Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Hey guys, I was hoping to implement a new setup for the vBActivity feature, specifically the awards system. http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/vbactivity.php?do=allawards

Rather than just having them displayed, why not attach some rewards while we're at it? GP, colored usernames, MogShop discounts, etc. A Gold, Silver, and Bronze tier for the awards would look organized and streamlined. Not only that, but I will also be designing our own awards from the ground up using Illustrator. I'll stick with a uniform design to ensure that they line up neatly next to each other.

The only drawback is that in order for this new idea to work how it's supposed to, everyone must start at a clean slate. Of course, history is important in FFF, so we will be keeping a list of history of awards that user earned these past few years.

Afterwards, every month we do a vBActivity check.

Gold: (Winner of the big annual events)
-1 Birthweek award

Silver: (Winner of the actual competitions itself, including Birthweek competitions, Halloween and Christmas events).
-1 general FFF award (any non-specific competitions we come up with throughout the year). Halloween and Christmas events (White elephant, etc) will have a different design, but still keeping a silver base color scheme. So any competitions (not specific to writing, sotw, art, etc) that falls under the Halloween/Christmas category, members will receive that award instead of the general FFF award.
-1 award for Dionysos' games
-1 art award (any traditional art competition not related to graphics, caricature included)
-1 writing award (poetry included)
-1 GFX award (general GFX competition not related to SOTW, so FFF Banner and SOTY winners will fit here)
-1 gaming award

Bronze: (Weekly events and participation)
-1 SOTW award (as per usual)
-1 GSC award (when it's ready to go)
-1 honorable mention award for consistent participation throughout an event. Admins/Gmods will award this randomly to recognize our users.

Any awards that you receive for the month of October will roll on over for this new system once implemented. I am anticipating that the new awards will be ready in a couple weeks (maybe less), so continue to participate!

Questions, feedback?

Sorry for the delay. So a few updates:

Bronze and Gold crests are done. Couple Silver crests are done as well (general and Halloween event). I might do a 30 minutes streaming soon to show you guys the work so far, and maybe do one of the Silver ones. Currently working on Dan's crest. Trying to prioritize here!

I'm excited to see how this comes along. Thanks for your dedication, Mits! :)

Why thank you, Adri.

Right then, here's the video. Streamed this earlier, and I had only intended to show the awards for a few minutes, but due to unexpected turn of events, it ended up being over an hour video. I recommend that you guys fast forward towards the end to see the work so far. This is not done yet, but at least we have an idea. =] I have to implement the silver theme a bit more, but I had too much fun playing around with colors.

Credit to @Six for Dan's turtle idea. @Dionysos

"It's head!" Lmao. That auto-correct... WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME WINDOWS 10! That's NOT the correct way to say it!

As said, I love how the rewards are coming along. Credit to me while you did all the work! :wacky:

At least we provided everyone with banter! That lag, though, cringeeee.

Oh, wow this is pretty ace, Mits. I really like the look of Timmy the Turtle's crest! :argor:

ualO3r8.png
Mitsuki I found one of Tia's hats!

I'm double posting it seems. Please don't infract me but I do love those vb rewards once again!

Back