Mog's Tent
Tifa Lockhart
FFXIV
Aerian Elcarus
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
So now I've done the HW main story at last I figured I'd see where I was vs my old Phoenix Character. I've actually made really good progress and will spend the next few days balancing a few levels out. This is purely for my own sanity not any real direct purpose. It will keep me sane while I farm for Law and such.

Gladiator (7 – 1)(-6), Pugilist (15 – 15), Marauder (15 – 1)(-14), Lancer (34 – 14)(-20), Archer (51 – 60)(+9), Rogue (1 – 3)(-2), Conjurer(34 - 30)(-4) Thaumaturge (4 – 3)(-1), Arcanist (15 – 10)(-5), Dark Knight (0 – 0), Machinist (0 – 30)(+), Astrologian (0 – 30)(+)

Carpenter (50 – 38)(-12), Blacksmith (45 – 24)(-21), Armourer (49 – 11)(-38), Goldsmith (31 – 22)(-11), Leatherworker (50 – 22)(-28), Weaver (32 – 21)(-11), Alchemist (24 – 10)(-14), Culinarian (30 – 11)(-19), Miner (33 – 29)(-4), Botany (20 – 24)(+4), Fishing (32 – 15)(-17)

The above is all I've done since coming to Lamia back in August, actually hard to believe that I've playing Final Fantasy XIV for a year now. The only other MMO I played this long is Star Trek Online and only cause I pretty much own the guild nowadays! So yea my plan moving forward will be to mix and match stats against my old character while I'm in a better position in some respects it would bug me if they didn't match or exceed in the long term.

Let's face it I'm never going to get Tank classes to 50 as I'm a shockingly bad Tank, nor am I going to end up with high level Healers (again I'm terrible) I would like to max a few more classes at some point between 3.1 and 3.2. Maybe Arcanist or Machinist we'll see as we go.

I also need to unlock a few bits and pieces and of course finish my Bard Quest Line (Again) for the last set of abilities there. Then it's farming Law and Eso for the gear to access Alexander. I still need to finish the Coil too.

Last edited:
How come you started over on Lamia instead of just transferring everything over? o:

Couldn't afford the transfer fee so just started from scratch. Plus I wanted to see how much I'd actually learnt from playing before. Was just me been me I thought the challenge would be fun.

Couldn't afford the transfer fee so just started from scratch. Plus I wanted to see how much I'd actually learnt from playing before. Was just me been me I thought the challenge would be fun.
:wacky:

Hmm you're gonna stick to DPS jobs? The queues alone would make me reconsider that! Haha. I can't speak for tanking as I just started levelling dark knight myself, but healing really isn't that difficult to get into. Sure when you make mistakes it's usually a wipe (sorry for the dungeon yesterday... hahaha) but it's probably the best job in terms of what you're able to do. So much more fun than plain ol' deeps. Though admittedly I'm kinda biased :p

Also completely unrelated but doesn't your Bard hotbar make it really difficult for you to play? I noticed it before. No idea how you do it!

In response to the Hotbar it's how I've set it up brought that in from Phoenix that I managed to do :P But no doesn't bother me really as I know where all the triggers are and it's locked to those during combat so I don't inadvertently try to summon a Chocobo during a boss fight (I have in the past done so) I have Windbite and Poison Bite on the same bar, and most of the Bard skills on the back one. PS4 player so it's just how I got used to doing it, my worst habbit is trying to fire off Mages Ballad when I'm wanted to reel of shots!

To be fair as is usual with me at some point I'm going to get bored enough to make myself learn another class, I have a friend who is supposedly going to come play FF14 so I will be running my healer for him to drop his DPS queues. But I may try Tanking again at some point, just so used to DPS it takes a while for me to get used to anything else.

If you endure the Arcanist grind up to 30, unlock Scholar and give it a shot. I'd love to see more people give that one a go and I can be on hand to give any useful pointers that I can't ordinarily do when you're playing Bow Mage. :D /totally no bias

In most content, Scholar should offer plenty of downtime where the fairy can do the brunt of the healing while you DPS. Of the three healers, it has the most damage dealing resources and the least MP management (though there is still some MP management and it's a little easier to be out of MP than it was prior to Heavensward). I've enjoyed it thoroughly ever since I switched from Summoner. It's probably the best healer job for standard high-level 4-man content and when used properly can beautifully help melt enemy mobs, especially in conjunction with a Warrior tank.

It's odd you should say this Linnaete as my alt on Pheonix was an Arcanist and I wasn't doing too bad with her, so in consideration I need to go to level 15 anyways for the WHM Quest but I may drop back to Arcanist afterward. I kind of like the whole idea of DPS/Healing as my primary is DPS but I would be learning healing too kind of.

But yea if I were to go any route it would most likely be Arcanist as I have kinda more experience with this than Thum though I do like the idea of getting Meteor :)

In response to the Hotbar it's how I've set it up brought that in from Phoenix that I managed to do :P But no doesn't bother me really as I know where all the triggers are and it's locked to those during combat so I don't inadvertently try to summon a Chocobo during a boss fight (I have in the past done so) I have Windbite and Poison Bite on the same bar, and most of the Bard skills on the back one. PS4 player so it's just how I got used to doing it, my worst habbit is trying to fire off Mages Ballad when I'm wanted to reel of shots!

To be fair as is usual with me at some point I'm going to get bored enough to make myself learn another class, I have a friend who is supposedly going to come play FF14 so I will be running my healer for him to drop his DPS queues. But I may try Tanking again at some point, just so used to DPS it takes a while for me to get used to anything else.
Haha. Well it's very much a preference thing, but I took a screenshot of my Bard hotbar anyway. This is on PS4 too, by the way. Not perfect by any means, but if you ever decide to clean it up a bit (and doing so helps with what you're able to do damage wise), maybe this will help. Otherwise just ignore my rambling :p

jo7VdK.png

Stuff like sprint, teleport, autoattack, and return don't need to be on the main bar. I have mine tucked away on the fourth! That secondary bar to the right is there so I can see cooldowns of abilities while on the first hotbar. Very very useful and I'm glad I started using it. Alsoooo you should also consider putting your WM abilities on your first bar because they're our most potent attacks and are used most often in level 60 content.

(WM really messed everything up for us... haha)

Yea WM slows us down so bad, I like pieces of that set up and others not so much, I've been contemplating dropping teleport and such onto my 3rd bar for a while now. Bring some of the other stuff I use regular to the front, or just move Mages Ballad the amount of times I hit that instead of what I'm aiming for is frustrating!

Back