FF XI still active?

Bryght Kane

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
Terra
Is it too late to start playing Final Fantasy XI now, or is it still active and being played?

It might still be played but from my experience about a good three years ago activity was starting to drop.

Alright, I'm glad I still have a chance to play FF XI.

Is it still a mmo with a monthly fee, or has it gone free to play yet?

Its got a $12.95 a month fee so its not too bad. Keep in mind that each extra character is an extra $1.

It's actually still up and active, there are quite a bit of private or so called vanilla servers up that are free to play. it's not pirate servers but free servers to the player that can require donations just to keep it up.

I am quite surprised that this game is still active even after the release of Final Fantasy XIV. What makes the players play this game when there is a new and improved Final Fantasy MMORPG out there? Did Final Fantasy XI got an expansion?

The fact that XIV isn't improved, people still enjoy it. That most jobs were not ruined in transition, a bit more to do. Common sense really just because XIV is new does not make it better.

The fact that XIV isn't improved, people still enjoy it. That most jobs were not ruined in transition, a bit more to do. Common sense really just because XIV is new does not make it better.

I agree with you on that part. People still plays the old school classic games because they enjoy playing it wether it has good graphics or not. Some people find old school games to be better than their sequels, others don't really focus on that. Is a way of expressing yourself about the game itself. So from what I can understand about your point of view is that not always the new game generation has the best attraction to the gaming community .

I agree with you on that part. People still plays the old school classic games because they enjoy playing it wether it has good graphics or not. Some people find old school games to be better than their sequels, others don't really focus on that. Is a way of expressing yourself about the game itself. So from what I can understand about your opinion is that not always the new game generation has the best attraction to the gaming community .

Really you agree with me, then why say you are surprised that people still play it and say XIV was new and improved? Because now you are going back on it. Also why even post here when you haven't expressed any interest in this at all before, it was around for a while as a thread already? You haven't shown interest in this at all before so why the sudden interest now?

Really you agree with me, then why say you are surprised that people still play it and say XIV was new and improved? Because now you are going back on it. Also why even post here when you haven't expressed any interest in this at all before, it was around for a while as a thread already? You haven't shown interest in this at all before so why the sudden interest now?
Because I was focused on other topics at that time. You can't expect people to always post on every thread all the time. When I read something that I find interesting, I will reply to it. If the post that I read doesn't call my attention I will not reply to it. That's like trying to eat something that you don't like.

I also didn't know that this topic existed. Like I said earlier, I was focusing on certain sections at that time. I've been posting news about different new game titles, reading articles about them, watching videos, and searching for new information about games. I also like to hear people's opinion about certain topics. I like to keep people informed about the gaming industry. That is why I haven't posted in this thread.

I've actually just decided to give it a go myself, I'm giving it a try on the Ashita server with a few friends as I doubt I'll get more then a hour a week to actually play it.. in it for the long game.. it does look so dated but still very interested to see what I can get out of it

I am quite surprised that this game is still active even after the release of Final Fantasy XIV. What makes the players play this game when there is a new and improved Final Fantasy MMORPG out there? Did Final Fantasy XI got an expansion?

They are very different games. The common misconception from people who haven't touched FFXIV is that it's an FFXI-2. It is not. It's more akin to Final Fantasy's take on World of Warcraft.

The FFXI available now is a far cry from the more challenging FFXI from over ten years ago when you had to party up to essentially get anything done. While it's much more of a viable solo experience these days, FFXI remains distinctive enough in game design philosophy from FFXIV to maintain its loyal core audience. Let's not forget that dedicated FFXI players have stuck with the game for over a decade, having formed deep emotional bonds with the community, the characters and the world they've been a part of for so many years. Their friends will not necessarily have all migrated to FFXIV.

Ultimately it's entirely subjective as to whether FFXIV is a "new and improved Final Fantasy MMORPG". Fans of FFXI's game design may not appreciate what FFXIV has done, as well as vice versa.

Ironically all I've really ever wanted from my games was a big single player experience.. I don't like to have to depend on others when it comes to having fun in the games that I play, withthe current incarnation of FFXI being much more geared towards the single player experience I was happy to jump in and give it another go, and I've not actuyally played it since its original release so that will make for quite the interesting experience as I play through it over the coming months

I know FFXI from very long ago. However, in that years, my nation's internet still very slow and game online is something very new.

But until now, even when I have money to pay for the game, I still don't know how to access and play FFXI. Can someone teach me? Please?

Back