Article: FFXIV Heavensward: What to expect in terms of new content for Patch 3.1

Linnaete

sus
Staff member
Editorial Staff
Veteran
Gil
Andre the Adamantoise
Chocobo Egg
Accessory (Head)
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
[22/08] FFXIV Heavensward: What to expect in terms of new content for Patch 3.1

screenshot-8_22_2015-ibsoo.jpg

Letter From the Producer Live XXIV has recently dropped, allowing current players of Square's miracle MMORPG (which is now standing at 5 million registered users) to take a brief gander at what can be expected in terms of new content for the upcoming Patch 3.1.

There is yet to be an officially disclosed name for the patch, nor is there is a release schedule publicised, but expect to see the main scenario continue from where 3.0 left off. For players who have exhausted the pool of existing Beast Tribe quests and are crying out for more, you are in luck! Now you can look forward to solving the issues of the Vanu Vanu! On top of that, two new dungeons have been revealed, presumably for the Expert Roulette I would wager: Pharos Sirius (Hard) and Saint Mocianne Arboretum.

screenshot-8_22_2015-1fs7k.jpg

screenshot-8_22_2015-j2s0p.jpg

As is now customary for the first integer patch, the first 24-man raid will be unlocked. The mysterious purple ship orbiting The Sea of Clouds is none other than the Void Ark, which will serve as our Crystal Tower for Heavensward. The loot system will be a repeat of the World of Darkness at launch, presumably meaning you can only obtain one piece of loot per week.

screenshot-8_22_2015-fbs6d.jpg

screenshot-8_22_2015-fgs3v.jpg

screenshot-8_22_2015-hus2t.jpg

Purportedly, a new Primal is also in the works, with followup details to be disclosed along with next week's two-year anniversary Rising special event.

screenshot-8_22_2015-r7snj.jpg

The Gold Saucer will see new additions. It's a curious one called "Lord of Vermilion". Originally intended as a joke, it has now taken form as an actual RTS-style minigame where your minions can duke it out. Heavy Hatchling would win every match, obviously! In addition, the Gold Saucer will be added to the weekly Challenges log, for extra MGP, naturally.

Next up: housing. Unfortunately, plans to introduce new housing wards and residential zones will have to wait, as current issues have to be fixed. There will be a way to reclaim inactive housing. For personal housing, the owner will be able to assign furnishing and gardening rights for up to five people of their choosing. Other miscellaneous changes are adjustments to visitor entry and lighting fixtures.

For those of you with company airships, Patch 3.1 will allow for them to explore uncharted islands where players can take on powerful foes. Folks not in a Free Company with airships need not feel excluded, as a simple trip to Ishgard will allow you to also take advantage of this feature. Once an island is cleared of its fiendish denizens, party members can start gathering from nodes. In addition, Free Companies can now change their names.

screenshot-8_22_2015-adabi.jpg

A method to allow for glamours to occupy multiple slots as well as the ability to try on multiple pieces of gear at once are also mentioned. This can be good news for those who are somewhat miffed by the lack of certain, basic quality of life features.

Outside of patch-specific content, smaller adjustments will be made. First up, in a smaller Patch 3.07, players will be able to see the TP of party members. Secondly, Monk and Astrologian will see further tweaks.

A tentatively named "Beginner's Hall" is in development. It will not be ready for Patch 3.1's launch, though the team is aiming to get it off the ground in time for a subsequent later patch. There is no solid word on what this feature would entail, though it is likely it will be a more rigorous tutorial for certain party environments and learning the optimal ways to play a Job.

Nova Crystallis

Semi stoked semi sad.

I'm looking forward to all the changes, and I do think that the Astrologian needs a few buffs up their sleeves, however... Game time has been slow and minimal so perhaps I won't be seeing the changes for a while if 3.1 does come out soon. I am looking forward to finally seeing the TP bars, though. It may seem like something but this will benefit the Ninja's with their TP buff and of course the Astrologians.

Minion battles...like, pokemon style where your minions can duke it out with your friends' minions? Because that would be cool. Gives people an excuse to actually collect minions.

Minions are one of my favourite things about the game, so minion battles will be fuuuun. My little malboro will beat you all! :gasp:

Minions are one of my favourite things about the game, so minion battles will be fuuuun. My little malboro will beat you all! :gasp:

Tell that to my Panda :mokken: He auto wins by cuteness.

Watch out. This guy will be out for blood. :victor:

ilzXm9m.jpg

Attachments

• 400px-Plush_cushion1.jpg
    400px-Plush_cushion1.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 211
Don't have my pic of it but my little kitten courel is damn adorable.

Back