Rinoa Heartilly
Squall Leonhart
Tifa Lockhart
Jenova
Moogle
Cactuar
tumblr_nzew6wzNn81qjdex2o1_540.png

Final Fantasy VII Remake part one scenario complete

The scenario of the first part to the Final Fantasy VII Remake is already complete, staff interviews in the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals.

As previously announced, Final Fantasy VII Remake is being broken up into parts as the density of the original game would not allow a remake to fit into a single release, according to Square Enix.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is in development for PlayStation 4.

Thanks, Famitsu.

Update 8:28 a.m.: Some additional tidbits have surfaced:

* They want add delver further into Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie.
* They have an idea about the number of installments that will be released, but they’re not at the stage where they can say anything.
* They’re not talking about online right now.
* The scenario of the first part up until its ending is already complete.
* They’re getting technological assistance from the Kingdom Hearts team with Unreal Engine 4, since they’ve been using it with Kingdom Hearts III.
* Cloud’s hallucination scenes will be more meaningful.
* As for the cast, they’re continuing plans with the voice actors from Advent Children, but there are some that still haven’t been offered yet. Red XIII only made a cameo appearance, so his voice is likely to be changed.
* Separate from Limit Breaks, there is another unique system. They can’t show it yet, but the it’ll be different depending on the player’s fighting style.
* Nothing has been decided about guarding yet.

Thanks, Hachima Kikou.

This basically means they got the overall idea where they want to go with it. Just because they didn't talk about the cross-dressing scene and saving Tifa doesn't mean that it isn't in part one.I'm curious what they are going to add to Jesse, Biggs and Wedge. They basically were part of Avalanche and died.... :hmmm: Maybe go into Jesse crushing on Cloud more.... Watch out Clarith and Clifa fans Clesse is making a scene!

And Versus XIII's scenario was complete over 5 years ago.

Not that I'm seriously suggesting in any way that we'll have to wait as long as we had to back in 2010 for Versus/FFXV, especially when having a very good, off-the-shelf engine with some expertise from an Osaka team that is actually now well-versed with the engine means there's no excuse for this to be in development hell, main scenarios are usually one of the earlier things that should be set in stone or at least a rough outline drawn up. Add to the fact that everything they're saying is vague, this doesn't say anything substantial about the actual developmental state of the project. I suppose it is fair to say that if they need to even mention this (when the established story scenario has existed since the mid-90s), it's another indication that they are seriously aiming for a considerable wealth of original content. Now it's a case of making that a reality.

Late 2017 release at the earliest, I reckon.

Their English is disappointing.

But overall I finally decided to just not be completely upset.

I'm still significantly upset. I still think this is a bad decision for SE. But Its just a few lemons I can deal with....to me it's like I never got the remake anyways since it's not a complete package.

Back