Serah Farron
FFXIV
Nevyn Kreiss
FFXIV Server
Ragnarok
Free Company
Haven

the trailer is finally out!

I honestly don't think anyone would have done deadpool better than Ryan, so pumped for this movie

I just saw the trailer a few minutes ago. The movie looks like it is going to be pretty cool. Is that colossus that appeared in the bridge part?

I just saw the trailer a few minutes ago. The movie looks like it is going to be pretty cool. Is that colossus that appeared in the bridge part?

that was colossus, yes!

I'm even more excited that they've included blind Al this movie is going to be so good

Sadly this will probably not be known as a great movie by the overall public. Critics will probably hate it because it wont follow standard movie protocol. It is just too different and will be too over the top for some. But that is what I think I will like about it. It seems from the trailer that they are keeping true to who Deadpool really is. The trailer feels like a Deadpool comic.
I have a feeling this will eventually become a cult classic.

Who would have thought? This R-rated film has defied conventions and performed exceptionally well (and that's without a Chinese release either). On top of that, it is more critically acclaimed than Batman v Superman and X-Men: Apocalypse. Somewhere Ryan Reynolds is worshipping himself in front of a mirror, praising himself for this sweet vindication.

I enjoyed it; I've never read comic books and I'm easily fatigued when it comes to superhero films, but Deadpool was certainly a welcome breath of fresh air, defying my expectations at the same time that this was going to be entirely a humorous affair from start to end. I was blindsighted by the fact that there are genuine dramatic moments peppered in, mainly with how he attained his powers and his ghastly new physical appearance in the first place. It was effective use of media res (that opening shot!), with the interspersing of flashback scenes throughout ensuring a careful level of consistency and pacing when it comes to tone.

That being said, it's not an amazing film in my opinion. Nothing about it spurred me to excitedly discuss every facet of the film. It's a very decent and entertaining flick that had me engaged and laughing. I think it did its job reasonably well in that regard and met my expectations. I would love to see a sequel and I hope they actually bring in Cable as "promised" in the post-credits sequence.

Wait...I don't even know who Cable is.

Who would have thought? This R-rated film has defied conventions and performed exceptionally well (and that's without a Chinese release either). On top of that, it is more critically acclaimed than Batman v Superman and X-Men: Apocalypse. Somewhere Ryan Reynolds is worshipping himself in front of a mirror, praising himself for this sweet vindication.

I enjoyed it; I've never read comic books and I'm easily fatigued when it comes to superhero films, but Deadpool was certainly a welcome breath of fresh air, defying my expectations at the same time that this was going to be entirely a humorous affair from start to end. I was blindsighted by the fact that there are genuine dramatic moments peppered in, mainly with how he attained his powers and his ghastly new physical appearance in the first place. It was effective use of media res (that opening shot!), with the interspersing of flashback scenes throughout ensuring a careful level of consistency and pacing when it comes to tone.

That being said, it's not an amazing film in my opinion. Nothing about it spurred me to excitedly discuss every facet of the film. It's a very decent and entertaining flick that had me engaged and laughing. I think it did its job reasonably well in that regard and met my expectations. I would love to see a sequel and I hope they actually bring in Cable as "promised" in the post-credits sequence.

Wait...I don't even know who Cable is.

If you want to know who Cable is click the link below for information about him. I'm surprised that you don't know who Cable is. A well known character that appears in Marvel vs Capcom 2 and 3.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cable-promo-image.jpg

I'm surprised that you don't know who Cable is. A well known character that appears in Marvel vs Capcom 2 and 3.

Nope. I have never grown up with the comics or any of the fighting games. I have only the most basic of rudimentary knowledge of superhero characters and they are usually the prolific ones that have secured a solid place as part of pop culture (like having their own films) like:

- Batman
- Superman
- Wonder Woman
- Spider-Man
- Iron Man
- Hulk
- A good handful of the X-Men (never heard of Deadpool until recently)

Prior to their films/The Avengers coming out, I didn't even know who Thor, Captain America, Black Widow and Hawkeye even were. And similarly, I have never even heard of names like Aquaman, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Flash and even bloody Thanos (the main villain for Infinity War I think?) until their names were floated around for their own movies. Or in Flash's case, his own TV series.

I do remember a rubbish Daredevil film from a decade ago with Ben Affleck. :wacky:

Back