[29/10] Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade release date trailer.

Rey

♥Solo noi due insieme per sempre♥
Veteran
Gil
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
Terra
Yuna
FFXIV
Ellia Lombardia
FFXIV Server
Lamia
DFF-Arcade-11-26-PV.jpg

Japan will finally be getting Dissidia Final Fantasy in arcades starting November 26th to make way for the much-anticipated future PS4 port that fans are dying to see. As previously announced, Square Enix will be adding characters overtime including Ramza from Final Fantasy tactics, so this isn't anywhere near the final roster.

The trailer introduces the following characters in HD glory

Warrior of Light (Final Fantasy)
Firion (Final Fantasy II)
Onion Knight (Final Fantasy III)
Cecil (Final Fantasy IV)
Bartz (Final Fantasy V)
Terra (Final Fantasy VI)
Cloud (Final Fantasy VII)
Squall (Final Fantasy VIII)
Zidane (Final Fantasy IX)
Tidus (Final Fantasy X)
Shantotto (Final Fantasy XI)
Vaan (Final Fantasy XII)
Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII)
Y’shtola (Final Fantasy XIV)

Of course, no Square Enix news is complete without a beautiful CGI trailer!

Source: Gematsu

Dat Shiva tho

imxriez.gif

That Shiva is quite awesome. She's what the Narnian Ice Queen would be like if she was a Pokemon master.

It's interesting that they are designing unique versions of these summons for Dissidia, rather than using versions from particular games. Perhaps these can be considered the 'Dissidia' universe counterparts of the summons, and all of the ones the static images that we had for summons in previous games were pulled directly from the particular numbered universes with the characters.

I'm also liking the new maps. I think I spot Besaid Beach. The snowy environment also has me thinking. Is this possibly the fields and cliffs at Narche (FFVI)? It's a bit too flat to be Mt. Gagazet, but that's another possibility too. Or it could be Coerthas for all I know.

The Mako Reactor is perhaps the best of the revealed new maps so far. I think most people will enjoy fighting there.

I'm a little bit worried about the characters though. It was hinted at earlier that we'd get a ridiculous amount of characters (50 or so, if I wasn't dreaming). We still only see in this trailer a very small handful of characters, most of which we've seen in other Dissidias (and from these some of them such as Warrior of Light and Onion Knight hardly classify as 'real characters' from their respective games). I know we're expecting Ramsa (I think) from FF Tactics. I just hope we have a glimpse of who else people can play as.

If the character list isn't impressive to me then I'll probably not get this when (/if) it ever comes out on the PS4. I don't want to play as the same characters from Dissidia 1 with only a handful of extras. I need to be wowed by a good selection of characters, some relatively obscure and fun (rather than simply being the obvious choice lead characters). Otherwise, I'll probably pass on this.

Dat Cloud tho

YOU MEAN :ohoho:

I don't understand, though... when it says arcade does that mean it's coming to arcades in NA, too?

I dunno, when was the last time arcades were a big thing in America? Probably not very big now. They're still a major thing in Japan with major new releases, usually of the fighting genre. Heck, Pokemon has one too.

They've been heavily hinting of an eventual PS4 version perhaps sometime within a year, so that would be the most probable version of the game to make it west.

Yeah, that's why I was confused. I hope the PS3/4 release can happen, makes no sense they would make a game just for Japan. Where's the money in that :lew:

Back