Hello from Alexandria

Dagger

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
Well, obviously I'm not really from Alexandria. Someone (predictably) had beaten me to having Zidane as a username, so I'll be Dagger. Not sure why that name wasn't taken too, though. I mean, Dagger is bae.

So can you guess which installment in the Final Fantasy series is my favorite? :woot:

Honestly, I know this might sound crazy, but, the only FF games I've actually finished are IX and Chocobo Tales. I got pretty far on X back in the day, and I've played X-2, 8, 12, Tactics, and Tactics Advance as well. Recently, I started playing the PSP rerelease of the first game, and I'm planning to go through as many of them as I can. I saw my sister playing 13 and so far was unimpressed with it; I'm also not particularly interested in the online ones because I don't really play online. I am, naturally, hyped to the limit, or perhaps beyond, about the Steam rerelease of IX. The graphics look nicer, and that makes me happy, but in truth, even though I still have the game in its original PS1 format (just ran through it via the PS3, actually), I'd still get the Steam rerelease even if there were no changes at all. Because having my favorite game ever on my laptop, and therefor portable, is something I just can't say "no" to.

Well, this is an introduction, so I guess I should say at least something about me, huh? Alright, so, I'm from the country, yeah I mean southern US. I'm not conservative, though, nor am I an idiot. Obviously I'm not the smartest or most educated person, but just cos I talk funny doesn't mean I'm an uneducated hillbilly; I'm actually quite the intellectual and I have a BA in English from a reputable university. I tend to spend my time reading, writing, playing video games, and socializing online via text. I'm a big fan of the written word and a well-told story. I'm also much more articulate when expressing my thoughts via text. I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic, so I have a soft spot for anything with a well-written and sweet love story in it, though I realize most of it is fantasy. Oh well, fantasy is awesome, anyway, especially when it's final, heh heh. Bad pun? Okay.

When having a serious discussion, I can be pretty blunt; that doesn't mean I'm angry or that I'm trying to offend anyone or that I'm being mean. I'm simply a blunt person. I'm putting a warning here so that maybe you'll expect it should it happen? I'm overall kind of friendly, but shy. I almost never send the first message to anyone, on any sort of medium (despite frequenting forums and making use of the IM feature on skype almost daily). Doesn't mean I don't like someone or that I don't want to talk to them. I like talking to people, I'm just usually uncomfortable with contacting them first. So, feel free to say hi or anything if'n you want.

Hm. Can't think of anything else at the moment, so I guess I'll wrap up. I look forward to meeting y'all and posting around more, though obviously I can't promise I'll be especially active or anything. I've been on loads of forums in the past, and sadly most don't stick. This place looks nice though!

Welcome Dagger! I hope you will accept this place as your home while Alexandria is rebuilt :ryan:. Just...please don't cut your hair. It looks so much better long :sad2:.

I actually love FF9 too and am hoping the Steam version gets ported over to the PS4. I'd love an upgrade :s.

Welcome to this fun little corner of insanity here. Seriously should finish 8,10 and Tactics. Tactics itself is a great game, mind you which one are you playing? The ps1 version or the psp War of the Lions one? Only difference is WofT lets you use a couple more jobs and expands a little more on the story behind the scenes we didn't see in the first one and some of our side characters so it is worth a grab if have the first one. Also you should try if ya can find it play 6. But again welcome and have fun.

So can you guess which installment in the Final Fantasy series is my favorite? :woot:

Err...Final Fantasy VIII? :gonk:

Welcome to the forums, Dagger! Loved reading your honest and upfront intro post too. FFIX is my second favourite and if I can, I would grab it from Steam in a heartbeat...whenever it's due. xD

Any questions, feel free to ask, or pester a member of staff. Technically I'm not staff, but I'm open to being pestered anyway if you need anything. o/

Hello from the other si--- huehuehue. I won't go there! :lew:

Welcome to the forum, Zid--- I mean Dagger! You should definitely continue on VIII and should reaaaally try out VII (fangirl!)

"I'm not conservative, though, nor am I an idiot" <-- LOL! :lew: I already like you. It's good that you're blunt, in my opinion. I tend to come across that way too, and even though it may rub people the wrong way, I can personally really appreciate it. You should definitely say hi in the shoutbox once in a while, though!

I hope you enjoy your time around here. Don't forget to check out the graphic competitions (if you also dab around in that area) or the gaming screenshots competitions.

Feel free to ask any of the Staff members for help if you need it. =]

welcome to FFF! hope you'll be enjoying your time around here!

as for online games, I used to loathe them, my brother made me try WoW yeeeaaars ago and I was just "nope no no i don't like it" - but look at me now, I've developed a FFXIV obsession (you should at least download the trial! it's so much fun)

Welcome Dagger! I hope you will accept this place as your home while Alexandria is rebuilt :ryan:. Just...please don't cut your hair. It looks so much better long :sad2:.

I actually love FF9 too and am hoping the Steam version gets ported over to the PS4. I'd love an upgrade :s.
No promises not to cut my hair... I kinda like it short. ;)

A PS4 port would be pretty awesome, too, now that you mention it. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess. I'm happy enough the game's getting attention at all, if I'm honest!

Welcome to this fun little corner of insanity here. Seriously should finish 8,10 and Tactics. Tactics itself is a great game, mind you which one are you playing? The ps1 version or the psp War of the Lions one? Only difference is WofT lets you use a couple more jobs and expands a little more on the story behind the scenes we didn't see in the first one and some of our side characters so it is worth a grab if have the first one. Also you should try if ya can find it play 6. But again welcome and have fun.
I didn't even know there was a PSP version of Tactics, lol. I have the old skool PS1 version. I do plan to finish it, 8, and 10, as well. I intend to finish all the ones I started one of these days. I do hope to get a hold of 6 (as well as all the others I don't have) at some point as well. May look into this PSP version of Tactics too.
Err...Final Fantasy VIII? :gonk:

Welcome to the forums, Dagger! Loved reading your honest and upfront intro post too. FFIX is my second favourite and if I can, I would grab it from Steam in a heartbeat...whenever it's due. xD

Any questions, feel free to ask, or pester a member of staff. Technically I'm not staff, but I'm open to being pestered anyway if you need anything. o/

Heh, I knew someone would make such a joke. I expected them to use VII though. :P

Thanks for the warm welcome! I do appreciate it.

Hello from the other si--- huehuehue. I won't go there! :lew:

Welcome to the forum, Zid--- I mean Dagger! You should definitely continue on VIII and should reaaaally try out VII (fangirl!)

"I'm not conservative, though, nor am I an idiot" <-- LOL! :lew: I already like you. It's good that you're blunt, in my opinion. I tend to come across that way too, and even though it may rub people the wrong way, I can personally really appreciate it. You should definitely say hi in the shoutbox once in a while, though!

I hope you enjoy your time around here. Don't forget to check out the graphic competitions (if you also dab around in that area) or the gaming screenshots competitions.

Feel free to ask any of the Staff members for help if you need it. =]

Ha, thanks. I may pop into the shoutbox at some point, but it will really depend on a variety of things, ranging from the discussion in the box at the time, to my current mood, and many other things. Graphic competitions may be for me, indeed, and I may investigate that at some point.

Also, the only reason I haven't tried VII yet is because I only ever had access to disk 1, and I decided not to start a game I couldn't finish at that time. As I mentioned above, I do plan to get back to VIII again one day, and I'll try to get my paws on VII at some point too.

welcome to FFF! hope you'll be enjoying your time around here!

as for online games, I used to loathe them, my brother made me try WoW yeeeaaars ago and I was just "nope no no i don't like it" - but look at me now, I've developed a FFXIV obsession (you should at least download the trial! it's so much fun)
I have tried a few online games in my day, but usually I don't like them. Most don't have controller support, which sadly is a must for me (I have issues in my hands that don't allow me to use the keyboard very long) and aside from that they tend to feel kind of uncomfortable to me, like being in a bustling crowd. That said I may look into the trial one day. I have somewhat enjoyed some online games before, though never quite enough to play them much.

Why hello there, Dagger! Pleasure to meet you. Like Linnaete, I every much enjoyed reading your intro post and getting a quick glimpse of your character. Don't worry about being blunt. You'll fit right in with us. ;)

If you ever try FFXIV later, we've got a Free Company based on our very own community here and given time, you may even feel comfortable enough to play with some of us. The social aspect of it is amazing!

I'm also anxiously waiting for FFIX on Steam. Feel free to join our Steam community too. I hardly pop in Steam these days ever since my hard drive got wiped several months ago, but I'd like to re-download some games from my library.

Anyway I hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to ask around if you have questions. =]

I read your thread title and thought 'Cool! Someone from Alexandria, Egypt!'... But then I saw your username! I'm a big fan of that other Alexandria too, of course! :argor:

Welcome to the forums, Dagger!

I also enjoyed your intro post. You have the sort of personality which should fit in easily in this community.

Let's hope that you enjoy what you see here. If you need anything let us know.

I shall never call you Dagger, Princess Garnet! :mokken:

But welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy the peasant life among us thieves and murders! :elmo:

On a side note Hope your funny accent is something i can laugh at! :grin: (joking don't hit me! :box: )

Why hello there, Dagger! Pleasure to meet you. Like Linnaete, I every much enjoyed reading your intro post and getting a quick glimpse of your character. Don't worry about being blunt. You'll fit right in with us. ;)

If you ever try FFXIV later, we've got a Free Company based on our very own community here and given time, you may even feel comfortable enough to play with some of us. The social aspect of it is amazing!

I'm also anxiously waiting for FFIX on Steam. Feel free to join our Steam community too. I hardly pop in Steam these days ever since my hard drive got wiped several months ago, but I'd like to re-download some games from my library.

Anyway I hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to ask around if you have questions. =]

Cool, I'll keep that in mind if I do try it. I might join the Steam community, too, I haven't really made use of Steam's social functions yet, despite having it for years. I tend to game by myself or with family, so I never bothered.

I read your thread title and thought 'Cool! Someone from Alexandria, Egypt!'... But then I saw your username! I'm a big fan of that other Alexandria too, of course! :argor:

Welcome to the forums, Dagger!

I also enjoyed your intro post. You have the sort of personality which should fit in easily in this community.

Let's hope that you enjoy what you see here. If you need anything let us know.

Heh, sorry for the confusion. Yeah the response to this thread has been very welcoming, so I'm pleased so far with my decision to join. Y'all seem like nice people.

I shall never call you Dagger, Princess Garnet! :mokken:

But welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy the peasant life among us thieves and murders! :elmo:

On a side note Hope your funny accent is something i can laugh at! :grin: (joking don't hit me! :box: )
Well, if you insist on being so formal, be my guest. :P

I am quite accustomed to peasants and thieves these days, so no worries there. ;)

As for the accent, if you've ever heard Applejack from MLP, you have your answer. :P

Hey there! Welcome to the forums and stuff. Lots of people have said it already, but still! Also you've actually played far more Final Fantasy games than I have, so it's not that crazy. Haha. XIV was my first and it's an MMO... a lot of references are lost on me xD

Hope you enjoy your time here, anywho.

Welcome to Final Fantasy Forum! We appreciate you on joining our community. Please feel free to post anything related to the series. Hope that you stay active and enjoy the forum. Any question feel free to ask the staff member.

Hey there! Welcome to the forums and stuff. Lots of people have said it already, but still! Also you've actually played far more Final Fantasy games than I have, so it's not that crazy. Haha. XIV was my first and it's an MMO... a lot of references are lost on me xD

Hope you enjoy your time here, anywho.

Hmm, well, I guess I'm not too bad off then! Thanks for the welcome! ;)

Welcome to Final Fantasy Forum! We appreciate you on joining our community. Please feel free to post anything related to the series. Hope that you stay active and enjoy the forum. Any question feel free to ask the staff member.
Thank you for the welcome. :)

Back