The Remake... Let's talk about REACTIONS...

Barkov

Gil
Let's talk about the reactions of people when they saw, for the first time, the remake trailer.

The most emotional Final Fantasy moment for me was when I finished for the first time, Final Fantasy 8. I was overjoyed and ecstatic.

However, even though FF8 is and was my fave, I understood completely the implications and significance of an FFVII remake. I knew, the moment I saw the remake trailer, that there will be many reactions videos.

How did you react when you saw for the first time, the remake trailer?

I was in the library then and wanted to shout joyfully, but it was a public place...

E3 announcement trailer:

"Booo. I didn't want a remake and I was so sure they wouldn't do one. Well that's resources being used up for something that could have been for a totally new game. Did you guys know I kind of prefer to see something new as opposed to something that is old but shinier? Besides, this is going to be typical Square Enix all over again. I bet it's barely even in production and this is a usual early announcement, prompting us to have to wait until 2020 at the earliest to see its release."

PSX trailer:

"Barret, why are you wearing shades here in Midgar? It's not exactly bright and sunny in the reactor zone. Man, someone give Cloud a cheeseburger. His arms could do with a bit more meat. Is that the combat? Well it definitely looks action-like and I know half the internet must be incensed right now. It looks a lot like Versus XIII though, with a main character hacking and slashing gun-wielding enemy troopers with a sword in the middle of a city environment at night...also directed by Tetsuya Nomura himself. Is this Final Fantasy Versus VII?!"

News that the remake will be in parts:

"Lolwut? This will go down well. Fans were expecting a single package for their money and you're cutting this up? How would flow and progression work, not to mention the structure and handling of the overworld?"

After a day or two:

"Ehh, you know what? Knock yourself out. If you guys feel this is the vision you want for this remake, by all means. If it's a quality remake(s) that isn't going to mysteriously cut out anything salient from the original game while ALSO adding in a few new twists and surprises (on the flipside, they will probably add Genesis and I will collapse on my knees and cry, because I don't need to be reminded of Crisis Core...) to make this feel fresh enough for veterans without being a pointless 1:1 retread of a game we're already familiar with, go right ahead. Who am I to tell you how to do a remake? I mean, besides my disdain for Genesis. Can you like, not include him, please?"

I'll probably enjoy it more than I did the original, based off the trailer. In regards to the game being put in parts, I'll wait to see how the execution of that goes. There isn't enough information to work with atm that has been made public.

My reaction was pretty moderate. Everything looked good, but it was all CGI. All it was is a teaser. I didn't see any characters.

I'm really not keen and wasn't right from the trailer. It looks pretty, sure, but they've changed stuff. 'Remake' to me suggests it should all be the same, gameplay and story-wise, with better graphics. But the trailer makes it obvious that some of the battle stuff's changed etc...
I just don't want them to change ANY of the storyline or gameplay and I know it's inevitable they will. So, I think I'll stick with the original, thank you...

I'm really not keen and wasn't right from the trailer. It looks pretty, sure, but they've changed stuff. 'Remake' to me suggests it should all be the same, gameplay and story-wise, with better graphics. But the trailer makes it obvious that some of the battle stuff's changed etc...
I just don't want them to change ANY of the storyline or gameplay and I know it's inevitable they will. So, I think I'll stick with the original, thank you...

isnt that what a re-master is though? I dunno. I understand how you feel cause on the one hand I don't want them to fuck it up but on the other hand; and they tie in all the relevant cool stuff from the FF7 extended universe and whatnot and improve the game and have new stuff to do; it'll be awesome playing through a familiar game in a new environment. The main thing I'm worried about is them including a completely radically different soundtrack and not staying faithful to the original masterpiece OST.

isnt that what a re-master is though? I dunno. I understand how you feel cause on the one hand I don't want them to fuck it up but on the other hand; and they tie in all the relevant cool stuff from the FF7 extended universe and whatnot and improve the game and have new stuff to do; it'll be awesome playing through a familiar game in a new environment. The main thing I'm worried about is them including a completely radically different soundtrack and not staying faithful to the original masterpiece OST.

Well I suppose so, but I didn't think they could have remastered it like they did with FFX. I liked that - better graphics, same game.
I'm not keen on them tying stuff from the FF7 universe in because I don't really like the spin-off games/storylines (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) so I really just want them to leave the gameplay and storyline alone.
I might play it out of curiosity but I'm not sure, depends if I've got time :wacky:

Well I suppose so, but I didn't think they could have remastered it like they did with FFX. I liked that - better graphics, same game.
I'm not keen on them tying stuff from the FF7 universe in because I don't really like the spin-off games/storylines (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) so I really just want them to leave the gameplay and storyline alone.
I might play it out of curiosity but I'm not sure, depends if I've got time :wacky:

Im sure you'll have a few hours in-between saving us from nuclear disasters :hmmm:.

I didn't really like the premise of Crisis Core or Dirge of Cerberus either if im honest, but what I mean is I think they will generally explain the core plot line in greater depth too. Maybe more flashbacks with Zack escaping the Shinra Mantion and his death etc.

Originally I was really against it moving away from the original battle system and being episodic.

From what I can see from the tech demo the new battle system seems kinda like Crisis Core but at the same time i've heard that it's kinda like the old FF7 system just more fluid in look and feel as the characters will be in a local environment and wont be standing there in a line and will be moving around instead - Could be wrong.

In regards to it being episodic I originally just thought it didn't fit the format of the game? The guys in the shoutbox were raising issues about multiple 'parts' somehow rendering a world map useless but I disagree. The different disks had world map limitations too (buggy, tiny bronco, submarine and airship etc). BUT - I think being episodic could potentially make a bad situation slightly better.

The apparent memory constrictions (which I find hard to believe in the first place) are being forgotten about if it becomes episodic. I imagine all the episodes will be downloaded for use with the CD? Not too sure how it will work but yeah. Also; it means we get it earlier than we would otherwise and the potential size of the game is increased!

More areas of towns and cities to visit - the one main gripe I had with Gaia was that there was so much nothingness. I understand the limitations of the development process at the time of original release but just thing back to how much of the world was un-inhabited and how small these towns were. Kalm - An inn, a shop and a pub pretty much. Fuck all else. And that was the same for most towns really. Would be nice to have those made bigger and stuff.

Im sure you'll have a few hours in-between saving us from nuclear disasters :hmmm:.

I didn't really like the premise of Crisis Core or Dirge of Cerberus either if im honest, but what I mean is I think they will generally explain the core plot line in greater depth too. Maybe more flashbacks with Zack escaping the Shinra Mantion and his death etc.

Originally I was really against it moving away from the original battle system and being episodic.

From what I can see from the tech demo the new battle system seems kinda like Crisis Core but at the same time i've heard that it's kinda like the old FF7 system just more fluid in look and feel as the characters will be in a local environment and wont be standing there in a line and will be moving around instead - Could be wrong.

In regards to it being episodic I originally just thought it didn't fit the format of the game? The guys in the shoutbox were raising issues about multiple 'parts' somehow rendering a world map useless but I disagree. The different disks had world map limitations too (buggy, tiny bronco, submarine and airship etc). BUT - I think being episodic could potentially make a bad situation slightly better.

The apparent memory constrictions (which I find hard to believe in the first place) are being forgotten about if it becomes episodic. I imagine all the episodes will be downloaded for use with the CD? Not too sure how it will work but yeah. Also; it means we get it earlier than we would otherwise and the potential size of the game is increased!

More areas of towns and cities to visit - the one main gripe I had with Gaia was that there was so much nothingness. I understand the limitations of the development process at the time of original release but just thing back to how much of the world was un-inhabited and how small these towns were. Kalm - An inn, a shop and a pub pretty much. Fuck all else. And that was the same for most towns really. Would be nice to have those made bigger and stuff.

Hahah :lew: we'll see. Final year of uni is brutal :wacky: also depends on when I get a PS4, haven't gone there yet, still have a big pile of PS3 game I've not played yet...

ANYWAY

I guess a few more flashbacks/cutscenes might be good. And more explorable bits in towns maybe - if they started making more locations I wouldn't be keen though but maybe more shops/people to talk to in the already-existing towns would be good.
I've not really heard about it being episodic but it sounds a little odd...
I think I'm just being sentimental :wacky: I enjoyed the game and I just really don't want them to ruin it!!
I agree the battle system does look like crisis core. And forgive me for again being sentimental... but my favourite battle systems in the FF series have always been in the games where they're standing in a line :mokken:

I just don't know :hmmm:

Back