Playstation Top 20 PS1 games.

Shaissa

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Mog's Tent
Since the Playstation turned 20 this year. I decided to do a top 20 list of my favorite PS One games. My personal rules that if anyone makes a list don't have to follow.

1. Only one game per a series, So there will only be 1 Final Fantasy and so on.
2. No remakes/ports from Past consoles, so games like Chrono Trigger won't be on this list.
That is it for my personal rules. So now let me count down my top 20 games! I did try to keep this to "exclusive" titles, but I might of named a few that were on other consoles...maybe

20. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2: I fun skating game, one of the few “sport” games I enjoyed over the year. Fun game to try to do amazing tricks and find secret levels.
19. Gran Turismo 2 – very fun racing game, get to customize your car with so many parts and build it up to make it as fast as you want. Nice racing game for the Playstation, if you like Racing games, I recommend this one.

18. Medal of Honor: Allied of Assault – World War II game that actually had a story, these use to be FPS games. You played them for the story. This was a fun FPS with a great story! I never played any multi-player, but then again I wouldn’t play this for the Multi-player

17. Front Mission 3 – I very fun Tactical RPG game, you get to customize your robot, and battle with them. Very fun game, with a long great story, the characters are a little bland from time to time, but overall a good story.

16.Threads of Fate – One game I wish had a sequel. This RPG I feel is one of Squares best “one hit rpg” game that never got a sequel or anything. An action-RPG game, you get to do two stories and see it from two characters perspective! It isn’t very long by any means, but still a great story with some very nice characters.

15. Spyro: Year of the Dragon – What kind of list would this be without Spyro? Another Attempt at a Sony Mascot in a way, a fun 3D adventure game with a dragon that flies and shoots fire…what can go wrong with that?

14. Silent Hill – I won’t sit here and bash Konami for what they have done to this series, I will complement this horror game for having a very nice “fog” effect that creeps me out! I enjoyed this enough to know that I had nightmares and still wanted to play the game!

13. Twisted Metal 2 – I enjoyed Twisted Metal 2 the most out of any other one in the series, all the secret levels on top of the crazy cars, to the dark creepy story. Fun Multiplayer game that is a dark Super Mario Kart battle system.

12. Tekken 3 – Before Soul Calibur, after Mortal Kombat, there was Tekken! This series is very interesting, and fun to play…well At least up to 3. Very enjoyable fighting game with a nice variety of characters to choose from. Also Tekken 3 had the best character ever… Gon! :wacky:

11. Worms Armogeddon – What can be said about this game that hasn’t been said at least 1000 times in the past from others who played this game? Fun turn based strategy with people killing worms! Very fun party game!

10. Metal Gear Solid – Oh Metal Gear Solid, oh a series that is loved and hated by many… I personally loved the first game, even though it was pretty short, this was one of the first “stealth” games I have ever played. Really one of the few stealth games I can play! Just such a nice enjoyable game to enjoy.
9. Dragon Quest/Warriors VII - This game is a very traditional RPG, turn base, Monsters on the screen you are not.... was at the end of the PS1 life when everyone was doing top of the line graphics, this game went to a 2-d feel. and it worked! The story and characters were very interesting (even if they weren't the most unique around) this is a great game and I hope it does get a remake outside of Japan soon....

8. Resident Evil 2- Ohhh look Capcom, a series that use to be scary! This was probably the best Resident Evil (in my mind). The action and the suspense were almost real for me in this game, not knowing when something would jump out and attack you! and also you had limited health and bullets that you could scavenger up. Made it a real challenge! I hope Capcom can actually go back to that feeling again...

7. Mega Man Legends - Ahhh remember when Capcom actually cared about Mega Man... Pepperidge Farm remembers... This game was really a great game for the times! Mega Man wasn't just a side scroller shooter/fighting game. He was able to run in 3d and explore areas! This game was a game that could of launched Mega Man into a real adventure games...too bad the Legends 3 game was NEVER MADE! CAPCOM! :shakefist:

6. Monster Rancher 2- This game took a page from Pokemon's book in a way, at least with the training your monsters and evolved it. You actually got your monsters from different disks! Go grab your PS1 games and your music cds (dvd's sadly weren't that big yet but later monster ranchers fixed that...) then you put it into your PS1 and could get many different monsters! and you train them then battle with them! I loved grabbing all my cds and spent many hours looking at different monsters! I unique game I wish was still around...but sadly is one of those games that died with the times....

5. Crash Bandicoot 2- I found this one to be the best out of the bunch, although 3 had more interesting levels, I felt at the same time 3 kinda tried to do too much, Crash 2 was the perfect platformer game that really told Nintendo and Sega "Hey we can make a great Mascot Platformer game too!" too bad the Bandicoot was in the end not made as their mascot :sad3:

4. PaRappa the Rapper- KICK PUNCH IT' ALL IN THE MIND! this was a game that basically was used to teach you the Psone controls and memorize them. Before this everyone basically used AB Xy or ABC.... so going from that to X, Square, Triangle and Circle was very confusing. Doing that in this game was fun! going through the stages. The reason why this is in the top 5? all the damn catchy songs! really they are all so catchy and fun! I think I am going rebuy this game.....

3. Breath of Fire III- Hey another Capcom game from another series that they washed away.... Breath of Fire III was a nice turnbase feeling game, with the added bonus of being so rich in story and developing a character that was a silent character, which I think is very hard to do. When you can actually develop a characters personality that never talks, I think that is one of the hardest things to do in a video game (at least in my mind.) This was a very fun RPG and I recommend anyone to try it that likes RPGs

2. Suikoden II- Ahh Suikoden Series...one of the best around in my mind.... Suikoden II is arguably one of the most treasured games out there. I feel like I am saying this about most of the RPG's on this list, but this one is by far the best story in any RPG I have ever played on any console. With 108 unique characters to recruit and villains that you just wanna physically murder, it is a rare diamond that I would recommend for everyone that even kinda likes RPGs. Too bad Konami has all but ignored it through the last generation.

1. Final Fantasy IX - I was having a tough time between Tactics and IX, in the end IX won out. This game had so much in it, amazing story and characters, and a plot. The only real downside in my opinion was the very last boss. I get he was kinda a "Tribute to the past" that this game was built around, but to throw him in like that was just very boring...Since the Playstation turned 20 this year. I decided to do a top 20 list of my favorite PS One games. My personal rules that if anyone makes a list don't have to follow.

Back