FOOD.

cher whorowitz

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
Squall Leonhart
Is there a food thread already? ... I'm guessing if there is, it's old.

Anywho..

Talk about food? Because I'm obsessed with it?

I made my dad's spaghetti for dinner last night. I still can't believe that that's legit one of my fiance's ultimate favorite foods now. :3 My dad's spaghetti is the ultimate comfort food. It's not authentic, and it's not anything fancy, but that's what makes it perfect. That and the fact that it's dirt cheap to make a large amount. Everyone loves it. It took me ages to get the recipe out of him and I refuse to share it with anyone lol...

I also made mini fry bread tacos with biscuit dough! I got a tube of mini buttermilk biscuits thinking I could stretch the dough out enough to make a proper sized taco shell without being too thick. I couldn't, but they were mad cute...

I stretched out the dough as much as I could and fried the biscuits in veggie oil until light golden brown on both sides. Cooked up some ground beef with onion, garlic, jalepeno, cumin, coriander seed, salt, black & white pepper, dried chipotle chile powder, hot mexican chile powder, and a bit of tomato sauce. I also made some homemade refried beans with essentially the same ingredients, but with bacon fat added in and minus the chile powders.

Spread some of the beans on the shells and then topped with the ground beef and garnished with finely minced/chopped pico de gallo, shredded lettuce, cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped black olives and topped with Cholula hot sauce (because Cholula is BAWSE).

Served it up with my really baller Mexican red rice. Yeah boi. \m/

Tomorrow, I'm making chicken fried rice, egg drop soup, crab rangoons, and egg rolls - all homemade .. I'm excitttteddd!

Back