Final Fantasy IX, the book, would you read it?

Gil
I personally love the story of Final Fantasy IX and i've often thought about how it would be to see it illustrated as a play, book or maybe even a film.

What do you think?
Does the story in itself hold up for such a thing?
Would you read it?

I think it could be awesome. Sometimes when im depressed i put on the Final Fantasy IX soundtrack and try to sink into the FF9-universe for a moment.

/teachesofpeaches

I'm not sure if I would personally. But I imagine hardcore fans of this game would read a novelisation.

I'd buy it for sure! With me though it'd just sit on my shelf and never get read. No matter how bad I want to, nor no matter how hard I try, I just sit books down after an hour or so and I quit. I just become bored. The only books that have ever held my interest and I actually finished were the Hunger Games books. I sat and read Catching Fire for 15 hours straight and finished the book in 1 sitting. The book was THAT good and I just couldn't put it down.

Well, considering it's my favorite game and I love to read, hell yes! I'll read just about anything at least once, as long as it isn't written in present tense... I cannot get through that. I guess that's bad since reading/writing is supposed to be my profession, but whatever. I can't read stories that aren't told in past tense. That said, a book of this game? If it was in present tense, I'd suffer through it. It'd be worth it... unless they changed things or used a kiddy writing style. That would piss me off... but even so I'd buy it and give it a read.

Eh, I don't think I would ever read a Final Fantasy book that was fashioned after a game. I don't think I'd even read a Final Fantasy novel that "wasn't" a game either. I think Final Fantasy was meant for gaming. Sure Advent Children was good, and all, but I'd rather sit down and immerse myself into a 40 hour game where I can almost fill the role of the hero, instead of a 2 hour film, or a 400 page book. I'll stick to my memory of controller in hand, eyes glued to my box tv, and shutting the console off after a long few hours of trying to save the world for Final Fantasy IX and other FF games.

Yes, if and only if it was written in a way that kept the same emotional/humorous grip that the actual game had, along with the intensity and thrill. Although interests and desires are different among every individual; I would also enjoy if it incorporated the advancement (buying/equiping) of gear per character per locations reached, seeing as how that is my draw to rpg's in the first place. Must keep the same attraction to keep my attention.

Back