid final call. Then you get butthurt when things don't turn out the way you thought they should have. You do fill your role nicely though. You complain for the sake of complaining, and you have that mastered to a very high degree. When something is in the process of change, sometimes sacrifices are made. That does not automatically mean the end result is going to be poor. In fact, sometimes those changes can help make something better on the overall. This is reality. Oops, I just typed the "R" word.

You are the biggest hypocrit here next to good old lunafreya herself if you can't read , assume what I'm saying and making a whole point about it.

You can't complain about he being bias if you're all bias yourselves. I'm not sold by FFXV.

For the record, FF VERSUS 13 was more than a rough draft. You probably dont remember because you didnt a shid about it until now (just like lunafreya). We had over 8 years of this game. We had only recent changes now, and nothing about it seems to show off anything unique or original other than car simulation.

And again, I'm talking about how someone oversees someone else's project and then make it their own. This doesn't feel anywhere near the same thing. The only thing nomura like is Noctis.

And if you can't understand that, you have no integrity at all. The R word doesn't change anything or make my comment any less.

You are the biggest hypocrit here next to good old lunafreya herself if you can't read , assume what I'm saying and making a whole point about it.

You can't complain about he being bias if you're all bias yourselves. I'm not sold by FFXV.

For the record, FF VERSUS 13 was more than a rough draft. You probably dont remember because you didnt a shid about it until now (just like lunafreya). We had over 8 years of this game. We had only recent changes now, and nothing about it seems to show off anything unique or original other than car simulation.

And again, I'm talking about how someone oversees someone else's project and then make it their own. This doesn't feel anywhere near the same thing. The only thing nomura like is Noctis.

And if you can't understand that, you have no integrity at all. The R word doesn't change anything or make my comment any less.

I don't understand how I'm a hypocrite about Versus XIII. It is common knowledge that Versus was a failed project that was only around 20% complete and I'm sure I have mentioned this before but Nomura did say the road trip was a central idea in Versus. Sure, it was not as developed as we see now in XV, but it was still there. Again, you have a skewed perception of Stella Nox Fleuret that was nothing more than fan speculation, and I do believe many of us have tried to tell you that at least a few times. Stella was not a completely different character that eclipses Luna. That is only what you thought she was. I appreciate your admiration for Stella, and I have told you this before. I used to defend Stella but it is 2016 and I notice Luna may be a better character and likely not very different when compared to Stella. We were ALL disappointed Stella was scrapped. I even made a farewell message to her in one thread.

However, since you are going to play the FFXV isn't unique card, what was unique about versus? As far as I know, everything versus did is in FFXV but expanded on. The story may have slightly changed, yes, but the consensus is that FFXV takes themes from Versus and makes them more powerful. Tabata expressed interest in the ps4 for this very reason. Sure, you can argue Luna isn't unique and is just a shell of Stella, but haven't we done that enough times? I don’t care as long as Versus themes are there. I can communicate with the game after all these years of seeing ambitious trailers. Dragoon woman Aranea is there, Iedolas is there, and all the others may as well be. This is still versus but just expanded on because of the Ps4’s power. Tabata didn’t want a game with character switching. He wanted a game where the main character was unique and his allies can appreciate him and communicate with him. I think he wants us to feel Noctis’s story. That is the general impression I get, anyway.

I can read just fine. I simply choose not to read that post. You can explain yourself in a few sentences because the end result is always the same with you anyway. Even in 2013 when Nomura was still over the project, there was a very important message at the start of this video...
It's your problem if you took that message with a grain of salt. Anything on paper can sound good, but implementing it can be a whole different story. So yeah, I can say Versus XIII was just a rough draft, especially since it didn't even cover half of FFXV's completion status when Tabata took over lead. Results hold more weight than intentions. I don't care if you have a problem with it not.

You are stuck in the past. That's your choice. Nomura put a lot of work into the project I am sure, but things didn't work out. FFXV has never been a one person show. If you have citations showing that Tabata, or SE, has replaced every member that has been working on the project since the early days, then please share. Otherwise, it's just your assumption that you can't back up. I used the "R" term because that is one of the themes of the game, even during the early days. Complaining about what you've known for years is moot.

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret the hipocrisy comes in choosing to apply reasoning against Versus XIII and not using the same logic against XV. You keep spouting the same answer.

I use to believe XV was just a more ambitious versus xiii that just misses the point, but now it shows that they are pushing further into Type-0 territory.
FinalxxSin the message of the game subject to change was mostly for gameplay as they couldnt promise anyone what we would see in the trailer were the features we were going to see. FOr example, monster climbing was a huge debate of whether it would be shown. And even then it was talking about what the trailer represented NOT what the game was about.

for the record, there have been massive changes in staff when it turned into ffxv. Nomura was director and character designer. He did not design any of the new redesigns and characters. That also includes Cindy. We still have Nomura interviews.

The production of the game (versus xiii) was not just a draft. It was pitched, it was developed and pushed again and again for half a decade. Were talking about production state not whether the game itself was a draft. Heck ffxv had wasted a whole year to transition from old xv to new xv in 2014. If it wasn't for that we would've had XV about now.

They replaced script writer, director, and many of the graphic designers for type 0 have taken the lead. Nomura was the lead artist and now he isn't. And most importantly the direction of where the game should go is gone. There's a whole level of shadyness to it all. And it shouldn't be ignored.

Let me know when you are at the other end of the stick. Because I highly doubt you will understand. Its easy to act like a total asshole about reality but in know when you experience the exact same thing, you wont be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back