[1/11] Towns are huge in FFXV + information on warp points and battle modes.

Rey

♥Solo noi due insieme per sempre♥
Veteran
Gil
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
Terra
Yuna
FFXIV
Ellia Lombardia
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Square Enix have answered some questions from their December Q&A on the official forums. They expanded on towns such as Altissia, and also touched upon warp points and battle modes.

FFXV_01-11-16.jpg

How much of the big cities like Altissia/Insomnia will we be able to explore? (link)

Planner Ishikawa Tomonori: “I can tell everyone a little about Altissia at this time.

“Altissia has many and varied locations, such as multiple cafes, ship-bourne market places and parks etc. The city is of a considerable scale, to the extent that even the developers sometimes get lost there!

“The player is free to take a leisurely walk around the complex maze of streets, or ride the gondola to see the sights and there is also added enjoyment to be had looking for restaurants to visit!

“You are bound to encounter some unique characters when exploring the city streets.
“So we have created lots of different things to enjoy in Altissia and hope everyone is looking forward to visiting!”

Will large buildings have multiple warp points to allow Noctis to scale and explore rooftops? (link)

Lead Level Designer Terada Takefumi: “Why of course they will!

“The warp ability that lets you teleport instantly to high up locations is a vital part of Final Fantasy XV’s battle system. The ability to use multiple warp points in a strategic manner is especially prevalent in the game’s large scale battles over urban terrain. It is not just the buildings though, and we have also created exciting aerial battles with flying foes and gigantic boss enemies, so watch out for those.”

How will the difficulty modes compare in terms of XP gain, enemy states, damage, and A.I.? (link)

Lead Game Designer Takizawa Masashi: “The equivalent to difficulty level settings in Final Fantasy XV is a system where you can switch between different battle modes. By having this ability to switch modes, we want to make it so that both players who like action oriented, technical gameplay and also those who want to fight at a slower, more relaxed pace can all enjoy the combat in their own style. This switching system is a key part of the gameplay that we decided to introduce based on the feedback we received from the Episode Duscae demo. We will go into more detail about the system closer to the game’s launch so stay tuned for more information.”

Source: Gematsu

Yes, this information is small but it lets us anticipate the ATR at the end of the month. I am glad they cleared up town exploration for one, because Altissia is gigantic according to this information. Just imagine exploring all these big cities and enjoying the scenery, ah it will definitely be one of my favourite pass times. I am a huge fan of big towns in RPG games like in Witcher 3; therefore, this information is beneficial, in my opinion. However, I think the best part of this information is the fact we may fight Bahamut in the sky! Exciting aerial battles can only mean one thing, and that is a Bahamut boss battle.

The last question was not answered that well but right now it looks likely that the game will feature difficulty modes, at least.

T6H58v8.jpg
Seeing stuff like the above photo is going to be amazing imo. Altissia looks large without a doubt, and I am glad there are going to be some individuals worth seeking out. Yea, Eraezr's question was vaguely answered. Beyond the two different types of game modes, we still don't know about the difficulty in itself. I am hoping that gets cleared up in the next ATR, which probably won't be until the end of the month. An aerial Bahumut fight sounds epic to me. It does seem to fit in line with the epicness we should be able to expect from Titan and Leviathan from their own respective trailers.

Back