Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
ffxv-atr-captures_09-o1u4d.jpg

"Oh, son. Apparently we really are making actual tangible progress with an end in sight."

Fresh from just announcing to fans on the Twitterverse that Moogles will indeed appear in Final Fantasy XV in a relatively light capacity, the official Twitter page for the game just disclosed something significant. It appears the game's development has passed the major milestone of the pre-beta phase after six months.

Development update! The pre-beta version of #FFXV is complete. For the past 6 months we have focused on crossing this line.
At [Tabata's] request PR and publicity has been relatively quiet recently to allow us to focus on finishing this stage of #FFXV development.

I'm no expert, but I believe the pre-beta stage is where all the critically important constituent elements of gameplay are finalised and implemented. To be finished with the pre-beta stage suggests that play-testing will soon be an imminent reality and that they have more or less nailed the salient foundations of gameplay that we may expect to see in the final product. Next up will presumably be whatever is lower down on the priorities agenda and the slow process of debugging and polishing up.

Going gold within 12 months might actually be the probable outcome, it seems. They have promised a 2016 release, after all...

Nova Crystallis

Wasn't the demo a beta though? Where they let it out into the public to find the bugs, heavily criticise and give feedback towards?

Whether I'm right or wrong, it's good that they're keeping us informed about the progress. Like you said: tangible progress :lew:.

Wasn't the demo a beta though? Where they let it out into the public to find the bugs, heavily criticise and give feedback towards?

Now that you mention it, I can't recall if they actually referred to it as a beta or not. Either way, I think the emphasis was always on 'demo'. Episode Duscae was a very limited glimpse of the final product with its own development branch. It kind of functioned as a public beta, but it makes sense to me to think of it as its own separate thing.

Now that you mention it, I can't recall if they actually referred to it as a beta or not. Either way, I think the emphasis was always on 'demo'. Episode Duscae was a very limited glimpse of the final product with its own development branch. It kind of functioned as a public beta, but it makes sense to me to think of it as its own separate thing.

I suppose :). I'd consider it a beta though considering they gave out questionnaires to the players and looked for feedback everywhere. I'm sure they said a few times things like: "we've taken your comments on board" (when referring to people who have played and complained about the demo). While it is a separate entity from what the game will be (I think), things like the battle system were tweaked for a 2nd demo version which is something that will be in the main game (maybe tweaked further).

Either way, keep us informed Linda! I need this info :/.

Looking forward to this! Hopefully your assumptions are correct, but I do believe myself that they are :)

wow, can't wait to see the reviews. Good for 'em to finish it in time

Back