Chocobo Egg
Terra
Yuna
FFXIV
Ellia Lombardia
FFXIV Server
Lamia
New-Years-FF15-Message-600x338.jpg

On the official Square Enix blog, Hajime Tabata wrote a New Year message about Final Fantasy XV's final release window.

Happy New Year!

We will finally release FFXV this year, in 2016! In development, previous phases required wisdom and strength. However, moving forward the final phase will focus on effort and willpower.

I vow to you all that every member in the team will do their best to the very last possible moment taking responsibility and pride in their craft.
We will do everything we can do to finish FFXV to create an experience we are incredibly proud of and one that you will enjoy and treasure.
The whole FFXV team appreciates all of the support from each and everyone one of you this past year.
I cannot tell you how much it means to all of us.

We’d like to celebrate a wonderful New Year and as we approach the release of FFXV, I’d like to enjoy that moment with you all.

Director of FFXV Hajime Tabata

Source: Square Enix Blog

All I have to say is it is about damn time! 10 years we have been keeping up with this game's interations.

This is old news and you know it.

Edit: you said 10 years we have been keeping up with this game. we?

Are you including yourself after admitting that you never got invested in ffv13/15 until 2013.

This is old news and you know it.

Edit: you said 10 years we have been keeping up with this game. we?

Are you including yourself after admitting that you never got invested in ffv13/15 until 2013.

It is TECHNICALLY old news, but it was never set in stone, therefore now it is new news. At least now, they have no excuse to delay it until 2017 and that is what this message is. I know you are not buying the game, but this is new news for us because all we were going by was word by SE that was not official. Getting invested and following info is not the same thing. I can look at info and not care about it. The word “we” includes I and the people that were following it together, yes. We were most excited for it and not FF XIII. If you think it isn't new news then why have major news sites reported it? I just don't post any news, and certainly not a stupid screenshot of monster design philosophy, lol.

This is old news

I don't think much else has to be said. They already promised a 2016 release and they're announcing a release date in March, so for their sake, there better not be a delay, unless they wish to swim through an ocean of treacle made up of fan and internet backlash for flouting that very legitimate expectation they themselves have set up.

...unless you're Atlus. You can promise Persona 5 for the end of 2015 over and over again, announce at least a six-month delay and still have fans easily forgive them.

It is TECHNICALLY old news, but it was never set in stone, therefore now it is new news. At least now, they have no excuse to delay it until 2017 and that is what this message is. I know you are not buying the game, but this is new news for us because all we were going by was word by SE that was not official. Getting invested and following info is not the same thing. I can look at info and not care about it. The word “we” includes I and the people that were following it together, yes. We were most excited for it and not FF XIII. If you think it isn't new news then why have major news sites reported it? I just don't post any news, and certainly not a stupid screenshot of monster design philosophy, lol.

Lunafreya, they promised that we wouldn't have to wait until 2017 to get the game but 2015 was too early. Right there was confirmation of 2016. Just because they never said 2016. Its nothing new l. News sites reveal the same information all the time. You clearly haven't followed this series close enough because you would've known this by now.

Followed actually does equal to invested in if one is saying "about damn time!" This game has been in development for 3 years, not 10. The one we wanted is no longer available.

I don't think much else has to be said. They already promised a 2016 release and they're announcing a release date in March, so for their sake, there better not be a delay, unless they wish to swim through an ocean of treacle made up of fan and internet backlash for flouting that very legitimate expectation they themselves have set up.

...unless you're Atlus. You can promise Persona 5 for the end of 2015 over and over again, announce at least a six-month delay and still have fans easily forgive them.

I agree on this. But at the same time, the reason they are so easy to forgive is that most people don't expect more info.

Working on 2 other games. And how FE x SMT is having more hype than Persona 5. Its understandable. I don't agree with it completely, but I understand.

Thank you Adri for giving us this news. It is very kind and generous of you. I can't wait to finally get to play FF15 this year and prove the haters wrong (even if it should be turn-based as a proper JRPG is).

Thank you Adri for giving us this news. It is very kind and generous of you.
Passive aggressive, devil's advocate.

I can't wait to finally get to play FF15 this year and prove the haters wrong (even if it should be turn-based as a proper JRPG is).

A lot of JRPGs are action based. Kingdom Hearts, Drakengard, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, etc.

What exactly will you prove the haters wrong? What exactly do you think "haters" have against FF15 that needs to be proven wrong?

Haters will always be the underdog unless universally panned. there could be a 45% of haters out there, and that would be deemed a positive succsssful game. Example: Final Fantasy XIII.

The very system people hated FF13 for is what FF15 fans rely. I can't iterate this enough, i could not have been more exited for FF15 than anyone else....i think because i hate it now, it shows that i loved it more than everyone here combined. FF15 before was my "sanctuary", it was my "this game is horrendous, but at least SE has FFv13 to give me.

Passive aggressive, devil's advocate.

A lot of JRPGs are action based. Kingdom Hearts, Drakengard, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, etc.

What exactly will you prove the haters wrong? What exactly do you think "haters" have against FF15 that needs to be proven wrong?

Haters will always be the underdog unless universally panned. there could be a 45% of haters out there, and that would be deemed a positive succsssful game. Example: Final Fantasy XIII.

The very system people hated FF13 for is what FF15 fans rely. I can't iterate this enough, i could not have been more exited for FF15 than anyone else....i think because i hate it now, it shows that i loved it more than everyone here combined. FF15 before was my "sanctuary", it was my "this game is horrendous, but at least SE has FFv13 to give me.

Passive aggressive is right. Adri is being generous and providing us with info, regardless of whether it was given before. No need to put him off providing info :p (don't take this offensively...I'm not awake enough to think my wording through properly).

While a lot of JRPGs are action-based, main series FF games aren't. They are always turn-based in some shape or form. They are actually the series that defines the turn-based JRPG, along with Dragon Quest, so to change it all is ridiculous.

Meh, the haters are complaining about everything to do with FF15. They did it before even knowing the game at all and will continue to do so showing the most ignorance. Not all haters, but most that I've encountered (randomly encountered??? Sorry...).

I feel your pain about being disappointed but I'd honestly try and give it a chance and at least rent and play for around 10 hours. You may surprise yourself and have something to enjoy :).

Passive aggressive is right. Adri is being generous and providing us with info, regardless of whether it was given before. No need to put him off providing info :p (don't take this offensively...I'm not awake enough to think my wording through properly).
Adir isn't being generous, he's just sharing her fanboyism.

In terms of "generous" its only generous to the dying forum.
While a lot of JRPGs are action-based, main series FF games aren't. They are always turn-based in some shape or form. They are actually the series that defines the turn-based JRPG, along with Dragon Quest, so to change it all is ridiculous.
Which now FF series wants to embrace more aciton RPG. i don't love it, but i don't hate it. There's less and less room for turnbase. IN fact, i think it could work better the reverse. main series use more action elements and spin offs use more turn base. but that's just me.
Meh, the haters are complaining about everything to do with FF15. They did it before even knowing the game at all and will continue to do so showing the most ignorance. Not all haters, but most that I've encountered (randomly encountered??? Sorry...).

I feel your pain about being disappointed but I'd honestly try and give it a chance and at least rent and play for around 10 hours. You may surprise yourself and have something to enjoy :).

There's a difference between knowing the game, and knowing where the game was heading. For FFv13 we didn't need to know the entire game to know where it was heading. FF15 however takes that all a way. We don't know the game as much as we did before, and we don't know where its heading. But it takes the appeal away.

I honestly don't think anyone has ever felt my pain with FFXV/Versus XIII. i've never been invested in an upcoming FF game before. Especially a main-title. Alot of the changes are done for aesthetics sake. Change for change's sake. I sure as hell know we didn't need to lose Stella. We didn't need to remove the mafia-design and replace it with this king who looks generic as heck.

i didn't want it to become a mainline title because that would mean chanign the integrity of the story. And we were assured it wasn't going to change. And then Square Enix tricks me and lies to me, saying "yep, we changed it".

It doesn't matter how much was going on in the background, Square Enix had every opportunity to share the information with all of us and warn us ahead of time of bigger changes. Now we have these teasers of Luna, and DAWN trailer, and all that.

i'm going to rent it. But only to try and give Luna that one chance every character deserves. But thats it....You see many people who hate on this game are not saying "this is not going to sell well" or "the graphics aren't that great" or "the enemies are poorly designed". Heck i bet they wont even say "the story is garbage or the characters are stupid". Although i do hear a little on the characters. What people forget is that those haters were once lovers, they were fans. They were the very people you said next to at E3 2013 in awe of the game.

And i honestly HATE THE FANS WITH AN F*ing PASSION! At least with FF13 fans, i don't need to go in circles with them. They see the line, they draw it right there. (except for ooze, who only wants to defend a game for its graphics). And its because they treat the haters with like pompous jerks. At first they think they're using logic, but in the end they don't care about the other people's points. When they want to defend the new vision they can't without making referencing to the old. And when there is something completely new that just wasn't treated with the right care, they ignore it. they run away. Or like Lunafreya here, will diss on the original vision for argument's sake. And that's what makes it worst. A fan with no integrity whatsoever to say "The original version was dumb because i didn't get enough info"

New fans have to now criticize the old design. That's the only way they can defend the new vision. And they criticize it for being unfinished, for being a concept. They don't criticize it's faults, its hang-ups, they indirectly criticize the company. Its like fans forgot what it meant to follow/invest time in a game.

SO i ask you: Do you truly feel my pain? Do anyone here can say with certainty say they are in my situation?

An ATR in January, then the March event with the release date. This is one of the few situations where time flying by has proven to be a benefit for me. I have to wonder how much different the combat aspect of the game is now in comparison to its Duscae version.

Back