Chocobo Egg
Terra
Yuna
FFXIV
Ellia Lombardia
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Euro 2016

The draw happened earlier and we now have the final groups for Euro 2016 in France!

SbWjCzE.png

What are your predictions? Italy (my team) is in a rather straightforward group but considering our loss to Belgium in a friendly recently, I am rather afraid of them. They were a dark horse in the 2014 World cup and got rather far. I would like to see Croatia knock out Spain, possibly. Germany have a very easy group though, so I can see them going far again, but not to the finals.

My predictions are

Group A: France and Romania advance
Group B: England and Slovakia or Russia advance
Group C: Germany and Poland advance
Group D: Spain and Croatia advance
Group E: Italia and Belgium advance
Group F: Portugal and Austria/Hungary advance

Last edited:
Italy are Dreadful.

Ireland(North or Repub) will win because since the Republic of Ireland beat Germany we're technically the best in the world.

So... Belgium and Republic of Ireland for group E.

:|

I wasn't even aware that Northern Ireland has a team, let alone one that has got this far. When did that happen? Did they steal some people from across the border or something?

I think England and Wales can be very happy with that draw. Some horrible groups for the two irish teams. Would have been nice to see them handed nicer groups to maybe have one of them through to the last 16 but I cant see it happening.

My predictions

A: France & Switzerland
B: England & Wales
C: Germany & Poland
D: Spain & Turkey
E: Belgium & Italy
F: Portugal & Austria

D and F were the hardest to call for me - Other than who will win the group which is kinda a foregone conclusion - I honestly think any of the other 6 among the 2 groups could go through - although likely to get knocked out in the round of 16 if they face any group winner.

My predictions for the eventual winner are between France, Germany, Belgium and Spain; depending on who meets who and when - but if I had to go for a safe bet i'd pick Germany. Something tells me the French are going to have a great tournament though - the atmosphere might just drive them on.

/thread revive. I think France is going to take this game.

No real shocks yet. Other than perhaps the 2-0 scoreline of Italys win :trollface:

I think the top three teams of each group advance now that the tournament has expanded to 24 teams. England looked really good against Russia, some of the old problems surfacing but it was positive. I think it's too early to pick a winner; no one seems to want to score more than 2 goals.

England looked really good against Russia, some of the old problems surfacing but it was positive. I think it's too early to pick a winner; no one seems to want to score more than 2 goals.

England got robbed in that match. The fights between both nations after the game sure didn't help it. In my opinion, England played such a solid game against a terribly low Russian side and I do feel for them.

I think the top three teams of each group advance now that the tournament has expanded to 24 teams. England looked really good against Russia, some of the old problems surfacing but it was positive. I think it's too early to pick a winner; no one seems to want to score more than 2 goals.

The top 2 and the 4 best 3rd place teams - (points, then GD i think)

I didn't see the England game but that's just typical - we grind through when we play shit or we play good and bottle it. Either way, thats now 9 Euros in a row we havent won our opening game so it was kind of expected :grin:
Plus we've played the 'arguably' best team in the group. I really wanted Wales to go through with us but now I think we need to beat them or at least draw to have a chance.

Good result for Hungary just now. The tournament has started slowly but hopefully will pick up soon. I think France will win it.

England beat Wales 2-1 and a shocking victory from Norther Ireland over Ukraine 2-0. It has been a great Euro so far. I think Italy will beat Sweden tomorrow but either way, we are through to knockout if it is 0-0.

So we are through to knockout stage. I had such low confidence in our Italian side today though. We didn't have many good opportunities and the game really only opened up in the last 15 minutes. Sweden struggled with kicking the ball as well. I'm quite worried about the knockout stage. I need to see Italy go on the offense more and not defend 45+ minutes.

I called the Northern Ireland victory :wacky: - I dont think It was all that surprising!
Hopefully wales Draw v Russia and we beat Slovakia so we both go through and England top the group

Woe, absolutely fucking shameful behaviour by the Croatian fans. Excuse my language, but they threw flares and explosives and one of the Stewards even got hit in the face. They did this all when Croatia was up 2-1. I don't understand??? They really got shafted when Czech tied the game with a penalty. UEFA needs to ban these idiots.

Back