Anyone buying the updated Steam version?

D00MTRAIN

ShinRa Guard
Gil
I hear it's coming out "early 2016". Well, at least that's what it says on the Steam Store page. I hope it supports 16:9, 1920x1080. Now I can simultaneously play 6,7,8 and 9 at the same time. I wonder if anyone will create some crazy mods for the game later on.

IX is my absolute favorite so it's already on my wishlist. I'll be picking it up the day it comes out. That way I won't have to drag out the ps2 and find my disks every time I want to play my favorite game! And it'll be a little less rough around the graphical edges.

How is the game remastered? As for graphics, I don't think that really matters to me much because I have a setting on my PlayStation emulator (derp, I own the game) to already manipulate the visuals.

If there's a redone soundtrack, however, that could convince me to spend the money.

I think they added some remastered CGI scenes as well as an improved battle system. It'll be a great buy, I'm hoping they fixed some of the glitches I faced like Freya's jump command. She'd float up there for a 20 minutes battle without a single move.

I'm hoping for a PS4 release (even if it's just a port of the steam version). If one doesn't come out, I'll just stick with the PS1 version on PSN and be very happy with that.

I might. I mean i've played the game so many times that I dont really need to and I know they'll probably mess up the soundtrack like the have done with the others. For me it really depends on the achievements. If they are too easy I probably wont bother. It might incentivise me to finally do an Excalibur 2 run.

I might. I mean i've played the game so many times that I dont really need to and I know they'll probably mess up the soundtrack like the have done with the others. For me it really depends on the achievements. If they are too easy I probably wont bother. It might incentivise me to finally do an Excalibur 2 run.

They only messed up the soundtracks on the other two games because they nabbed the old PC versions' OSTs and didn't update them mind. FF9 can't have that problem 'cause there was never an old PC version :).

They only messed up the soundtracks on the other two games because they nabbed the old PC versions' OSTs and didn't update them mind. FF9 can't have that problem 'cause there was never an old PC version :).

Dont challenge them to fuck it up Greeny, they'll do it!

I may buy the updated version, I'm not sure. I'll just play the disk copy if I ever get the urge to play the game. I have too many games that are gonna be on my plate and I dont see that slowing down any time soon.

hells yeah! :) I've only played a small part of this game at my friends house back in the good old days (I didn't have a playstation at the time). Now I can finally get my chance to have a full playthrough :)

I'm definitely going to pick it up ASAP. This game is my favorite and I'm fairly confident they won't mess it up; after all the remaster of X/X-2 wasn't ruined (though I hear some people have freaked about Tidus' eyes and hair in that one?). Anyway, I'm assuming based on the video and screenshots on the Steam page that they aren't messing up the character designs or the soundtrack; it looks very promising and I am very hyped about it. I cannot wait to have this game available for my laptop so I can play it any time I'm say, visiting relatives and get bored and the PS2/3 is at home with the game disks. :bobbycorwen:

Has anyone heard anything about the release? Steam-site still says just "Early 2016". Tried google it gives me nothing.

Has anyone heard anything about the release? Steam-site still says just "Early 2016". Tried google it gives me nothing.

I would imagine SE Port might be a painful process on this one. Even though it was still on the early 2016 list I could see it hitting in Q2 instead of Q1. Though we still have until March, so maybe we'll get an update.

For now still stays Early 2016 everywhere I look.

Back