Patch 3.1 Miscellany

Would you like to fight Titan in 1st person with VR?

• No, you degenerate! What an awful idea!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Linnaete

sus
Staff member
Editorial Staff
Veteran
Gil
Andre the Adamantoise
Chocobo Egg
Accessory (Head)
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
Translated details straight from the mouth of Yoshi-P on Patch 3.1 have popped up. I don't think it warrants an article of its own and I'm currently too shattered to put one together anyway.

Main Scenario

• The "Light" and "Darkness" in the patch title refers to three things : Firstly, it refers to the continuing struggle between man and Nidhogg's vengeful dragonkin. Secondly, it refers to the Void Ark's err...darkness, and in typical awkward translated Japanese fashion, something about the "bright adventures" you'll encounter on Diadem (the first set of floating exploration islands for this patch)
  • Starting from the 3.X series they want the players to be able to unlock Primal trials without having to progress through the story. Presumably this is for the benefit of the hyper-impatient people who are physically pained by having to trudge through story content, god forbid. However, Dungeons will still be included in the story.
  • About Krile's cat-eared hood, they still have many things to consider before implementing it as an equipment, such as how will it interact with Miqo'te's ears, and so on.
Ministrel Ballad: Thordan's Reign

• This will require extensive coordination to clear. There will be a host of gimmicks from 2.X EX Primals as well as mechanics rather similar to Second Coil's T9.

Void Ark

• In terms of difficulty, expect it to be like The World of Darkness.
  • Equipment rewards' item levels will be 'very useful for subjobs'. <--- presumably this means your other jobs if you want to gear them up. At first I thought I missed something important, because 'sub-job' means something very different in FFXI.
  • They learnt their lesson from Labyrinth of the Ancients' FATE requirements, so Void Ark will be very fast to unlock.
  • They are thinking about how to prevent players mass leaving in the middle of content (referring to how many Bards would get up and leave at WoD's 2nd boss, only aiming for the chestpiece), but it will be difficult. So I don't think they have a solution yet. I've an idea though. Just not let anyone roll for loot until the end. Sorted!

Four-man Dungeons

• You know the two new dungeons: Pharos Sirius HM and Saint Mocianne's Arboretum? The two of them will replace Everweep and Fractal in the Expert Roulette slot. This means once again the Expert Roulette will only throw you into one of two dungeons.
  • So what happens to Everweep and Fractal? They'll be in an entirely new roulette of their own, called the "Level 60 Dungeons Roulette".
  • High-level roulette will be renamed "Level 50 Dungeons".
  • The team performs final quality checks on Dungeons by playing roles they're not accustomed to, "leading to situations like DPSes that only cares about their DPS, Tanks panicking because of that, casual healers, etc." <--- not sure what "DPSes that only cares about their DPS" and tanks "panicking because of that" means, but okay!
  • Regarding a hard four-man dungeons, it will be hard to implement as the burden on healer will be intensive. However, Yoshida wants to implement it, if just once. <--- well that's only if your definition of hard is to make everything hit extra hard, which doesn't necessarily mean it's an ideal kind of hard. My idea of hard is maybe pre-nerf Steps of Faith where players are taken out of their tank-and-spank comfort zones and doing something tangibly different where some coordination is required.

Airship Exploration

• IL179 minimum. <--- oh sod off
  • If you have a high-ranked Airship, it'll be relatively easy to unlock Hard.
  • If you go from Ishgard instead, you will need to pay 700 gil per person. You will also be matched into a party of 1 tank, 2 healers and 5 DPS. (no restriction for premade full parties).
  • Drop rate for Aetherial i210 equipment : hunting continuously for 90 minutes straight will probably yield a few.
  • Difficulty only affects enemy's strength and drop rate.
  • You can obtain Grade V from the new crafted equipments requiring Diadem mats.
  • Next update scheduled at 3.3. 3.2 will focus on adjusting current content.

Gold Saucer

• The afro hairstyle is from the Gold Saucer. You will need to exchange MGP for it.

Vanu Vanu Beast Tribe Quests

• The coveted Vanu Vanu dance can be obtained from one of its quests.
  • Naturally, there are new dyes to purchase.

Level 50 Dungeons

• You'll gain more EXP for dungeons that take longer to finish (note: Brayflox HM will likely yield barely any EXP then!)

Alexander

• Half the current playerbase have cleared Alexander Normal as of late October. Lucky for them, because I still haven't set foot in the bloody place...
  • Savage clear numbers are lower than expected. Gee...it's almost as if they ridiculously overtuned A3S and A4S that countless statics have collapsed, with mass migrations of prospective raiders to Gilgamesh server just for some chance of finding a static among many!
  • They will keep an eye on clear numbers and if needed perform adjustments for Savage on 3.15.
  • For the next Alexander on 3.2, it'll probably not use the same Normal/Savage division.
  • Yoshida ideally want to implement Easy/Medium/Savage three- tiered difficulties, but on the other hand they are lacking the staff to implement that much. Oh yes, they're an understaffed team. Despite the success of the game, it doesn't seem like their numbers have changed much since the very early 2.0 days.
  • Yoshida wants to implement a cross-world, raid-only, party finder system. However, it is still only an idea he have and no real work has been done on it. In fact, this idea sounds so wonderful that I am sure many people will be furious with him for raising the suggestion and then never to deliver on it.

Job Adjustment

• Paladin's main problem is the compatibility with current contents. I dunno, I didn't even know Paladin had problems!
  • Adjustments will be made to address TP issues, but no adjustment will be made to Paladin's DPS...I'm not even a Paladin and even this sounds off to me.
  • They are aware that currently Clemency and Divine Veil do not have many uses in current content.

PvP: Seal Rock

• No adjustments will be made at 3.1. Adjustments will be made together with Wolves' Den II come Patch 3.2.

3.2 Materia Changes

• From 3.2 accessories from raids will be the strongest.

Virtual Reality

• No plans to implement VR to the actual game, even though they did that VR Titan demo. Sorry, none of us will be staring at Titan's buttcrack in 1st person with an unwieldy peripheral on our heads anytime soon...

Oh yeah, this will be gear from island exploration:

ga40gex32qtg.jpg

I can probably guess which is the healer one. And I like it. I want that one. Oh wait, I can't. I'm not playing anymore. :brooding:

I'm not sure I like the idea of having just another two dungeon expert roulette. Sure to get tiring after a while! Though I suppose anything is better than Neverreap :wacky:

Gear looks interesting. Third from the right is probably healer, yus? Hard to tell. But I like that one. If the third from the left is Bard/MCH, then that wouldn't be too bad either. Rest is kinda ugly

Back