Playstation Resident Evil 2 Remake

Resident Evil 2 Remake Steam Size Revealed

Resident Evil 2 Remake has received an up to date system requirement on Steam and it's been revealed that the system will be larger than it was expected to be. While the Resident Evil 2 Remake HDD space requirement for the PC version were still unavailable, the Xbox One version will require a 21 GB of hard drive space while the Steam version will be larger than that. According to the recent update, Resident Evil 2 Remake Steam installation size will be a whooping 26 GB.

https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/resident-evil-2-steam-size-revealed#

Capcom has also announced the released date of Resident Evil 2 Remake demo which will be released on Januray 11th for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Here is the trailer of the demo.

Last edited:
Played the 1-Shot Demo. I got as far as the weapons locker place before the 30 mins time up.

The graphics are impressive and the most of the areas explored were really dark which really shat me up abit, considering it doesn't play out exactly how the original did so anything could be around the corner.
I haven't played a Resident Evil game since 5 on the PS3 so not sure if it's a entirly new thing or not but zombies following you through doors got me a few times. As did the amount of shots to the face I had to pull on some of them before they went down. Only for some of them to quietly get back up and follow me. Seriously, nothing has any right of staying active after the amount of ammo I put into some of those bastards.

Shame I didn't get too see a Licker on my playthrough and that the 30 mins timer really IS just 30 mins so can't experience any more than that. No replays. However I did have fun, was impressed with how it looks and feels and cannot wait for the full game.

EDIT: I was going to wait a while before getting the game but I've caved and downloaded the Deluxe Edition already. I'll post some thoughts later on my first couple of hours gameplay.

Last edited:
The first Resident Evil 2 DLC has been revealed. Here are some information and images about the Downloadable Content.

Resident Evil 2's free Ghost Survivors DLC arrives on February 15th, Capcom has announced.

Ghost Survivors, if you missed the original reveal, takes the form of three 'what if' stories built around characters you meet during Resident Evil 2's main campaign. In a new post on the PlayStation Blog, Capcom likens Ghost Survivors to Resident Evil 2's infamous The 4th Survivor and Tofu Survivor modes, but rather than guiding Hunk or an errant bit of soya through Racoon City, you'll step into the shoes of three characters that, in canon terms at least, never survived the zombie outbreak.

There are, however, some major differences between Resident Evil 2's classic Survivor modes and the new Ghost Survivor campaigns. For starters, while Tofu and 4th Survivor limit players to weapons provided at the outset, it's possible to collect new equipment throughout the three new modes. Don't expect to find them strewn around the environment though; items can only be acquired by defeating backpack zombies or by raiding vending machines.

Be warned that the next two paragraphs could be considered spoilers regarding the fate of certain secondary characters if you haven't already finished the main campaign.

Poison zombies from No Time to Mourn.
In No Time to Mourn, players take on the role of Robert Kendo, proprietor of the Gun Shop Kendo. After receiving a message from a helicopter-owning friend, Kendo gathers up all the weapons he can before heading out into Racoon City. The twist in this campaign, however, is the arrival of a new type of poisonous zombie. Meanwhile, playing as Katherine Warren, the mayor's daughter, in Runaway, sees the streets populated by "a strangely mutated type of zombie that can only be stopped with particularly powerful ammunition."

Lastly, players take on the role of USS agent Ghost in the Forgotten Soldier campaign. According to Capcom, "This especially challenging scenario will put even The 4th Survivor veterans to the test", and it introduces new armoured zombie hordes.

And Runaway's strange mutations.​

The free The Ghost Survivors update is also said to bring new achievements and "fun new challenges". Completing these unlocks character accessories including "a tiger mask, a cuddly raccoon that sits on your character's head, and more".

Ghost Survivors will be available to download on on February 15th.

Actually looks like a lot of fun, After beating Leon's A & Claire's B campaign, I felt like re-playing the other variants of the campaign would get a bit repetitive - I already felt that when playing Claire B if I am honest. But this seems like a fun reason to go back to it, I'm sure I'll be checking it out :)

Resident Evil 2 Remake Has Outsold The Original Resident Evil 2

Resident_evil_2_%282018%29_logo.png

Capcom has announced that the Resident Evil 2 remake has achieved more than 5 million units in sales as of December 4, 2019. Within less than a year, Resident Evil 2 remake has surpassed the lifetime sales of the original Resident Evil 2 game, which has sold over 4.96 million units worldwide. It is something to be expected from one of the best and most popular classic game from the PlayStation One era.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/resident-evil-2-remake-has-outsold-the-original-re/1100-6472110/

Back