Build-A-Member
Accessory (Head)
FFXIV
Polyphemos Bromios
FFXIV Server
Moogle
Free Company
KupoCon
If you are not yet familiar with the premise of this game, click here.

If anyone new wants to join this game then they may do so, but they shall not receive any rewards for doing so. Late-comers are joining for the fun.

-

Haunted House.

Background:
Our brave/stupid heroes have entered the haunted house, a mansion which is a physical manifestation of the archives and memes of Final Fantasy Forums. They are not alone. The house is haunted by the ghosts of four fiends well-known to FFF (Barry the Behemoth, Terence the Tonberry, Carlos el Cactuar, and Mortimer the Malboro).

The door has closed behind our heroes. There is no going back now. Who will survive? Will they contain the ghost problem, or will they fail?

Rules:
Moving and actions:
Each turn a player may move once (choosing to move into a particular room, or in a particular direction), and can also carry out an action (either interacting with an object, or rolling for a complicated action).

For example, a player might post:
'(insert character) walks into the taxidermist's studio and hugs the Cookie Monster'

This counts as one move and one action. This shall then happen, and when Dionysos updates the map at the end of each turn then this will be reflected in the drawing. If anything is particularly interesting about the action, then a larger drawing of the event will also be posted.

All doors are unlocked at the outset, and do not cost an action turn to open (unless a ghost locks a door behind you!). Climbing stairs, however, do cost the ‘action’ part of a player’s turn.

All objects drawn on the map can be interacted with, if players wish. Perhaps a player might peek into a cupboard, or look inside a rubbish bin. Useful items might be found within, or perhaps a ghost! Be careful!

Haunt moves:
In addition to the moves and actions of the players, the ghosts shall also have their own moves decided by the Gamemaster (Dionysos). What these moves are might not always be revealed each turn. You might notice subtle changes to the map. Perhaps a chair has moved, or there is a blood trail.

Each ghost can do something to disrupt the atmosphere of the house and scare you all senseless. Sometimes this can indicate to the player that a ghost is nearby, but other times a ghost is merely toying with the player!

If a ghost does something particularly horrible then a player might be required to attempt a roll of a die. Say, for example, a door is locked or a light goes out... The player may request a roll for counteracting both.

Remember, this is a bit of fun. Try not to worry too much if you find yourselves in a difficult situation. You could always help each other out. Or not... This is a haunted house after all, I'm sure some of you will die.

Taking and dealing damage:
Every character controlled by a player begins this game with 10 HP.

When a player accidentally (or intentionally) comes into contact with a ghost then the ghost will attempt to kill the player.

All combat results shall be decided by the roll of dice (using random dice).

If the player is not carrying any protection when encountering a ghost, the ghost might kill the player. Two dice shall be rolled in this case. The first die determines if the ghost should damage the player (a roll of 4 or above means damage will be dealt). The second die determines the value of the attack (a roll of 1 means that 1 HP will be lost, and a roll of 6 will mean a devastating 6 HP shall be lost!). Chance can be kind or it can be cruel!

If a player survives a roll then the player might manage a temporary escape (the player is free to move away in the next turn).

If a character loses all HP then they shall die horrible deaths.

If the player has a ghost trap or lucky charm when encountering a ghost then a die roll shall determine whether the trap/weapon works against the ghost (4 or more is a success). Perhaps a player might turn into a ghost hunter simply by picking up a key item of importance.

When an item is used it is discarded, however. You must find another item if you wish to combat another ghost.

If a ghost survives a confrontation then it might vanish and change its hiding location. Players will have to look elsewhere to find this ghost again... Or perhaps it will find you first!

Do you work alone, or do you help each other? How you play is entirely up to you.

-

The Team:

1. Lego Batman (Galadín).
ViAPRMt.png

HP = 2
Items carrying: Rat.
Cotton wool.
Inflatable donkey.
Dirty Alarm Clock.

2. Agi (soulcorruptor)
jIpXsTe.png

HP = 7
Items carrying:
Necronomicon.
Painting of Ultros.

3. David Cameron / Hameron (Linnaete)
GgyW2M9.png

HP = 4
Items carrying: None.

4. Iron Man (randomrosso)
CBmGDab.png

Dead

5. Sexy Cheerleader (Harlequin)
bF814Iw.png

HP = 1
Items carrying: Beard on a card
Slave Leia Costume

6. Pepe the Frog (Psycho Supergoddess)

xQk9pda.png

HP = 1
Items carrying:
Cid's Costume
Tifa Costume
Iron Nail

7. Bugs Bunny in a Ghostface mask (Chip n Dale)

Ln2Vxl1.png

HP = 3
Items carrying: Bucket of Sap.
Sword.

8. Louis Walsh (Sprout)

9ey577F.png

HP = 5
Items carrying: Orb of Holy Light.

9. Gerry Adams.

Awp4ZP4.png

HP = 6
Items carrying: Friendly Yeti.

Check this post for updates on the HP and status of these characters during the course of the game.

-

The Haunted House Maps.
Click them to enlarge and examine them. They shall be updated throughout the game, and each 'turn ending' post by Dionysos shall update everybody on the situation.

Starting maps:
The Ground Floor:
zz7o9Y5.png

Current active maps:

The Ground Floor:
No longer visible.

First Floor:
CwbfrR0.png

Basement:
No longer visible.

Wall Space:
No longer visible.

Dog's House:
No longer visible.

Narnia:
qRHpyqj.png

Beaver's Dam:
TMnF6IY.png

Beaver's Dam First Floor:
Ie59Hvr.png

Doll's House:
KXCL5hj.png

Doll's House First Floor:
aA9CU1m.png

Cookie Pit:
JLk1w3U.png

-

If anyone has any questions or is confused, just ask Dionysos.

@Galadín @soulcorruptor @Linnaete @randomrosso @Harlequin @Psycho Supergoddess @Chip n Dale @Sprout - You may now request your first moves!

Okay then, guys! Let's break the internet! :argor:

Attachments

• WMVaYJv.png
    WMVaYJv.png
    15 KB · Views: 206
  • 5mFO0mz.png
    5mFO0mz.png
    130 KB · Views: 205
  • o1ksTvu.png
    o1ksTvu.png
    188.2 KB · Views: 227
  • ATbltWU.png
    ATbltWU.png
    61 KB · Views: 222
  • iEdplLO.png
    iEdplLO.png
    128.5 KB · Views: 232
  • yUDoEJ7.png
    yUDoEJ7.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 227
  • F7Un43y.png
    F7Un43y.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 216
  • Xj6wNmX.png
    Xj6wNmX.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 182
  • qOQZ5PY.png
    qOQZ5PY.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 206
  • zKRCwzI.png
    zKRCwzI.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 195
  • 1XnSqUd.png
    1XnSqUd.png
    206.9 KB · Views: 202
  • 1LYPIhj.png
    1LYPIhj.png
    56.3 KB · Views: 195
  • Kb50OWY.png
    Kb50OWY.png
    148.2 KB · Views: 197
  • A5SZr8I.png
    A5SZr8I.png
    207.6 KB · Views: 205
  • q4f8nsL.png
    q4f8nsL.png
    206.2 KB · Views: 197
  • qxJC6Mq.png
    qxJC6Mq.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 226
  • GTzI1in.png
    GTzI1in.png
    213.1 KB · Views: 198
  • SAXkWHO.png
    SAXkWHO.png
    143.5 KB · Views: 202
  • xOa63zo.png
    xOa63zo.png
    206.1 KB · Views: 213
  • GsuWgFO.png
    GsuWgFO.png
    195 KB · Views: 196
  • zhHCz5E.png
    zhHCz5E.png
    149 KB · Views: 196
  • pwF0b5y.png
    pwF0b5y.png
    216.6 KB · Views: 215
  • inhYMbJ.png
    inhYMbJ.png
    196.2 KB · Views: 195
  • DXS4QqT.png
    DXS4QqT.png
    215.6 KB · Views: 228
  • uhp2buv.png
    uhp2buv.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 193
  • 1hgfsFm.png
    1hgfsFm.png
    153.1 KB · Views: 227
  • drH0LOG.png
    drH0LOG.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 193
  • Pn1aeI9.png
    Pn1aeI9.png
    222.7 KB · Views: 192
  • 4hKPDRd.png
    4hKPDRd.png
    187.1 KB · Views: 203
  • QKe4DGE.png
    QKe4DGE.png
    158.2 KB · Views: 178
  • CaON6tc.png
    CaON6tc.png
    191.5 KB · Views: 192
  • PtwlTxa.png
    PtwlTxa.png
    150.7 KB · Views: 189
  • 6T6OHI4.png
    6T6OHI4.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 196
  • nEtXUZI.png
    nEtXUZI.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 200
  • GrWHftC.png
    GrWHftC.png
    238.5 KB · Views: 218
"I had to fire my chauffeur because of austerity reasons and now I'm stuck here in this dilapidated place?!" cries David Hameron, unsuccessfully striving to stifle a slight snort similar to that of a swine, "I am famished. I really hope there is a delightfully succulent mint roast partridge in the dining room!"

He immediately saunters his way to the dining room, before taking his seat at the chair closest to the door.

Last edited:
Batman sees David Hameron swagger off to the dining room; "Hm, what a dubious character, maybe it's best if I go this one alone", he muses to himself. Setting up a crime scene analysis he quickly identifies an area of interest. Swooping into the taxidermist's studio, he scans in the suspicious looking turtle and picks it up. "Interesting, according to my intel, this may belong to the owner of the house" Batman ponders aloud...

Pepe the Frog chose to ignore the choices that the humans Batman and David Hameron went with and decided to go his own way. He spotted a place of interest, and performed a graceful ballet number as he headed towards the Library. With a running start, Pepe pirouetted and kicked open the door, his slender figure in a arabesque pose as the giant doors swung open. Immediately, his senses were overcome by a delicious smell. While executing petit allegro dances, he followed the scent until he reached the trash can and...
giphy.gif

I'm fully expecting I did this wrong but tell me so I can fix it :ahmed: NOBODY LAUGH AT ME I DON'T RP & IM SHIT AT THINGS ANYWAY, SO ITS ONLY NATURAL THAT IM FUCKING SOMETHING UP!!! IM ALREADY SHY DOING THISSS :toni:

Noticing that three people have already wondered off Agi took a sip from her flask and said aloud, "Just my luck stuck in a strange place without my magic and still can't get drunk. Might as well as splash some water on my face to wake myself up." With that Agi slowly walked to the bathroom and noticing no mirror and an oddly placed trash can inspected the trashcan.

Still confused and just slightly disturbed at the sight of Louis Walsh and his perky nipple tassels, Iron Man breaks away from the pack and heads towards the storage room to seek shelter. As he enters the dimly lit closet space, he notices a smelly old mop sitting in the corner and proceeds to pick it up...

As Sexy makes her way into the house she takes it upon herself to voice her opinion of those she encountered at the front. "Ugh, are you serious? Look at all these freaks!" she exclaims audibly.

Resisting the urge to get naked and take a shower (for now :kiss:) she makes her way to the Dining Room. "What's this a library? What kinda nerd has a library in their house?!" she muses aloud whilst entering the Dining Room and taking a seat next to David Hameron.

"Is that a tan? Tans are hot..."

Louis Walsh loves the thought of food. He also loves the idea of skirts with no underwear. Louis Walsh enters the dining room and sits on a chair right next to David and Sexy...crossing his legs to prevent the breeze hitting his...thighs so much. His nipple tassels swing against the others' faces as he walks past.

Bugs Bunny sees everyone scatter, and out of curiosity decides to stay where he is while eating a carrot and go into the storage room to see what kind of tools he can use in his latest prank against the evil people that would hurt the most amazing cartoon character ever created.

Really impressed with your RP-like posts. Wasn't expecting that sort of thing at all so it is making this much more enjoyable!

-

Turn 1

(Remember to click the image a few times to get a zoomed in view for details).

TcPt3BI.png

Particulars:
As Lego Batman picks up the taxidermy turtle, Timmy returns to life. Item obtained: Timmy the Turtle.
ZHsJ2dc.png

Agi reluctantly picks out an almost finished toilet roll from the bathroom trashcan... Item obtained: Almost finished toilet roll.

chaTwwy.png

In the storage room Iron Man picks up the mop. Item obtained: Mop.

Bugs also wanders into the storage room and lurks near the bucket of water. Item obtained: Bucket of water.

Pepe the Frog dives into the library trashcan and discovers a wasted hamburger to be the source of the scent trail. Item obtained: Wasted hamburger.

UfC5tnZ.png

(I should explain that food items, such as the 'wasted hamburger' can restore HP if you are damaged. 1 HP unless otherwise stated on pick-up. There may be other side-effects to eating such food, however, so only do it when desperately necessary!)

The other guys sit together in the dining room...

-

@Galadín @soulcorruptor @Linnaete @randomrosso @Harlequin @Vega @Chip n Dale @Sprout - You may post your next moves now.

Bugs kicks the bucket then starts singing "The Rabbit kicked the bucket the bucket!" Then bugs kicks the bucket up the stairs and goes after the bucket up the stairs.

"Huh, looks to be some sort of live turtle. I wonder why he was then placed in a taxidermist's studio? Maybe I can find out more data by investigating that moose head".

Clipping the now sleeping turtle under his cape, Batman glided to the other side of the room and switched on his detective scanner. Seeing the grinning teeth of the moose up close was making his skin crawl a little, it was weird that something dead should look so happy about it. The scanner wasn't picking up anything suspicious but there was absolutely no way this moose was innocent.

"Maybe I should check behind the head for more clues", but despite coming to a conclusion, Batman hesitated a moment before removing it from the wall; were the teeth of a dead moose supposed to be shiny white like that?

Batman gave an involuntary jump when an almighty clang resounded on the hallway stairs next to the studio.

"Huh", he grunted to himself turning his attention away from creepy moose teeth to the wall space behind where the head had hung.

Picking up the almost used toilet roll with a grimace on her face Agi turned around and was quite shocked, not only was there a rubber ducky on the floor which she failed to notice on her first time coming in, but the sink was somehow running and beginning to overflow. So Agi did the only reasonable thing she could think of, she decided to pick up the rubber ducky and leave the bathroom.

"Ohhhh, heeeello," softly mutters the Hameron, at the sight of a voluptuous vixen in the sexy cheerleader's outfit, while silently cursing every visual blind spot that the pig's head mask is forcing on him, denying him full salacious access to the sight of her delectable derriere. Just as he prepares to stretch across the table towards her to introduce himself ("I'd happily make you Home Secretary, dear. Give those criminal scum the good punishing they deserve!"), the repugnant sight of a squeaky-voiced man with nipple tassels waltzing into the room greets him, agitating the cheerleader as he sweeps past her to take a seat to her left flank.

Moments later, a loud metallic clang thunders throughout the mansion. Having adopted a comfortable leaning position with which his mask could finally allow him to leer longingly at the lovely lady, the sudden clang quickly wakes him from his quiet euphoria, causing him to jump.

"Darling, stay here!" he cries, with a strained attempt at gallantry, "you wait here for the food. I shall investigate the source of this ominous sound!"

He stands up, somehow upturning the very chair he had been occupying. Completely ignoring Louis Walsh, he flexes in front of the cheerleader before grabbing a plate from the table. Wielding it as if it's a disc from Tron, our noble nitwit ventures out from the safety of the dining room into the gargantuan hallway space. As soon as he closes the door behind him...

Louis Walsh is amused by the flirting going on at the dinner table. The next second...he isn't. He seems to hear a clang in the direction of the hallway but meh. Louis' mother always said he had the attention span of half of Jedward. Our Louis decides to check out the basement 'cause God knows...he just ain't that darn bright. He opens the basement door and flips the basement light switch on :s.

P.S. Louis' mother was a time traveler. We'll explain it that way. Yep.

"Whatever," Sexy replies nonchalantly as David makes his way towards the hall. It was then that her stomach began to rumble reminding our vacuous vixen she hadn't eaten in quite some time. Turning her attention towards the dish at the center of the dining table she thinks it wise to check if the house's owner has left anything tasty for our surprise guests.

"There better not be anything more than a salad in here 'cause I can NOT put any more weight on" she remarks as she reaches across the table and lifts the dish cover to reveal...

His greatest weakness.

"Wasted hamburger!" Pepe tried to control himself from devouring the waste but the disgusting stench was too much to resist. Just as he was about to relieve his hunger, a loud ruckus in the hall made Pepe almost drop his precious hamburger, . He wasn't very scared because he knew he wasn't going to die. "Those damned fools, they never saw it coming."

"Was it a ghost finally murdering the cheerleader?", Pepe thought aloud even though he knew no one could answer him, for he was all alone in the Library. And that's when he realized.

"I shouldn't be in the Library!"

Pepe elegantly danced his way out of the Library, twirling his way to the Dining room. He saw Hameron just standing outside of the doorway. Pepe guessed his zombie-state was a product of too much sex with pigs. Poor chap, all he must know is his addiction to pigs, Pepe thought to himself. Feeling generous, Pepe wanted to ease the pig-man's addiction, "I think there might be some taxidermy pigs in that room down the hall, Hameron."

At that, he opened the Dining room doors and tried not to think about what to do next. For some reason, he felt like everyone could read his mind somehow, "I feel a presence, as if there are groups of people in some alternate universe, controlling us all with the power of words."
The thought didn't scare Pepe because he knew he wasn't going to die (
:hal: ) but it made him question the existence of everything they know.

"Our we human... or are we dancer? And why are hamburgers called hamburgers when there isn't any god damn ham?"

The question consumed all of Pepe's brain power as he made it into the Dining room and saw the Cheerleader lifting the top off of a dish.

"Oh, you're still alive. :toni: "

Super late reply to this, soooo I'm thinking Iron Man opts to stay in the closet for the time being o.0

Turn 2

(Remember to click the images a few times to get a zoomed in view for details).

Ground Floor:
KVXaYqb.png

New floors have been discovered!

First Floor (discovered by Bugs):
Zvm6VWK.png

Basement (discovered by Louis Walsh:
razDsSP.png

Particulars:

As Lego Batman investigates the wall space behind the creepy moose head, blood begins to flow from it. A cry of 'Heeeeelp!!!' can be heard from within. As he peeks into the small hole, this is what he sees:

VoCs4Br.png

Agi picks up the rubber duck and leaves the bathroom. Item obtained: Rubber duck.

Hameron picks up a dinner plate and leaves the dining room. Item obtained: Dinner plate.

Sexy uncovers the contents of the dinner dish, discovering the disembodied head of Jeremy Clarkson who had been axed by the BBC.

Rz4abWL.png

Pepe the Frog joins Sexy at the dinner table.

Uh-oh! A ghost has locked the doors out of the dining room (darker brown doors in the drawing mean that they are locked)! Only the adjacent kitchen door remains open.

How will they get out? One or both of them (or indeed anybody else who may want to help them) may request a roll of a dice to determine if they can unlock the door. If they plan on leaving, that is...

Fear not, doomed ones! A new character has joined your team! Gerry Adams may be late to the party, but I'm sure he'll make himself very useful to you all.

Awp4ZP4.png

-

You may now request your next moves.

"Bloody bollocks"

The first sight that our porky protagonist encounters in that vast great entrance hall is the sight of Gerry Adams himself. Prime arch-wanker, the deliberately dressed leprechaun is grimacing like the scummy villainous cur he has always been. Refusing to even entertain the idea of a united Ireland under a republic for even an instant, Hammy feigns total ignorance of his very existence, until a bemusing sight quickly arrests every tingling feeling of momentary hostility.

Waltzing towards him is what appears to be an anthropomorphic frog, decked out in what happens to be the sort of ballerina dress and a tutu that his wife would used to wear back when the pair of them would ever be in the mood for some kinky roleplay bedroom fun. Ah, those days. Hameron wistfully looks on as he recollects those happy times when Samantha Hameron would dress up as Mrs Thatcher and he would dress up as a miner being chained and punished. His moment of stupor is broken when he hears the frog mention to him something about taxidermy pigs...? Before our hammy hero can adequately respond, the frog has already closed the dining room entrance door firmly shut behind him.

"YOU BETTER NOT BE HARASSING MY WOMAN!" he attempts to yell, only to realise that half the sentence has come out as a series of high-pitched pig squeals. He reaches out for the dining room door handle to confront the frolicking frog, only to realise that the door is now locked. The villainous cur! What sort of deranged decadence has he in mind for the poor lady in there? There has to be a way to break into the dining room and rescue the ditzy damsel from despair!

Taxidermy pigs? What was the frog on about? No! It must be a trap. Hameron is not stupid. Clearly the frog wants him to find a taxidermy room only to become its next victim and museum piece. That is not about to happen tonight...or ever, Ham silently staunchly declares to himself. He shall eschew all other doors on this floor in case one of them is indeed walking into a deathtrap. Instead...his eyes wander up north to the sight of the grand staircase and...is that a trail of water? Is that a dim figure at the top of stairs on a poorly lit landing? He certainly also looks villainous.

Before he can take a first step towards the staircase, a sudden stroke of genius strikes; if he can find the room that is directly above the dining room, he can surely find a way to break through the floor. All it would take with his weight are a few bounces. Giddy with his own newfound ingenuity, Dave Ham plods his way up the wet staircase, still tightly wielding his only available sword and shield - a dinner plate. As he approaches the landing however, he finally catches a good glimpse of the figure at the top of the stairs. It's a rabbit with a startlingly sinister mask seemingly guarding a bucket of water. That's not fair, Hameron muses to himself; there is only room in this manor for one animal to gallivant around wearing a mask...

Back