Why I fear the remake of Final Fantasy 7.

I agree about the points that these contentious elements of their personalities are what makes them what they are. I have never wanted beige characters, not that I am saying that is bad but i've always wanted people with a richness to them, good sides and bad sides, stuff that is reflective of what we see in people in the real world. real fallable personalities. I don't want to see them dilluted or water down to make them incredibly neutral and inoffensive. that is a quick way to bore me and turn me off following the character development. perhaps we are worrying a bit too much and the wheels are already in motion on these points and being addressed as we speak. yea I suspect they have some smart people working on ways to get around this problem and its very likely they will find a way around the issue. I just have no idea how they are gonna do it, good thing I don't work at square then eh! heh.

Here is the thing unknown king, the reason we are worrying is because of what usually ends up happening...In the end the "almighty dollar" reigns supreme on every decision. In my opinion, (although this is a different topic entirely), the episodic structure of this game is a cash grab. They realize this game will sell, so why not make it sell more than once on the same hype. But more to the point, I have never seen things altered from the original without there being a loss, ESPECIALLY, when different people are adding their own views to it, or being pressured by ESRB. The first and usual course of action is to leave it out. Remember when FF6 was ported to GBA? And they took out the scene where Celes was punched by the guard in the prison cell? They also altered her words where she originally said she committed horrible sins while working with the empire, (in which to this day I wonder what she did). Square CAN AND WILL alter the game to make more money, they are a business and if they have to adjust the rating to sell more, they will. Some people are ok with a spin-off..others like me, want the story as magical as it was, the same and made BIGGER, not different. Time will tell.

Point 1 - Intro

Right off the bat, when you are destroying the reactor in Midgar at the beginning of the game, the first thoughts a young person typical thinks is good vs evil. However, the older I got, the more I realized that there was no way to sugar coat this. Avalanche was a group of terrorists that accepted innocent deaths are collateral damage. That is right. Tifa, Barret, and everyone involved are responsible for many innocent workers and neighboring civilians deaths. This immediate premise instantly tells you that this game is DARK.

However, here is the problem. I believe that in the re-make due to the amount of terrorism in the world, Avalanche will be portrayed as a team in which everything they do will be strictly in self-defense, and the iconic reactor scene will be turned into a Star Wars equivalent of the "Hon Solo Shot First" film edit. This can't happen as this very GREY aspect of the game is framework to the entire character development. There is a gossiping woman outside of final heaven bar in which tells the player that many innocent workers and civilians died because of Avalanche's attacks. This can not be changed, there is a reason I remember this after all of these years. Shock Value.

At the risk of sounding like a sympathiser (which I'm not for the record), Terrorism and terrorists in their narrower forms are politically loaded terms and certainly in today's world highly emotionally charged. Terrorism is defined in the OED as "the unofficial or unauthorised use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims." The word unauthorised implying one particular group has the right to define what violence is acceptable and what violence isn't simply by right of power.

In today's world only groups who upset the Government or Media are smeared as terrorists regardless of whether their actions are consistent with the very definition of Terrorism or not. By definition groups such as Greenpeace, PETA and Antifa have shown to have terrorists in their midst; members who are intent on assaulting or intimidating opponents and vandalising private property with the explicit intention of furthering their political goals, but no one calls these people terrorists because it's too strong a word in a post 9/11 world to refer to anyone who isn't supposed to be branded as an enemy of the state.

In the 90s people had a better grasp of what a "terrorist" actually was: a buzzword used to differentiate activists from enemies of the state, but these days having been fed an avalanche of disinformation and propaganda people can't tell the difference. The word terrorism immediately evokes implications of "evil", a purely subjective concept. A terrorist could well be someone with murderous inclinations and an unwarranted hatred for those of a certain belief but he only becomes a terrorist when the ruling elite decide to brand him so. The political angle isn't understood in today's world and SE will have to account for that. The word terrorist doesn't evoke the images it used to; of a fighter of any given belief or political orientation being opposed by the authorities but of an "evil" human being who is inherently wrong and is out to decimate everything "good" in the world. Take the so called "moderate" Syrian "rebels" as an example of terrorists who the elite don't intend to mark as enemies.

AVALANCHE are by definition a terrorist organisation in that they use unauthorised bombings of reactors to further their political aims, but the definition stops there. "Evil" and "wrong" are not a part of the definition, despite the insistence of our ruling masters who I for one am sure would never intentionally lie to us common folk to further their own political agendas.

Terrorism is defined the way it always was, but the goal posts have been moved in the West. SE will certainly account for this. Expect AVALANCHE to get even more of the Greenpeace treatment and a lot of cutscenes depicting blatant Shinra propaganda, falsities being spread and the impact of Shinra's lies being exposed to the player, in which AVALANCHE are being depicted as activists being wronged by the oppressive authorities rather than terrorists being rightfully hounded for their criminal activities.

Point 2 - The Little Things.

There are little things in this game that I remember as defining the reason why I am emotionally attached to this game. For example the scene when Aeris mother comes off the train and collapses in the middle of the street. Another is the scene where Aeris "non-blood" related mother Elmyra waits for her husband to come home from war after seeing all the couples re-united. I remember feeling a new level of sadness I had never felt at that age after seeing the train attendant shake his head to Elmyra that there was nobody left on the train while a haunting train whistle is heard in the background.

I agree with the small things. I said a while ago that I'd hate for content to be cut because they'd rather optimise areas of the game which don't need to be optimised, like being able to count the hairs on Red's body at the expense of a few cutscenes here or there.

Point 3 - The Character of Cait Sith and CID

a) Cait Sith was more than just a fat mog and a cat. I hear people saying all of the time that Cait Sith was a useless character. In reality, the character of Cait Sith was to allow a different perspective into the group by effectively adding a member of the Turks into your party. Cait Sith was responsibly for saying some very important dialog that I get the feeling will be looked over in the re-make due to treating him like a "Quina" type character, no offense to s/he". One of Cait Siths most memorable and story driven quotes when he says "How many people do you think died when you attacked the Shinra reactor, your actions aren't selfless". Cait Sith was a character almost acting as a nagging conscience to the group. Since the game will probably have the group being more "heroic and cliche", I believe his character will be downplayed to simply a dorky mog making a fool of himself the whole game.

I'll be surprised if they don't expand on Cait in the remake, looking back on it I get the impression his character's twist was supposed to make more of an impact on the player than it did. Evidently most people gleaned over it perhaps because it felt rushed and was pretty confusing when it was revealed.

b) CID, to say the least, was not very politically correct. The world has changed a lot since 1997, and society has become very very very...very liberal. For some reason, a wife beating, verbally and emotionally abusive man housing a woman in Stockholm syndrome is not going to fly with the feminist groups of today. Square realizes this, and I'm sure his character will be changed most likely only adding the "tea" line for the memories.

I think you're right about this which is a shame. Without the intention of downplaying what may or may not be perceived as domestic abuse relationships such as Cid and Shera's are far more commonplace than society likes to admit but sensitive types of today have a problem with dysfunction being portrayed in entertainment, as if it would inspire others to do the same rather than simply present characters having and dealing with problems your average player can relate to.

Point 4 - Community

The community appears to be focused on the wrong things. I am not speaking for everyone of course, but the majority of the things I hear regarding the remake revolve around the battle system, and Aeris. While these both are very important parts. Subtleties that made the game amazing, need to be kept and focused on. I believe petitions to square need to be made as heavy as the demand to start the development of the game, equal to keeping what made this game great, the same.

Point 5 - Scene with Dyne and the Golden Saucer, with all the shootings happening recently, I really really have the sinking feeling that this will be removed from the remake. There is also a character developing scene where upon reuniting with Barret in the Golden Saucer prison, he shoots a thug that was hiding behind a couch, that made no violent advance on the party. Barret simply kills him out of anger, or felt his party was threatened. The reason isn't told. However, moments later after Dyne commits suicide, Barret states that he doesn't deserve to hold Marlenne, and that his hands aren't any cleaner than the murderer Dyne. I wouldn't be surprised if the story of Dyne in the remake is kept strictly via character conversation and the entire portion of the story is not included due to the violent, suicidal, and depiction of Barrets "Anti-Hero" persona.

I could go on, but I won't. You all get the point. There are things I fear will be removed from the game, that are crucial to making Final Fantasy 7 the game we all love. While so many people are focused on making the battle system turn based, and if there is an ALT path to Aeris living or dying. The moments in between I feel will be lost, distorted, and rushed through and missed. If there is anything we as a community can do to bring these points up to Square. I'd be all for it. I better be wrong about all of this....but I just have this sinking sinking feeling..

Yeah, FFVII wasn't just about the famous, impactful scenes but rather hit all the right notes at the right times and had a great blend of character, art and sound to create what is widely considered to be one of the best games ever. For SE to succeed in recreating the impact the original had they'll need to recapture the small moments that make the big ones bigger.

Another major difference with today’s world is internet culture and the effect that this has on spreading ideas. There are a lot of what some would call social justice warriors. Identity politics is a big thing right now. I can imagine that certain youtubers and twitter-users may criticise the intentions of the FFVII creators if they see certain moments in high definition. Barret goes crazy and shoots a guy? That must be because he’s the only black guy in the party. Naughty Square-Enix. Cid is a misogynist and we are not allowed to depict undesirable traits in fictional characters anymore without making an explicit villain out of them. Naughty Square-Enix. The only party member to permanently die is a sweet, innocent female, reinforcing the patriarchy. Naughty Square-Enix. The internet might have some fun, or it might suffer a painful headache. Hopefully the discussions will be civil.

Another topic being discussed on other sites is how people's propensity these days to scan every piece of media for any excuse to bloviate at length about some perceived slight or inanity may result in SE being pressured to alter the design of FFVII's characters.

In this case there are some potentially offending articles being sounded out in the upcoming remake, with the size of Tifa's breasts supposed to be degrading to women because of their blatant sexual objectification. Obviously there's more to Tifa's character than her physique, but these people will have you believe a man's carnal reaction to the female form is primitive and something to be ashamed of. Luckily Japanese game developers take little notice of this nonsense and if FFXV's Cindy is any indication Tifa will get a design faithful to her original one.

Barret being the stereotypical angry black man looks to have been altered already, with his new incarnation seemingly far more composed in the trailer than his original self. The original Barret was a borderline psychopath, a man who lost his hand and saw fit to graft a gun arm in it's place. From the moment you're introduced to the game you're aware that you're working with someone that by most people's standards is unhinged. Barret's crimes and misdemeanours include unlawfully blowing up a reactor, multiple instances of recklessly discharging a firearm in a public space in fits of rage and browbeating passengers on public transport over the smallest of slights. He calms down later in the game but always wears a fixed, permanent frown which gives you the impression he might just relapse into his former behaviour at the drop of a hat. If the new Barret wears sunglasses throughout the game part of the character of the original Barret will be lost which is a shame because of the passion he showed. I wouldn't be surprised if he is toned down, he seems a more composed in the trailer which simply isn't the Barret we got to know in 1997.

The cast of FFVII is littered with the if-you-only-knew-him types which society holds up as everything wrong with the world. I hope SE has the balls to run with these characters the way they were.

Here is the thing unknown king, the reason we are worrying is because of what usually ends up happening...In the end the "almighty dollar" reigns supreme on every decision. In my opinion, (although this is a different topic entirely), the episodic structure of this game is a cash grab. They realize this game will sell, so why not make it sell more than once on the same hype.

There's no doubt SE will be looking to milk this cash cow but whether it's overpriced remains to be seen. Considering the promises being made it sounds like the remake could be massive and if it is surely SE are justified in charging a price reflective of their production costs and the quality of their product if it's good. If it's not then we'll be getting fleeced for sure.

Harle, hold that thought, who is that woman in your sig...good...LORD...anyway...I agree with your points you mentioned above in response to the OP. I watched the trailer as well, and barret has this whole blade cool as a cucumber thing going on...he talked in all caps before half the time..he's not supposed to be whispering..he is supposed to be beating his chest and making wedge tremble in his wake. BTW, after seeing how addorable jessie is now, I am going to miss her a lot more when she dies. I'm all in for a JESSIE LIVES alternate path after seeing how adorable she is.

Another topic being discussed on other sites is how people's propensity these days to scan every piece of media for any excuse to bloviate at length about some perceived slight or inanity may result in SE being pressured to alter the design of FFVII's characters.

In this case there are some potentially offending articles being sounded out in the upcoming remake, with the size of Tifa's breasts supposed to be degrading to women because of their blatant sexual objectification. Obviously there's more to Tifa's character than her physique, but these people will have you believe a man's carnal reaction to the female form is primitive and something to be ashamed of. Luckily Japanese game developers take little notice of this nonsense and if FFXV's Cindy is any indication Tifa will get a design faithful to her original one.

Barret being the stereotypical angry black man looks to have been altered already, with his new incarnation seemingly far more composed in the trailer than his original self. The original Barret was a borderline psychopath, a man who lost his hand and saw fit to graft a gun arm in it's place. From the moment you're introduced to the game you're aware that you're working with someone that by most people's standards is unhinged. Barret's crimes and misdemeanours include unlawfully blowing up a reactor, multiple instances of recklessly discharging a firearm in a public space in fits of rage and browbeating passengers on public transport over the smallest of slights. He calms down later in the game but always wears a fixed, permanent frown which gives you the impression he might just relapse into his former behaviour at the drop of a hat. If the new Barret wears sunglasses throughout the game part of the character of the original Barret will be lost which is a shame because of the passion he showed. I wouldn't be surprised if he is toned down, he seems a more composed in the trailer which simply isn't the Barret we got to know in 1997.

The cast of FFVII is littered with the if-you-only-knew-him types which society holds up as everything wrong with the world. I hope SE has the balls to run with these characters the way they were.

This is our Classic Barret:

Ff7-barret.png

This is our Remake Barret:
tumblr_nyx6y92xgs1u496xso1_500.jpg

Original Barret was an absolute monster of a man. Remake Barret does seem toned down compared to Original Barret but he still appears as more of a tough guy than he does in Advent Children (where he looks like a commercial rap artist). AC Barret is a completely different guy.

They seem to move Barret from one African-American archetype to another, and in some ways that can be seen as a little bit racist (though I don’t think it was intended to offend, and it isn’t an extreme issue in Barret’s case). Barret was designed to look a bit like Mr T, but with a modern mining town twist on a Western theme too. Advent Children Barret is like 50 Cent or some other rapper (I don’t follow rap to know many names). Remake Barret is almost a return to the action hero Barret of the original, however this time (as others have said) they’ve made him look a bit more like characters who are a bit more mysterious in their badassery such as Blade, as opposed to the in-your-face explosion of violence which the original Barret represented.

I guess we'll be a seeing a very different sort of Barret. Still a violent guy, but perhaps more subdued? Perhaps we'll hear more grunting than yelling swear words and curses.

Hopefully they keep an authentic Tifa…. That said the Advent Children Tifa did seem to have a significant reduction in breast size. I have a feeling that they might do the same thing for the Remake Tifa too. Certain types of feminist would complain either way though. Some may complain for keeping the breasts large (as that would be objectifying for male pleasure), and others may complain that breast reduction is removing Tifa’s femininity (as some people complained about the Reboot Lara Croft, apparently). Either way is a loss, and men are either drooling perverts or malicious overlords subtly trying to keep women in their subordinate places.

Meh. The internet will take it too far whatever S-E do.

Also… FFVII has some of the most ethnically diverse cast members of any Final Fantasy. Barret is styled as an African-American. Yuffie is Asian / Japanese-themed. Red XIII is a lion-wolf but is also sort of a Native American. Other (non-racial) minorities are also represented. Tifa, Aerith, and Yuffie are women (not that women are truly a minority, but are sometimes almost considered as such). Vincent is a Goth. Cait Sith/Reeve is almost a cosplayer/otaku.

So there is a bit of a dilemma here. Should people celebrate the diversity of the cast? Or should they criticise it for stereotypes? The internet might have fun, though it needn’t. I think that FFVII deals with things quite well on the whole. I'd imagine that you'd have to nitpick it to find personal offence, and in instances where things are deliberately rocking the boat I think people miss that representing characters acting in a certain way or holding certain viewpoints doesn't meant that the game creators or people who play the game also hold those beliefs.

This thread just gets more and more interesting, the character analysis you show above makes me realize one thing. When you are given a story as good as FF7, you stop focusing on things such as "stereotypes" and accept the characters as individuals. When I first played FF7, I knew who Mr. T was, yet I didn't think of him as that character. I was so involved in that story, I didn't think about racial diversity or any of that. I just accepted each character as who they were, like they were the most individual characters in the world. I personally cant stand the fact that his character keeps changing and it just tells me that art director allows his staff to change things for the sake of making a character appear more "interesting". If you want to create a new character, create a new story, and create a game with as much heart tearing emotion as this game. Don't piggyback on a proven product and distort it to make it seem like it is something new. It makes me livid that whenever something gets remade another graphic designer gets to throw his interpretations of the character into the pot. This is a "REMAKE" not a "RE-IMAGINING". On another topic, I am playing FF12 again, and I am in love with Fran's voice.

I was actually thinking about this thread earlier and kind of found a way to accept it if anything changes and what the OP said ends up to be true. I started thinking that a project as big as this requires tons of manpower and resources. If I was a Billionaire i'd be funding projects to remake the games the way I remember but the situation at hand here with this remake is different. SE is doing this ultimately to turn a profit and keep their company alive. Not as a tribute to FF7. They have to pay salaries, benefits, so on and so forth. Just like in the automotive industry, people were angry when emission control cut power to cars in the early 1970's. But it was a different world now, people demanded quieter, smaller, more fuel efficient cars. This unfortunately, is no different. Talk to the average run of the mill gamer, and show them a final fantasy game from yesteryear. 99% of them will be bored.."what is this wait bar", "this random battle system is annoying", "this story is taking too long", "this is depressing", people in this generation want to be entertained by a spoon.

Look how the WONDERFUL game of tomb raider was completely changed to that of an interactive movie. And when die hard tomb raider fans complained and said bring back the old style in "rise of the tomb raider", it was completely ignored. I read that a developer said that the old style of tomb raider was too slow and confusing for what the average casual gamer demands today. This is because game companies don't target a "niche" anymore, they target a complete demographic. More profitable.

So how have I accepted it? I have now completely accepted the fact that the product you expect is usually and almost always based off the generation in which it was made. Even though it is titled a "remake", as the post above says. It will actually be INDEED closer to a "RE-IMAGING". You want to know what SE is listening too? Not forums like these with a small amount of die-hard fans. But the millions of "dude-bro" gamer comments that say "Bruh, FF7 the game with that dude was the big sword right? They should have him do 100 hit devil may cry combos." They are the ones who are going to be funding this project. Not the purists like us.

To be completely honest, i'm not even going to buy this on release, I'm going to wait to hear from people like the OP or others who want an actual remake, if it is some spin off game making all the characters act different i'll just wait until the game is in the 5 dollar and under bin. Just like I did with FF13. Haha.

Why do people just use the manpower reasoning when it comes to games not meeting general standards?

I said the point about the remake needing a lot of manpower to reference the fact that with that many resources being invested into the project, that the result would HAVE to have the approval of the mass market. Why do you think that indie games are doing so well? The public got tired of these profit hungry companies that are too afraid to design something that doesn't look like a clone of whatever is popular. When you have more manpower into a project, the project manager has more pressure from the shareholders to guarantee a return of investment. AKA "THIS BETTER SELL WITH ALL THE MONEY THAT IS BEING PUT INTO THIS." For instance, Eidos when they made tomb raider was a small company, they pretty much did whatever they wanted in the first three games. The art was selfish, and it showed beautifully. The new games are like uncharted, just like most FPS are Call of Duty clones. No one wants to take the risk dumping tons of money into a project with tons of manpower invested only for it not to be accepted by the general public. That was my point above.

I said the point about the remake needing a lot of manpower to reference the fact that with that many resources being invested into the project, that the result would HAVE to have the approval of the mass market. Why do you think that indie games are doing so well? The public got tired of these profit hungry companies that are too afraid to design something that doesn't look like a clone of whatever is popular. When you have more manpower into a project, the project manager has more pressure from the shareholders to guarantee a return of investment. AKA "THIS BETTER SELL WITH ALL THE MONEY THAT IS BEING PUT INTO THIS." For instance, Eidos when they made tomb raider was a small company, they pretty much did whatever they wanted in the first three games. The art was selfish, and it showed beautifully. The new games are like uncharted, just like most FPS are Call of Duty clones. No one wants to take the risk dumping tons of money into a project with tons of manpower invested only for it not to be accepted by the general public. That was my point above.

Tomb Raider then vs now isn't that big of an issue. The first Tomb Raider was more of an introduction, but the others are on their own stand.

I do want to say FF7 however being multi=part seires is all greed. i don't believe for a second they need to do this. Not even if they need the money. What's stopping them from going to kickstarter?

You see FF7 is making the daring move to show how much greed thy can show off. Not how much they are willing to provide this with fans. And i don't doubt this is mostly CyberConnect2's idea.

Remaster =/= Remake It seems a good number of people get those mixed up quite often.

Have you ever played a remake that wasn't faithful to the original in both story and game play?

A remake is a remake. For example: ocarina f time was a remake. It was a faithful remake. But a remake nonetheless.

Another example: final fantasy III on new and on DS. Sure some new scene, a new mechanic to balance it out, and distinct names/personalities for the characters. But ultimately it is the same game play and same story.

A remaster is when they use all the original assets and enhance them. Rework them. And sometimes add additional elements.

Examples of this: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 / 2.5 HD ReMIX and Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster. These games use the original assets and enhance them.

Actually, OoT is more of an "Enhanced Port" than a remake. :monster:

Sure, they added in a few new things, but much of it was ported over from the original and enhanced. Even Nintendo labelled OoT 3D a remaster and not a remake. To be perfectly honest, I only got that game because it was nice being able to go portable with it and the fact that it would have been more expensive purchasing an N64 again to play the original. If it was just a console re-release, I wouldn't have been too bothered with it really.

And the same applies to the FFVII remake. The point in a remake is that it's actually being remade. From the ground up too, it seems. I'm willing to give it a go, and if it doesn't appeal to me then I've always got the original to go back to and I can just ignore the remake. It seems like there's a lot of changes with this, which I'm very interested in regardless of whether they work well or not. No sense in moaning about it because the world has much bigger issues than whether or not the FFVII remake turns out to be good or not. :D

Actually, OoT is more of an "Enhanced Port" than a remake. :monster:

Sure, they added in a few new things, but much of it was ported over from the original and enhanced. Even Nintendo labelled OoT 3D a remaster and not a remake. To be perfectly honest, I only got that game because it was nice being able to go portable with it and the fact that it would have been more expensive purchasing an N64 again to play the original. If it was just a console re-release, I wouldn't have been too bothered with it really.

And the same applies to the FFVII remake. The point in a remake is that it's actually being remade. From the ground up too, it seems. I'm willing to give it a go, and if it doesn't appeal to me then I've always got the original to go back to and I can just ignore the remake. It seems like there's a lot of changes with this, which I'm very interested in regardless of whether they work well or not. No sense in moaning about it because the world has much bigger issues than whether or not the FFVII remake turns out to be good or not. :D

Actually no. They've said the complete opposite. The developers said "it's a remake with the truest sense of the word" and another developer said "we made it from scratch" as in from the ground up.

The problem is why make a remake and then defeat the purpose of it. This isn't a remake of ff7 this is a real imagining. This is Sword of Mana to what ff adventure is.

Last edited:
A good example of a remake that was faithful to the original while adding new things is the Resident Evil Remake. And in my opinion it surpasses the original. So yeah, making a remake that is a successful combination of new and old is possible. And hey, It wasn't split into several "releases with a full games content each". Yeah yeah, RE was a much smaller game than FFVII. But I really don't see any justification for the split.
6 months ago like 90% of FF fans were extatic for the REMAKE, and now the majority of those fans are outraged, disgusted and disappointed. I personally have lost any interest in the remake I once had. SEs greed will end up costing them in the long run, when the majority of fans refuse to buy the FFVII REMAKE TETRALOGY, or whatever they're plotting.

I've got one reason.

Red XIII dressed as a human.

How in God's name are they going to do THAT.

I've got one reason.

Similarly - Cloud in drag.
How are they gonna make this legendary, tough lookin' guy wear a dress + wig + make up (???) + girly voice (???)
I swear if they take that out, what's even the point. :mokken:

Last edited:
I've got one reason.

Oh come on just use a little imagination. Half dog, half lion... well whatever he is... dressed a human will not be hard. They just got to use a little glam in this area. I hope they keep all the weird stuff like this. Just imagine how the slums of midgar are going to look. I assume they are going to make it look even more poverty stricken.

Didn't so many people WANT this game to be remade? I feel like since they announced the game all I hear is "they are going mess it up" I get that their will be changes to it and I feel like people are like "if they change that one minor detail of the game then it will be complete crap" is how I read most post. I mean the "episodic" thing has me a little worried, but until I hear fully how that is going work I will keep an open mind on it. Also I feel this is a remake that has to change a lot (not just graphics) from the original because...let even the FFVII fans admit it. Some parts of the story (thanks to translation) were kinda weird and confusing. Really let us just enjoy that it is actuaI lly getting remade...and if it does really suck.... you still have the original on... Steam... PS4...ps3...psp...vita..... probably forgetting it on another console...

Didn't so many people WANT this game to be remade? I feel like since they announced the game all I hear is "they are going mess it up" I get that their will be changes to it and I feel like people are like "if they change that one minor detail of the game then it will be complete crap" is how I read most post. I mean the "episodic" thing has me a little worried, but until I hear fully how that is going work I will keep an open mind on it. Also I feel this is a remake that has to change a lot (not just graphics) from the original because...let even the FFVII fans admit it. Some parts of the story (thanks to translation) were kinda weird and confusing. Really let us just enjoy that it is actuaI lly getting remade...and if it does really suck.... you still have the original on... Steam... PS4...ps3...psp...vita..... probably forgetting it on another console...

People DID want it remade. After it's announcement at E3 2015 people were super excited, with the exception of the vocal minority who always complain about something. Then half a year later SE reveals that they are basically planning to make us pay multiple times for the remake, because they think it's "too big for a single game". No matter how they do that, the story pacing will be all over the place. Which has sparked the mentality that SE isn't making this game out of respect or love for the original, but because they consider us suckers to be relieved of our money. A moment that first felt like an act of kindness to the fanbase turned into an act of greed in everyones eyes. THIS is the problem. Nitpicking about changing small details has been there since long before the remake was even announced. It's not new.

Also to those of you wondering; Cloud in drag has already been confirmed, so chill.

Back