FFXV theories.

Razberry Knight

Paladin
Veteran
Gil
I"ve been speaking with a few people from my line community, many are from NeoGaf, Mognet, Enix forum, and the official FF forums. One of the things noticed was the poor Marketting, ignoring fans on the real gritty questions and lack of attention.

So with that said, here are theories me and this community have found out:

Regis redesign:

The reason why King Regis was redesigned was to resemble closer to Ramuh. One of the many excuses of King Regis wardrobe (alongside his face) was that it was ceremonial, but screenshots show more and more that he was wearing that cloak over. The artwork shows King Regis holding Noctis, while holding a cane. Similar to how Ramuh wields a staff and also has a cloak. In Episode Duscae, when you summon Ramuh, you can see him pick up Noctis (and not the cast) before shooting the lightning down.

We also see hints that Luna has connections to Leviathan.

Luna dies:

this one is actually what most people are hoping for and not just because they hate her. This was done mostly by the creative writing group, but based on her promotion and large focus on brotherly love by the Male cast, Luna resembles strongly Aerith. Able to speak with the gods in similar way how Aerith can speak with the Planet. The romance relationship with Noctis and Luna has felt so forced, and unnatural. They have been promoted so separately, that some have led to believe she was designed to die.

This is also hope that the story is still sad as it was claimed to be.

There is no information to suggest these things are connected. It is exactly that, a theory. Ramuh picks up Noctis because he is the main character and has the bond with summons when you beat them in battle. On a completely random note, are you Nora Nightingale on the official FFXV forums? You people just sound so alike and have a similar writing style. Apologies if you are not.

As for Aerith and Luna, I do not see it. We know Luna will be a strong character with her own resolve. It could be possible anyone will die since the game will not be getting sequels. Tabata is treating it like an all-new FF game.

There is no information to suggest these things are connected. It is exactly that, a theory.Ramuh picks up Noctis because he is the main character and has the bond with summons when you beat them in battle.

maxresdefault.jpg

final-fantasy-xv-noctis-king-regis-concept-teaser-dawn-trailer-artwork-art-square.jpg

On a completely random note, are you Nora Nightingale on the official FFXV forums? You people just sound so alike and have a similar writing style. Apologies if you are not.
The first time i scoped out the forums, to see what you were talking about, and its a bunch of fans having fangasms about the game. The smallest complaints were based on things we knew were going to get fixed. However, in my Line community we do have someone named Nora_Darkness alongside my community i have people named Avia, and Vivi_09 and i say they definitely influenced my opinion about FFXV than any other fan. Gave me links to what they've said, and many other details. Vivi_09 has convinced me and others actually to not buy the game until we have absolutely no feelings for it, or until i like another FF game more than Versus XIII. And Nora_Darkness is actually the one who owns a copy of Episode Duscae, so s/he shares all the details of the demo. Avia is our main source for all links available. For example: Tetsuya Nomura denied that Stella was going to be a romantic figure for Noctis.

Also because we are mostly a community based on smartphones, and not a fullblown site, we tend to number our points so its easier to reply. I'm not sure though if Nora in my Line is the same in my community.
As for Aerith and Luna, I do not see it. We know Luna will be a strong character with her own resolve. It could be possible anyone will die since the game will not be getting sequels. Tabata is treating it like an all-new FF game.

Aerith was also a strong person. We actually discussed a lot about Luna based on her promotion in contrast to Stella's. Also, we have discussed about her promotion for a while.

maxresdefault.jpg

final-fantasy-xv-noctis-king-regis-concept-teaser-dawn-trailer-artwork-art-square.jpg

The first time i scoped out the forums, to see what you were talking about, and its a bunch of fans having fangasms about the game. The smallest complaints were based on things we knew were going to get fixed. However, in my Line community we do have someone named Nora_Darkness alongside my community i have people named Avia, and Vivi_09 and i say they definitely influenced my opinion about FFXV than any other fan. Gave me links to what they've said, and many other details. Vivi_09 has convinced me and others actually to not buy the game until we have absolutely no feelings for it, or until i like another FF game more than Versus XIII. And Nora_Darkness is actually the one who owns a copy of Episode Duscae, so s/he shares all the details of the demo. Avia is our main source for all links available. For example: Tetsuya Nomura denied that Stella was going to be a romantic figure for Noctis.

Also because we are mostly a community based on smartphones, and not a fullblown site, we tend to number our points so its easier to reply. I'm not sure though if Nora in my Line is the same in my community.

Aerith was also a strong person

I will admit the official forums are pretty uncivilized. Many people were banned lately including the person I mentioned. I am not sure why you had to provide a summary of these people when I just wanted you to say yes or no to my question. Well, the reason I asked if you were said person is because you write the exact same way as her, hate Luna like her, or rather don't give Luna a chance like her, and you also always ask people to be intelligent in their discussions of FF XV. Sorry, it was just a feeling. That person said she came from neogaf and other ff forums. I have asked if she is on here but the only response I got was that she's from neogaf and other ff forums. Anyway, we can put that to rest now.

As for Ramuh and Noctis, I am not sure what you are trying to convey here. That is grasping at some straws and all you are doing is putting two pictures side by side. Ramuh has always been associated as the thunder god in mythology, same with FF. His role may be important in this game, but he is not related to Regis at all. A father will hold his son when in danger and it is a normal thing. Regis feels very strongly for Noctis, and it is the central theme of the game.

On Aerith: She is strong, sure, but she also was killed halfway through the game. Luna is said to be a woman that is driven by her own thoughts, and that is mainly why I am a fan of her/excited for her role in the game. Aerith is not a great comparison, to be honest. Luna is different. I am talking like Luna may have her own burning resolve and even oppose Noctis if she has to.

There are some good people on the official forums and some make good points. I would check it out some more if you are interested.

I will admit the official forums are pretty uncivilized. Many people were banned lately including the person I mentioned. I am not sure why you had to provide a summary of these people when I just wanted you to say yes or no to my question. Well, the reason I asked if you were said person is because you write the exact same way as her, hate Luna like her, or rather don't give Luna a chance like her, and you also always ask people to be intelligent in their discussions of FF XV. Sorry, it was just a feeling. That person said she came from neogaf and other ff forums. I have asked if she is on here but the only response I got was that she's from neogaf and other ff forums. Anyway, we can put that to rest now.

It wouldn't surprise me if we are similar that if i ever joined, i would get banned. but i mentioned them out of sheer curiosity if you recognized any of these people. And asking if someone is intelligent is a general way of saying "what you are saying is sheer stupidity" without actually using the word.
As for Ramuh and Noctis, I am not sure what you are trying to convey here. That is grasping at some straws and all you are doing is putting two pictures side by side. Ramuh has always been associated as the thunder god in mythology, same with FF. His role may be important in this game, but he is not related to Regis at all. A father will hold his son when in danger and it is a normal thing. Regis feels very strongly for Noctis, and it is the central theme of the game.

I wouldn't call it grasping at straws compared to other theories about FFXV. especially when people have theorized that leviathan is connected to Luna. So if that theory is around the cloud, then i wouldn't say why this one in particular is grasping the straws, especially if there is a in-story reason why he looks the way he looks.
On Aerith: She is strong, sure, but she also was killed halfway through the game. Luna is said to be a woman that is driven by her own thoughts, and that is mainly why I am a fan of her/excited for her role in the game. Aerith is not a great comparison, to be honest. Luna is different. I am talking like Luna may have her own burning resolve and even oppose Noctis if she has to.

What do you imagine when you describe a character driven by her own thoughts as opposed to every other character in the FF series? Your description of Luna is no different from any other female character in Final Fantasy, or even any series where she is a heroine. We have had strong female characters, and we have had female characters driven by their own thoughts. Want to know who the first female character comes to mind? Lightning, Yuna, Beatrix, heck even Yuffie is someone who fits that description.

and Aerith who isn't driven by her own thoughts? Was her sacrifice created because she wasn't driven by her own thoughts? Lunafreya, you're talking out of your butt on this one. i can understand you don't agree with the theory, but its not like the theory is flawed.

There are some good people on the official forums and some make good points. I would check it out some more if you are interested.
If you're telling me the forum is uncivilized, i would get banned so hard on my first thread. I'm not someone who back down, and i am fully confrontational. and i mean that in the literal sense, i will "confront" anyone who wants to be passive aggressive with me.

Official forums are the worst. Because the moderators will protect the ones they deem fit.

I think your first theory is really interesting. Probably more clever than what will actually be in the game, but I like the idea. There is some evidence that it could happen, but I would think it'd have to follow that all the other summons are former humans too. Not sure if they'll go that route, but it certainly wouldn't be inconsistent with previous Final Fantasy lore.

For Luna...it's too early IMO. She may die, she may not. Considering how few female characters there are in the game, I'd expect her to live just for the sake of some female presence, but eh, who knows. We'll just have to wait and find out on that one.

What do you imagine when you describe a character driven by her own thoughts as opposed to every other character in the FF series? Your description of Luna is no different from any other female character in Final Fantasy, or even any series where she is a heroine. We have had strong female characters, and we have had female characters driven by their own thoughts. Want to know who the first female character comes to mind? Lightning, Yuna, Beatrix, heck even Yuffie is someone who fits that description.

and Aerith who isn't driven by her own thoughts? Was her sacrifice created because she wasn't driven by her own thoughts? Lunafreya, you're talking out of your butt on this one. i can understand you don't agree with the theory, but its not like the theory is flawed.

If you're telling me the forum is uncivilized, i would get banned so hard on my first thread. I'm not someone who back down, and i am fully confrontational. and i mean that in the literal sense, i will "confront" anyone who wants to be passive aggressive with me.

Official forums are the worst. Because the moderators will protect the ones they deem fit.

What makes Luna different? Hmm, that is a good question! Unfortunately, I am relying on Square Enix's quotes here; therefore, I am not so sure without seeing in game footage. I am more or less talking about how Tabata answered the fans. Many people were worried she would be a type of trope in JRPGS we have seen for years and years now. The way Tabata answered seemed like he was REASSURING fans she is a strong character. Given that she can communicate with the gods, I would assume she also would not hesitate to betray Gods or something if she feels it (but we do not need a repeat of FF XIII, honestly). Aerith sacrificed herself, yes but I am thinking of a different type of character here. I am under the impression Luna will not be one that sacrifices herself, or one that easily gets romantic with the main characters. She is her own character, and that is important for me in this game because it is "dark". You mention Lightning, but no that is not what I think Luna will be. Luna is not going to be a butch character that takes shit from nobody. I expect her to be a charismatic character that can make her own decisions and inspire people to believe in her. I guess it is a bit different from the characters you mentioned. Maybe a little similar to Yuna without the naivety she possesses during her pilgrimage, except Yuna does not really possess charismatic qualities until the end of the game where she betrays the final summoning tradition.

"Luna has been described as a strong-willed woman who talks about her hopes and dreams and acts on her own initiative. She acts courageous, and remains unfazed even when surrounded by soldiers with guns pointed at her, demonstrating her resolve as an Oracle, as she focuses on the future to come and tries to prevent the world from plunging into complete darkness.[SUP]"

[/SUP]Look at the quote above, for example. We have words such as hopes and dreams, and, she is acting on her own initiative. She is definitely going to be a different FF character. She will not be blinded by love like Yuna, or Serah, or other characters. Perhaps she will be like Terra (who I consider a strong FF female)

I realize that I am speculating here, so please spare me the negativity.

I realize that I am speculating here, so please spare me the negativity.
i'm not negative for speculation. But there's one thing to speculate and leave room for doubt and other idea, but its another thing to fully believe the word of the developers as god and go on a tangent based on a highly subjective description. Matomu Toriyama boasted about Lightning, not many people praised her. Many believed the hype.

You're going on a roller coaster when it comes to Lunafreya. At least when i mention Stella, we had cutscenes to match the description. Square Enix never confirmed that Luna would be unique or that she will be the most original character. Quite frankly what you describe is the same as Beatrix and Ashe. Two political characters who had their own resolve and lead their own battles. Heck, Ashe actually inspired people. That tends to happen when you're a political figure.

..................Didn't the OP make a thread months back about why he/she wouldn't be buying XV? Yeah I think so. Those thoughts seem to be the same as in the past, which is fine. Personally if I had no intention of buying a game, I wouldn't be making a 2nd thread about it. To each their own. Nora_ Nightingale sounds like a name I recall. A person who pretty much spewed negativity many times, and most of the time over the same things. The person had very few positive things to say about XV. The person liked to have the last word as well, which just kept stuff going. After not gaining ground with Cindy's appearance, Regis different design, and losing out on the whole Stella vs. Luna crap, the person started really reaching. when I'm talking about reaching, I am talking about really petty. The person literally started complaining about Noctis' running animation........-,-' The person also took a position that people should convince him/her of something, which was pointless because the person had already reached a conclusion. The OP is correct that he/she would get banned on the official forum. I will say though some of the members have provided some good criticism when it comes to the battle system. Alan_01987 has brought up some good points, that will hopefully get considered, such as the game feeling too auto-matted.

FinalxxSin I'm not here to talk about someone else I merely have theories to share. Yes, I did mention I will jot be buying ffxv. Mostly due to dlc and of course the game play experience. I've bought less and less ff games over the years. And Square enix has made it easier and easier to drop the entire series.

Still this thread is based on theories. Not talking about someone else.

Last edited:
Back