Suggestion Gil rewards for SoTW and etc.

rowe

Eternally Begrudged
Veteran
Gil
Seeing as the gil and commerce systems is (or has) gone through an overhaul, I'd like to suggest a small tweak regarding gil rewards for SoTW and the like.

There is the ability to allow those who vote to earn gil on a per vote basis, this way it'll cut out the "middle man" and be automatic instead of manual, saving those who run the competitions some time; voters will earn the gil as soon as they vote. (I realize it's probably not that much of an issue for them, but hey, if they don't have to worry about it? :lew:)

EDIT: And I realize this was all for naught now, as I just read Mits' update. -_- Anyway, maybe set the voting reward higher for those competitions. That's my new suggestion.

Thanks for thinking along, Rowe, we do appreciate it.

We've actually decided on making the rewards for the easier competitions like SOTW and GSC to be a bit lower, (SOTW used to be 100 for winners). With the new set-up that Mitsuki is working on these simple competitions will have to accommodate considering SOTW is a weekly competition, so just by entering, voting and winning you can earn something easily.

The 'points for votes' has been active since the beginning actually, but I don't think anyone really noticed. That's due to lack of information about vBActivity (e.g. how many points users attain for certain 'activities') but that has now been rectified. :) So for awhile there, people were getting double the Gil for voting in polls - automatically and manually.

I think 10 Gil for each poll votes seem fair to me. We don't wanna make it too high and undermine the winners of contests, but at the same time, the points for voting needed to be high enough because we do need the votes. Seriously, the struggle is real! So I think it's fairly reasonable at this point.

Back