The last thing that gave you goose bumps?

mikey_boson

ShinRa Guard
Gil
I'm not necessarily talking about things that have scared you or when you are cold, just anything that you've watched, listened to, smelled, thought about or generally experienced that has sent a tingle down your spine.

Not much gives me goose bumps but the few things that I can remember are:

- Seeing a picture taken earlier on this year of two Lancaster bombers (one of which came all the way from Canada) flying in formation and thinking that possibly the last time they were flying together was at night, somewhere over Germany...

- Watching The Wonders of Life with Professor Brian Cox. In one episode he went to a NASA test facility where they tested spacecraft in a massive chamber which could have all the air removed from it (therefore creating a vacuum). For the show, a feather and bowling ball were hung a number of metres above the floor and all the air was removed from the chamber. The feather and bowling ball were then released and just watching them fall together at exactly the same speed was incredible!

- The other year, near where I live an anniversary event took place to commemorate the Battle of Britain. One of the parts of the event involved two aircraft reenacting an aerial battle. The British aircraft was a Spitfire / Hurricane with the German aircraft being chased quite possibly a Messerschmidt. Now that really gave me the chills! Another commemorative event took place today in fact and I had the fortune of seeing a flyover of four Spitfires; another very special moment.

For me there are many but some that really stand out are :

2001 Triple H's return to WWE, absolutely insane the ovation that he received from fans after such a bad injury, I know it sounds daft but that is vy far the loudest I have ever heard an TV crowd in my life.
ualO3r8.png

And of course Download 2013 as the WWII planes flew overheard for me a very surreal experience as the set they played that night was the same as they played at Donnington in 1988 which was my first ever concert, a very strange experience but one I will never forget, such excitement that night and goosebumps through the whole set for 25 years of history finally coming full circle for me. 25 years since my first Donnington experience and 10 years of going to Download!

I've seldom given much thought to the issue of homelessness in the middle of a large city. It's only now that I am living in the middle of a city that it has become a regular sight. They lean against a wall, with a battered sleeping bag and an occasional empty cup of McDonalds' coffee as their only companions as they gaze wistfully overhead or straight at the ground. Anonymous and forgotten, city life continues blissfully around them, with thousands of on-foot commuters passing, with not a soul daring to give them even a nanosecond of eye contact. Huddled and haggard, they begin to embrace for a cruel, coming winter. It's a harsh existence with nary a sign of succour; the body suffers from the cold, malnutrition and general degradation, while the mind eternally fixates on nothing but painful recollections and introspection with tortuous clarity. After all, the mind has little else to dwell on.

It's just a terrible sight to have to regularly see. And yet here I am; I'm just an ordinary face in a sea of commuting pedestrians. Outwardly, I display just as much apathy to this man who is curled up with nothing as everyone around me. Individually, we are diverse. We may have very different goals for the day. We have different destinations. Different financial situations. Different career paths. Different aspirations. Different thoughts racing through our minds on this average morning. Collectively, we're an indiscernible mass of people who more likely than not enjoy and take for granted the very basic luxuries that this man curled up here may not have seen in a long time. Collectively, we shuffle past, not daring to look, not daring to speak and certainly not daring to act in any way. A simple pound coin into his empty coffee cup? Nope.

Soooo, yeah. Actually seeing homelessness on a regular basis is an eye-opener for someone who is simply not used to the sight.

GothicSyn;1103757n [IMG said:
http://i.imgur.com/ualO3r8.png[/IMG]

@Mitsuki here is another hat.

Edit: I'll have to think about a post for this one later.

Back