New to game

Sugarspice

Gil
I am a new player and find myself very confused as far as which zones I should be in and where to quest. I have managed to get three toons to level, 10, 13 and 14, but I don't see a comprehensive place to learn about new player issues, how to enhance my character, ect. and was hoping someone could direct me to a site that has information condensed with the MCNUBLET player in mind. My goal is end game raiding and I have played my last MMO (AOC) for seven years doing end game content, I lead a guild of 600 players and so I know I can get there from here, just would like as much information on how to get myself set up to be a great player in the game. Thank you for any input in advance!

Hi there, Sugarspice. First of all, welcome to FFF! o/

As for the bulk of your post, there are a lot of potential resources you can find on the internet. Websites such as Gamerescape for FFXIV and Youtube channels such as MrHappy's videos (if you don't mind how long-winded and verbose they can be) can be extremely helpful. I'd dig out more thorough links, but the night isn't quite young over here. There's also our own FFXIV section of the forum, where we as a little community will be more than happy to answer any questions you have. We're on Lamia server, if you're interested. :)

EDIT: I presume you're talking about FFXIV and not FFXI. If it happens to the latter, I do apologise. ^^

Hi there, Sugarspice. First of all, welcome to FFF! o/

EDIT: I presume you're talking about FFXIV and not FFXI. If it happens to the latter, I do apologise. ^^

Thank you, yes I just purchased FFXIV and the expansion. Thank you for the information, I will check those links

Hey! In addition to what Linnaete said, I think you should check these links out too. When I first started playing they were pretty much my only source of information and helped a lot!

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3bheg1/guide_to_catching_up_to_patch_30_heavensward/
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3evabr/guide_to_leveling/?

Those articles are a little outdated since we're on patch 3.1 now and things have changed (in regards to level 50+ hard dungeons), but for the most part they will help you start out. As for "enhancing" your character to get the most out of it, jobs and classes vary lot so you'd have to be a bit more specific if you want help there, if I'm understanding you correctly. :)

Last edited:
My advice would be from my experience when I restarted with FFF on Lamia a short while ago, stay focused on the Main Story of ARR get all that done as it trains you for most of what's to come, stay with a single job as building multiple at once can be a real chore, once you've opened up Heavensward then you can focus out as you have more access to weapons and gear.

All of the above info is a great resource I also used this alot during my initial run (http://uk.ign.com/wikis/ff14). It's not as indepth as the fan stuff but sometimes a more outside view helps, the Questlist was great for me. The guys here are always awesome and Linnaete is pretty much a walking library!! We will always answer what we can and the FF14 board has lots of useful stuff. Other than that enjoy the game and welcome to FFF!

Welcome to Final Fantasy Forum! We appreciate you on joining our community. Please feel free to post anything related to the series. Hope that you stay active and enjoy the forum. Any question feel free to ask the staff member.

Back