PSX 2015: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE WILL BE A MULTI-PART SERIES

From a purely developmental and business standpoint, they certainly are making the (more) right decisions with the remake, as people will have to begrudgingly admit. CyberConnect 2 assistance, Unreal Engine 4 with excellent existing Japanese documentation and support meaning relatively quick progress can be made without being slowed down considerably by proprietary engine teething problems, multiple volumes to pad out a release schedule roadmap and maximise money gain from the whole project.

There is a difference between safe and right. There is also a difference between safe, right and smart. Is this the safest decision? Sure. Is it the smartest decision? From a business standpoint "maybe". Is this the "right" decision? Not at all. This is

If this is the right decision, why aren't other companies doing it? My guess is because Square Enix has a history of making something look amazing and then suddenly flopping.

@Lunafreya Nox Fleuret. Can you stop being an Squeenix kiss-ass for once and think for once? Honestly, if you like the decision, fine by me. But don't lash out at anyone who thinks this is wrong. Will you allow Squeenix to sell you season pass? Dlc that came out just a few weeks from the official release? Squeenix is making bad decisions. More and more people will be waiting for the complete edition. Whatever it takes to not have their joy be stunted by waiting for the next volume. Or feel like their getting ripped off through another volume.

The decision to make it into a multi part series is because they claim it will be too dense. Not because they want to release the game sooner. Hajine Tabata mentioned how it has become easier and easier to make open world games. So that's not a problem.

Also final fantasy XV was in a huge development hell. It never hit full production until 2011 and by that point the tech was outdated. The ambitions for more realistic FF had to be moved to next Gen in which is why Sqeenix was upset about Sony saying ps4 will release a few more years. So they probably didn't have a lot of time with ps4 software. and even then they wasted a year reworking the story in 2014. They spent basically 3 years on full development, one on a total recall.

Don't use ffxv as a reason why ffvii is the way it is. Ffxv is a result of Square wnix focusing too much on easy to make games just to stay afloat financially. There was no room for ffxv to ever hit full production.

There is where I have a problem with you. Nobody is kissing Square Enix's ass. I am not lashing out, I'm using common sense. Complete edition… I have no idea what you are talking about right now. They never said they would release it as a full part eventually. Ripped off, lolwut. I am not sure how this is a rip off when it is what the fans wanted all their lives. If I am kissing SE'S ass, so are others in the thread who are thinking normally. Claiming it is huge is actually a great reason for wanting to release the game sooner. With these parts, Square Enix can take advantage of fan feedback to alter their vision. For all you know, they want to do so much that is new, which makes the game impossible on one disc. I am not saying this project is on a grander scale than FFXV just yet, because we do not know what they truly mean by a multi-part series. FFXV is a HUGE REASON for why the game is like this. Versus never became organized in development and was only 25 percent complete by the time it became XV. SE has had TONS of angry fans because of the delays, and you think this grand scale project should be another XV. I will tell you what, I think FF VII remake will not be a fraud. It will be one disc on a damn timegate, because multiple discs simply will not work with the world map. One disc is enough and that is that. They can add content through updates to keep fans anticipated. FFXV is rivaling this remake. You can see Cloud go through small openings much like Noctis can, and the combat and darkness are clearly signs from FFXV. Not all of it is action but enough action to make it like Dissidia and FFXV. You look into things too much, Razberry, but there is no harm in debating with you unless you start calling me a kiss ass, which you did.

There is where I have a problem with you. Nobody is kissing Square Enix's ass.
Can you ever say anything without saying "Square enix worked so hard" or "Square enix is triyng". You associate Square enix as it trying to be friends. You literally paint Square Enix as a golden saint. You never once criticize them, and i'm not the only in this forum who thinks that way. And i know you are aware.

You rely on Square Enix for the most subjective of comments and go on a tangent with it. You never think for yourself against Square enix, you always rely on them. And when it comes to Square Enix making questionable decisions, without clarification whatsoever, this is the one and only time you actually use some creative thinking to support you.
I am not lashing out, I'm using common sense. Complete edition… I have no idea what you are talking about right now. They never said they would release it as a full part eventually. Ripped off, lolwut. I am not sure how this is a rip off when it is what the fans wanted all their lives.
What makes you think they wouldn't?

You used FFXV as your reasoning. That's not common sense. They never said they wouldn't release a full part eventually? they would have to.
If I am kissing SE'S ass, so are others in the thread who are thinking normally. Claiming it is huge is actually a great reason for wanting to release the game sooner. With these parts, Square Enix can take advantage of fan feedback to alter their vision. For all you know, they want to do so much that is new, which makes the game impossible on one disc. I am not saying this project is on a grander scale than FFXV just yet, because we do not know what they truly mean by a multi-part series.
and yet you act like they do. People on this thread haven't embraced it like you have. their on the fence. I'm worried, and i'm leaning towards the negative.

FFXV is a HUGE REASON for why the game is like this. Versus never became organized in development and was only 25 percent complete by the time it became XV. SE has had TONS of angry fans because of the delays, and you think this grand scale project should be another XV. I will tell you what, I think FF VII remake will not be a fraud.
Versus (alongside Type-0) were games that were pushed so deep into the background. Heck even games like birth by sleep didn't have enough focus. I remember when Type-0 hit full production, it took two years to complete it. Two fricken years. Versus again, was a problem with SE not giving it full production. it needed to regain the losses they had. They weren't making
It will be one disc on a damn timegate, because multiple discs simply will not work with the world map.
You don't know what the hell you're talking about here.
One disc is enough and that is that.
FF7 was multi disc, FF8 multi disc, ff9 multi disc, and even FF13 on xbox 360 was multi disc. FF7 being a multi part series being multi-disc isn't out of the question. Just because FF15 is taking the DLC approach, doesn't mean they wont also release a complete version of FFXV with all the DLC in it. ANd that is a very common thing that even Square Enix has done. They've sold Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs definitive editions with all the DLC.
Razberry, but there is no harm in debating with you unless you start calling me a kiss ass, which you did.
Then for once, stop hiding behind Square Enix as a shining beeming light, and look at things a little more objectively and practice. SHut the hell up about common sense. You don't know what common sense is. People have every reason to be upset or skeptical, or even angry about the situation. If square enix did something right, i wll all them out nad say "good job!". But they haven't. And when you try excruciatingly hard to make Square enix look good rather than objectively trying to look at the pros and cons.

Can you ever say anything without saying "Square enix worked so hard" or "Square enix is triyng". You associate Square enix as it trying to be friends. You literally paint Square Enix as a golden saint. You never once criticize them, and i'm not the only in this forum who thinks that way. And i know you are aware

You rely on Square Enix for the most subjective of comments and go on a tangent with it. You never think for yourself against Square enix, you always rely on them. And when it comes to Square Enix making questionable decisions, without clarification whatsoever, this is the one and only time you actually use some creative thinking to support you.
What makes you think they wouldn't?

You used FFXV as your reasoning. That's not common sense. They never said they wouldn't release a full part eventually? they would have to.
and yet you act like they do. People on this thread haven't embraced it like you have. their on the fence. I'm worried, and i'm leaning towards the negative.

FF7 was multi disc, FF8 multi disc, ff9 multi disc, and even FF13 on xbox 360 was multi disc. FF7 being a multi part series being multi-disc isn't out of the question. Just because FF15 is taking the DLC approach, doesn't mean they wont also release a complete version of FFXV with all the DLC in it. ANd that is a very common thing that even Square Enix has done. They've sold Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs definitive editions with all the DLC.
Then for once, stop hiding behind Square Enix as a shining beeming light, and look at things a little more objectively and practice. SHut the hell up about common sense. You don't know what common sense is. People have every reason to be upset or skeptical, or even angry about the situation. If square enix did something right, i wll all them out nad say "good job!". But they haven't. And when you try excruciatingly hard to make Square enix look good rather than objectively trying to look at the pros and cons.

I have no reason to criticize Square Enix at this very moment. I have criticized them in the past but right now, I feel that with XV they are doing a great job at making us wait for new information. Likewise, this FF VII multi part stuff doesn't bother me either. I have criticized Versus too many times in the past but now I respect what XV is and what anticipation there is for the game. Versus was dumb, we never got info and now XV is the opposite, making me wait in anticipation. I find it offensive that you are calling me a kiss ass when all I'm doing is speaking my mind and what I feel isn't an issue. Go look at some posts from years ago of mine. I even quit anticipating versus, along with many other of my friends.

Again, what has Square Enix done that has made me angry, that I should think deserves fury?
No, some have embraced it. Sure, people are on the fence but I liked what I saw, and this format does not bother me much.
I do not think you understood what I meant. You are talking about old gen when I am talking about stuff in this gen that takes up major disc space. Why is FFXV not on multiple discs? Square Enix is not bad. I think you need to look at EA, Activi$ion, etc.
Ultimately, I think you have this undying hatred for SE and try to nitpick at everything they do. You will buy FFXV and everyone knows it. Hell, you will even buy this remake because you’re on a FF forum like the rest of us.

I have no reason to criticize Square Enix at this very moment. I have criticized them in the past but right now, I feel that with XV they are doing a great job at making us wait for new information. Likewise, this FF VII multi part stuff doesn't bother me either. I have criticized Versus too many times in the past but now I respect what XV is and what anticipation there is for the game.

Versus was dumb, we never got info and now XV is the opposite, making me wait in anticipation. I find it offensive that you are calling me a kiss ass when all I'm doing is speaking my mind and what I feel isn't an issue. Go look at some posts from years ago of mine. I even quit anticipating versus, along with many other of my friends.
We had plenty of info. But agian (and you conveniently ignore this), FFversus wasn't in full production because of the obvious. Even FFXV fans recognize this. are you that daft?

There's actually a site dedicated to all the FFversusXIII info that we got. The problem was waiting for it. How is XV any better than Versus?

Are you seriously calling Versus dumb? And your biggest reason for that is because you didn't get enough info? Is that really the problem with Versus? YOu have nothing against Versus, and i'll you why:

Versus was an ambitious title, and everything XV is trying to be is because of Versus, but everything good that we know about XV is something already planned for Versus, and everything that has changed from the original design has not proven to be good or better (and that includes our precious Luna, Regis, and black is a special color).

when XV was announced, it was taking the same direction Versus already had. So essentially Versus "was" XV until 2014. the only difference was a planned series original design. And they changed their minds after. Resulting in not giving enough attention to Stella, and had to reinvent her into....this....

No, some have embraced it.
Some have come to terms, accepted it. But "embraced" it? No no no, when i run my mouth, i fully support the words that come out. when you do, you just say it just do it for the sake of countering. Embracing means fully on board, and already in belief that it will be good. There are many many things we dont know about it.
Sure, people are on the fence but I liked what I saw, and this format does not bother me much.
Did you actually see the multi-part series at its entirety? I'm sure all of us liked what we "saw". no one instantly liked what they heard. We have no idea what it will look like. FF7 was a 3-disc game.
I do not think you understood what I meant. You are talking about old gen when I am talking about stuff in this gen that takes up major disc space. Why is FFXV not on multiple discs? Square Enix is not bad. I think you need to look at EA, Activi$ion, etc.
FFXV's excuse isn't because they can't fit into one whole disc, its because they can't release it on time. Thats the only reason. they never brought up disc space.

Also, Activision is purely publisher, EA on the other hand, i also hate, but not at a personal level, i just hate them for their decisions. I dont buy many EA games. I also hate a bit on Ubisoft for constantly pushing for Assassin's creed.
Ultimately, I think you have this undying hatred for SE and try to nitpick at everything they do. You will buy FFXV and everyone knows it. Hell, you will even buy this remake because you’re on a FF forum like the rest of us.

I dont own Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2, or Lightning Returns. i don't own Theathrhythm, i dont even own Bravely Default. I have no intention of buying World of Final Fantasy or FF Explorers. I have never installed any of the social games FF games on my phone. I quickly uninstalled All the Bravest. i dont own Type-0 HD, even knowing full well there was an XV demo and that was even before i had reasons to hate XV.

I'm here because i still love the old FInal fantasy games, i still enjoy FF1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14 A realm reborn, tactics, Dissidia, and even other games that are related to FF series such as Mana, SaGa. and still like to talk about them when their relevant. I still have an opinion about FF as it stands now. They had me with FF7. i was literally saying to my friends "If i can't enjoy XV, i can at least buy FF7 Remake, and since its going pretty good in development, i wont be so attached". and then this happens. How am i suppose to embrace such news?

You seriously think i'm going to dish out $40 or more for a game? Money is no object. Why would i buy an incomplete game? Why??? I wouldn't even buy FFXV if it was on discount. And you can act all butthurt about it. Thats a fact. I don't buy games because i hate them.

Let's keep the discussion going normally, personal digs here and there aren't needed, guys.

So I've given myself some time to calm down and reflect on this news, before I was all like:

not-like-this.gif

But now I've managed to kid myself into thinking that this may actually be better for the remake. I've been reading some arguments and according to some SE will be able to include FF7 in it's entirety and then some rather than having to cut content in order to make it one game. Having it released in episodes essentially allows those who don't want to wait for the entire game to be developed to get their hands on it sooner. This seems to be the modern day equivalent of releasing it with multiple discs, much like how the original was shipped.

I realise I'm beginning to sound apologetic but I think we should take a step back here and wait for clarification before going bat shit. I hope this means there will still be a world map, airship and so on, but then again this is SE so don't be so sure they won't just strip it all down, make it linear and start some serious profiteering anyway.

I agree (lol, there, there, Tom).

However, I also think it's just too early to even form my own opinion. What are we basing these "episodic" games on? How do we know it will be shit? Talk about being judgemental. :lew: For all we know it may work out great as to how Square Enix might be doing it, OR, it could be disastrous. It may not be as bad as it seems, though.

The main thing I'm trying to keep in mind is: step back, and wait for clarification before going bat shit, like Tom said. We don't know anything. Hell, I'm sure even SE doesn't know what they're doing yet. This may just be to get a public reaction to exclude certain ideas they have.

IF you expect this game to be better than the original you're setting yourself up to be ridiculously disappointed here. It will fail on every aspect if you expect it to be better. Expect it to be different. That's the best you can do.

Calm down, people. :|

Let's keep the discussion going normally, personal digs here and there aren't needed, guys.

I agree (lol, there, there, Tom).

However, I also think it's just too early to even form my own opinion. What are we basing these "episodic" games on? How do we know it will be shit? Talk about being judgemental. :lew: For all we know it may work out great as to how Square Enix might be doing it, OR, it could be disastrous. It may not be as bad as it seems, though.

The main thing I'm trying to keep in mind is: step back, and wait for clarification before going bat shit, like Tom said. We don't know anything. Hell, I'm sure even SE doesn't know what they're doing yet. This may just be to get a public reaction to exclude certain ideas they have.

IF you expect this game to be better than the original you're setting yourself up to be ridiculously disappointed here. It will fail on every aspect if you expect it to be better. Expect it to be different. That's the best you can do.

This is something that could've clarified now. One of the important things to note is "how" it's going to be divided. And how many. I don't like the idea merely because it means waiting for each part.

We should be worried about how we will enjoy the game. I've thought about it. And it just means more micro transactions.

Idk why Lunafreya Nox Fleuret said it builds nostalgia.

This is something that could've clarified now. One of the important things to note is "how" it's going to be divided. And how many. I don't like the idea merely because it means waiting for each part.

We should be worried about how we will enjoy the game. I've thought about it. And it just means more micro transactions.

Idk why @Lunafreya Nox Fleuret said it builds nostalgia.

I agree about the waiting. I hope that whatever route they take we don't have to wait as long as we had to wait on this remake in the first place. :wacky:

FFXV is rivaling this remake. You can see Cloud go through small openings much like Noctis can,
SMBb.gif

I'm one of those people that didn't have a lasting impression with FFVII. Don't get me wrong, I felt the story was good, but I never went back and played it again. More than likely, I'll enjoy the Remake far more than the original.

SMBb.gif

I'm one of those people that didn't have a lasting impression with FFVII. Don't get me wrong, I felt the story was good, but I never went back and played it again. More than likely, I'll enjoy the Remake far more than the original.

I completely understand that. My point is that if people see this as a stand alone game they may enjoy it just as much as you would for example, as they should. But people holding standards are going to be disappointed. The people who hold on to FFVII being the best game ever (in their opinion) and then having the expectation that the remake should top it is really unrealistic.

I personally love FF VII, it's my favourite game. I just don't hold the "remake" to certain stands. We don't know anything, we'll have to see how it plays to have a valid point to make. Even as a hardcore FFVII fan myself, I think I'll enjoy this remake as well (if I can afford it!!) :lew:

So yeah, completely get your point. =]

I just want to say, that in any other game from any other company, it would be frowned upon even worst. If space is an issue, multi disc won't be a problem.

If it's because of long development time due to what happened with xv. Square enix has only themselves to blame for not pushing for versus sooner.

While my immediate reaction to this news was to groan and shake my head, on reflection (as other people have discussed) this isn’t all bad, and we don't know exactly how this will be divided.

It’ll be unfortunate in the sense that we’ll probably be parting with a lot more money in order to play the game in its entirety, and that we may have to wait a while between each section. It can be irritating and could potentially break the flow of the story’s progression. I mean, while the end of the very large Midgar chapter at the beginning of the game does seem like a logical place to put a break, I don’t think that many people will be enthusiastic about putting the story to bed for a year or so until they can play more of the game… I can imagine that S-E will lose a bit more of their audience with each new release.

I just hope that each game/section/episode is suitably long enough. There is little worse (in gaming terms, not real life issues, obviously) than an experience which is cruelly short (and expensive) and ends on a cliffhanger. Metaphorically speaking, FFVII fans will themselves be hanging on to cliffs with the trembling tips of their bleeding fingers, waiting for the next installment. If they are waiting for too long a time then their fingers will snap backwards and they will fall screaming into pit of madness and despair. It would be psychological torture and fans may be unintentionally re-enacting the scene of Cloud’s break-down in the Lifestream.

On the other hand this can also be a positive move in the long run (when expenses are ignored). Many fans are anxious about the content of the FFVII remake. People fear whether they will remove the lighter-hearted moments, the side-quests, character bonding scenes, and all sorts of exploratory content. We no longer expect games as long as the original FFVII on the PS4 within a single game. Games just aren’t that long, usually. We know that they may end up cutting a number of our favourite scenes from the remake of FFVII. With this in mind, the revelation that they are possibly expanding the game further and splitting it into different games would potentially make for an epic final product which includes the scenes we want (and more, potentially).

It also means that we don’t have to wait until our beards grow and turn grey, our ears start growing hairs (and so many hairs that we just give up on hiding them), and our eyes retreat into their sockets. If they release it steadily and frequently then we might just get to play this game before we grow old, wither away, and blow as dust in the wind. In death we find that were were merely sacrificial victims to the giant cash-cow that is FFVII, which bellows beautifully and lives forever and is glorious.

Overall this is a safe decision. But it's not the best one on the table. And you really have to look at this and imagine playing the game. Will we have restricted places? When we get to the next game, will it unlock more? Will this be multi disc? Or will we have to download the entire next volume? There are far too many downsides that aren't outweighing the goodm because most of what is considered good is actually just playing it safe from a business standpoint.

We had plenty of info. But agian (and you conveniently ignore this), FFversus wasn't in full production because of the obvious. Even FFXV fans recognize this. are you that daft?

There's actually a site dedicated to all the FFversusXIII info that we got. The problem was waiting for it. How is XV any better than Versus?

Are you seriously calling Versus dumb? And your biggest reason for that is because you didn't get enough info? Is that really the problem with Versus? YOu have nothing against Versus, and i'll you why:

Versus was an ambitious title, and everything XV is trying to be is because of Versus, but everything good that we know about XV is something already planned for Versus, and everything that has changed from the original design has not proven to be good or better (and that includes our precious Luna, Regis, and black is a special color).

when XV was announced, it was taking the same direction Versus already had. So essentially Versus "was" XV until 2014. the only difference was a planned series original design. And they changed their minds after. Resulting in not giving enough attention to Stella, and had to reinvent her into....this....

Some have come to terms, accepted it. But "embraced" it? No no no, when i run my mouth, i fully support the words that come out. when you do, you just say it just do it for the sake of countering. Embracing means fully on board, and already in belief that it will be good. There are many many things we dont know about it.
Did you actually see the multi-part series at its entirety? I'm sure all of us liked what we "saw". no one instantly liked what they heard. We have no idea what it will look like. FF7 was a 3-disc game.

FFXV's excuse isn't because they can't fit into one whole disc, its because they can't release it on time. Thats the only reason. they never brought up disc space.

Also, Activision is purely publisher, EA on the other hand, i also hate, but not at a personal level, i just hate them for their decisions. I dont buy many EA games. I also hate a bit on Ubisoft for constantly pushing for Assassin's creed.

I dont own Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2, or Lightning Returns. i don't own Theathrhythm, i dont even own Bravely Default. I have no intention of buying World of Final Fantasy or FF Explorers. I have never installed any of the social games FF games on my phone. I quickly uninstalled All the Bravest. i dont own Type-0 HD, even knowing full well there was an XV demo and that was even before i had reasons to hate XV.

I'm here because i still love the old FInal fantasy games, i still enjoy FF1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14 A realm reborn, tactics, Dissidia, and even other games that are related to FF series such as Mana, SaGa. and still like to talk about them when their relevant. I still have an opinion about FF as it stands now. They had me with FF7. i was literally saying to my friends "If i can't enjoy XV, i can at least buy FF7 Remake, and since its going pretty good in development, i wont be so attached". and then this happens. How am i suppose to embrace such news?

You seriously think i'm going to dish out $40 or more for a game? Money is no object. Why would i buy an incomplete game? Why??? I wouldn't even buy FFXV if it was on discount. And you can act all butthurt about it. Thats a fact. I don't buy games because i hate them.

I am going to be concrete as I possibly can here. I said I was not interested in Versus after MANY YEARS. I am not sure how that makes me daft. Yes, my reason for versus being a failure is the FAILED ANTICIPATION all these years. The project was hell and they gave info rarely. I am not dumb for thinking that and you are personally insulting me over my opinion, which If I have to remind you, you do not have to agree with. Are you going to say that about every person on this site that criticized the game? Good for you! I think the new direction in FFXV is better, sue me. I understand it was xv and I was not born yesterday! Versus was a very ambitious project but it ultimately failed to be in playable form. XV has shown much more improvement. I do believe some people have embraced it because having animosity against a dev team that is trying to bring back FFVII, is honestly childish. Kira/SIX said it best. If you even expected this to be a full remake, you may as well be kidding yourself.

I loved what I saw. I loved it so much that this news does not bother me. The sooner a part of the game is in my hands, the better. SE has a big team. They can fully manage to make this remake a dream come true, even in multiple parts. You want multiple discs like a sequel as opposed to one disc. Nobody is going to pay over 180 bucks for this remake in full. It will not work like that. That is fine if you do not own them. You are a fan of the concepts in versus and I FULLY EXPECT you to buy XV once they reveal enough on Luna so you can let go of Stella. You lost this argument the moment you started going ad hominem on me.

Enough said, really. She said it best. You people can't let your super high hopes affect the remake to be a 100 percent replica of the old game. It is almost 2016. Things will change and you are going to have to accept it if you want to play this remake. Do you hate it? Go play with the nostalgic polygons in the original. Fans like me are excited to see a fully voiced VII, Ps4 graphics and different approaches to story and gameplay.

I am going to be concrete as I possibly can here. I said I was not interested in Versus after MANY YEARS. I am not sure how that makes me daft. Yes, my reason for versus being a failure is the FAILED ANTICIPATION all these years. The project was hell and they gave info rarely. I am not dumb for thinking that and you are personally insulting me over my opinion, which If I have to remind you, you do not have to agree with. Are you going to say that about every person on this site that criticized the game? Good for you! I think the new direction in FFXV is better, sue me. I understand it was xv and I was not born yesterday! Versus was a very ambitious project but it ultimately failed to be in playable form. XV has shown much more improvement. I do believe some people have embraced it because having animosity against a dev team that is trying to bring back FFVII, is honestly childish. Kira/SIX said it best. If you even expected this to be a full remake, you may as well be kidding yourself.

I loved what I saw. I loved it so much that this news does not bother me. The sooner a part of the game is in my hands, the better. SE has a big team. They can fully manage to make this remake a dream come true, even in multiple parts. You want multiple discs like a sequel as opposed to one disc. Nobody is going to pay over 180 bucks for this remake in full. It will not work like that. That is fine if you do not own them. You are a fan of the concepts in versus and I FULLY EXPECT you to buy XV once they reveal enough on Luna so you can let go of Stella. You lost this argument the moment you started going ad hominem on me.

Enough said, really. She said it best. You people can't let your super high hopes affect the remake to be a 100 percent replica of the old game. It is almost 2016. Things will change and you are going to have to accept it if you want to play this remake. Do you hate it? Go play with the nostalgic polygons in the original. Fans like me are excited to see a fully voiced VII, Ps4 graphics and different approaches to story and gameplay.

Your argument with XV vs Versus Xiii Is ludicruous. The sole difference in your eyes is presentation.and information, and quite frankly. Nothing else. Now that XV is getting full production, you now are onboard. And that's it.

You sure act like you we're born yesterday. Like I said before and get this through your thick skull. Everything XV is, is because of Versus. Versus at it's core was a concept, with a story, and ideals.

When you talk crap about Versus and how amazing XV. You don't talk about how XV has better concepts, or better characters. The only one you like is Luna and even go as far as saying she'll be better. And this while you've recently admitted you don't know anything personally about this character, you are just going by what dev team says.

When you call versus dumb, you have nothing to back that up. I insult you because you give me reasons to. If you had a strong valid point as to why versus was dumb. Then I wouldn't insult you. I wouldn't agree, but I also wouldn't insult you.

There's an opinion, and there's a blunt, shallow, opinion with no forethought whatsoever. And people who say those things "deserve" to be insulted. VERSUS WAS XV. it was until 2014 that XV took a different direction. You can't insult Versus without insulting part of XV. Thats what makes your opinion so absurd.

Me? I know Square Enix is masters of illusion. Their trailers are always top notch but they never actually confirm the traits they had. Just like Ubisoft, their trailers are amazing but you never see what they show. Ive come to rely less and less on trailers. And XV is shining proof of misleading when you remove all the things the fans we're loving in the original Versus trailer.

What did the FF7 Remake trailer really confirm in terms of battle? They only showed the attacks being executed. We dont see Type-0 wasn't that great as a ps4 game. It works well as a psp title.
I liked what I saw, I didn't see enough. They didn't confirm how much ff7 will contain. First off although midgar is the only place we saw. We also have to consider the conditions.

Edit: you can expect anything. I rent games, and if the menu asks for DLC I don't buy it. I wait for the definitive, legendary, complete edition.

Tomb raider definitive edition, sleeping dogs definitive edition, oblivion game of the year edition, and Skyrim legendary edition, heck even with no signs of DLC, I still waited and bought Bioshock Infinite: The Complete Edition. I don't buy incomplete games. I never have, never will.

I insult you because you give me reasons to.

Let's make one thing quite clear: on these forums there is never a reason to insult anybody, certainly not publicly.

Let's keep in mind that we are discussing videogames and videogame companies, which yes we love dearly, but please maintain the proper perspective. A person's opinions on videogames and/or their creators does not warrant personal attacks of any kind and such abuses will not be allowed to continue. Points and counterpoints are fine, but keep your discussions civil. That's discussion, not debate--no one here is required to defend their position to anyone else's satisfaction.

If this thread cannot get back on track, it will be closed. Calm down, folks.

While the "episodic" approach upset me, I can't get over how absolutely sexy the gameplay is. That combat is so smooth, fluid, and just looks overall amazing. Despite my complaining over their approach with the game I'll still end up buying it. I'll still pour money into it.

Let's make one thing quite clear: on these forums there is never a reason to insult anybody, certainly not publicly.

Let's keep in mind that we are discussing videogames and videogame companies, which yes we love dearly, but please maintain the proper perspective. A person's opinions on videogames and/or their creators does not warrant personal attacks of any kind and such abuses will not be allowed to continue. Points and counterpoints are fine, but keep your discussions civil. That's discussion, not debate--no one here is required to defend their position to anyone else's satisfaction.

If this thread cannot get back on track, it will be closed. Calm down, folks.

Moo I'm sorry but there's no real point. I'm done talking to people who make blunt comments with no forethought whatsoever. I'm not going to let it slide anymore. If their an intellectual then say something intellectual. Say something worth saying.

Why are we getting worked up over this? It's been a few days, let's keep it cool. I heard the news, groaned a bit, then focused on the pros. I'm excited for the game. Until then, I"ll have FF7 (PS4) to keep me happy as I anticipate the new FF7 experience.

Although I don't really want them to drastically alter the original nor do I want the game to be heavily retconned I'm open to the possibility of some of the wider FFVII series being included in the remake. I suspect that's what they'll be planning to do and would only be possible in the episodic format they've taken on.

I haven't played anything in the FFVII series other than the original game but I'd be open to them including the epilogical content of Crisis Core either before the events of the original or even by expanding the Kalm flashback to include them. I realise Cloud tells it from his impaired perspective so there's some tinkering that would need to be done if they were to try something like that, but I think given how the original told it's convoluted story in a way that came across as hurried and shorn of clarifications they'll most likely be working on putting that right in the remake.

Back