L

Iller than Radiation
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Ellen Stone
FFXIV Server
Adamantoise
i dont see a car thread on here and it looks like we got rid of the car forum, sooo :gmonster:

aucwoj.jpg

I want to put new wheels on it, but that's my baby :inlove:

wow i guess everyone here rides a bike to work :surprised: :P

Don't have a picture because it's too cold to go out right now... but I am so curious. I've never heard someone refer to a car as a "whip"... Is that a thing where you live?

^ me either lol.

ive got a 2002 silver honda civic. think you can just use your imagination on that one lol

My partner and I finally got a chance to start working on my wife Tonya's (Rae) car. We are currently smoothing out the rough edges of the body kit (4 piece CVX) and extras. The pictures are of us doing a first fitting to see what kind of modifications we need to do to get a show quality finish and fitting. The plans for the car, for what we have now, are 4 piece CVX body kit, side quarter panel vents, window louvers, Cobra spoiler/wing, Chrome AR 18" Rims with low profile tires, headlight and taillight strobes, 7 color change- undercar neon kit with sound activation mode that changes colors and flashes with music, custom 2 1/2 inch dual exhaust that exits through the side skirts on both sides of the body kit with dual oval tips, mesh grill, and polished diamond plate aluminum bumper guards and rock chip guards (still have to cut them to fit but have the plates). The inside accents and dash panels of the car will also be painted to match and seats and door panels will be recovered to match the paint. The paint is kind of weird and doesn't have a code or name yet. We found the colors for it by starting with a Molten Orange and mixing in a flop agent and adding a few extra pearls and increasing the amounts of them. In the shade the color looks almost red but as the sun hits it, it changes to medium orange and then a orangeish yellow in the brightest light. For the black paint we started with a Diamond Black base, increased the aluminum metallic and indigo Blue concentrates and added a Crystal EFX pearl into the first coats of clear on the test panels and finished with regular clear. So the paint is all mixed ready to be sprayed over white sealer and topped with 4 to 5 quarts of clear. The Car will be painted with the Molten Orange color with custom Black Diamond striping that for now has been decided by Tonya that will start with Racing stripes and merge with the old Boss 302 stripes that run down the side of the car. I LOVE doing these kinds of things, I am a Nopi tuner at heart and will probably be fixing up cars, painting, and modding body kits till the day the good Lord takes me lol.. I'll try to post more pictures as we progress with the project. Any ideas on the stripes or extras are welcome!!!
IMG_20160127_164049_793.jpg
IMG_20160127_164127_245.jpg
IMG_20160127_164154_126.jpg
IMG_20160127_164424_473.jpg

Last edited:
2015 Jeep Renegade, orange. Bought it back in October to get me through some kinda crazy Northeastern USA winters, and it gets around 31 miles per gallon on gas. So far a winner... Well, all except my monthly car payments. :(
Jeep renegade.jpg

Hey guys, thought I would give an update on the project car.
IMG_20160401_240815_443.jpg
Spraying the Black base
IMG_20160401_240724_909.jpg
The base for the hood stripe and side stripes (all stripes were taken from the 70 Boss 302 and modified to fit the car)
IMG_20160401_031451_476.jpg
Decided to go with a blacked out center deck lid
IMG_20160401_031440_979.jpg
Side stripes and blacked out roof
IMG_20160401_031201_694.jpg
Front stripe with quarter inch pin stripes

I really enjoyed working on this car. It's been one of my favorite projects I've done so far. I still have some wiring to do for the interior neons, undercar neons and fog lights but I think I have it almost 100% complete.

Decided to paint the rims to match the car.

IMG_20160419_171406_345.jpg

Interior door panels.
IMG_20160411_183603_097.jpg

Full interior (dash plates, console, steering wheel, and trim pieces)
IMG_20160411_183552_774.jpg

some different pics of the color changing from pearls
FullSizeRender 2.jpg
IMG_0341.JPG
FullSizeRender.jpg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 121
Back