Final Fantasy VII Remake. Episodic? Good or Bad?

I also wounder if Square Enix will be making a Limited Edition or Special Edition for this game ? Bring like a statue of Cloud, CDs soundtracks, artwork book, etc.

I also wounder if Square Enix will be making a Limited Edition or Special Edition for this game ? Bring like a statue of Cloud, CDs soundtracks, artwork book, etc.
Yes that will take place. FFXV got one, and FFVII: Remake is pretty huge in itself. Who knows, if things turn out a certain way FFXV, KHIII, and FFVII:Remake could end up being the trinity three for Square in terms of solo play being worshiped for years to come.

Okay, let me explain this topic from my point of view. We all know that Final Fantasy VII remake will be a full-sized episodic game meaning that each episode is going to be as long as a regular PlayStation 4 game, which each episode will have around 30-40+ hours of gameplay. The reason why each part will be that long is because of the large environments that the game has. By this I mean the size of the World Map, the number of towns it has, the length of each cut scenes, the number of boss battles, the number of side quests available, etc. We have seen the speed of cloud running in Midgar from the gameplay trailer.

We have to think about how long it will take to walk to the next destination in the world map? Final Fantasy VII has a large world map and that along will take a few hours of the game. Now back to the episodic topic. People are asking, why make it as a episodic game? Well the answer to that is because it will sell out alot more that way.

This way Square Enix will gain more profits from it. As a business company you want to sell as much as you can and gain profits from the product.Those that makes sense to you? Since each episode will be a full-sized game, that means that each episode will cost $60 to the customers like a regular PlayStation 4 game would cost. This means that the full set will be a total of $180.

This is the part where alot of questions pops up. A few examples are, How long will it take for the next episode to be available? Will the items and the weapons be carried over to the next episode? Are each episode going to end in the same place as the original version? What are your thoughts?

This is the part where alot of questions pops up. A few examples are, How long will it take for the next episode to be available? Will the items and the weapons be carried over to the next episode? Are each episode going to end in the same place as the original version? What are your thoughts?

Well let me tell you now it's not going to be as fluid as a telltale series, thats for sure. I can honestly see 6 months between releases. A problem that springs to mind for me is; are people just going to get to the end of an episode and just grind the hell out of it? Like, through pure boredom waiting for the next episode they could be going through each side quest etc trying to find every little hidden secret and easter egg and by the time the next episode rolls around be overlevelled for the next episode?

Back