Marvel "Civil War"-What do you want to see?

Shaissa

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Mog's Tent
With the inevitable Civil War arch coming in the next couple years I began to question which superheros/ villains do you want to see and how do you want the story to play out? Do you wanna see anything after the Civil War?

For me the hero's and Villains I do expect to see are

Iron Man
Captain America
Thor
Hulk
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Nick Fury
Vision
Loki
Thanos

That is who I expect to see...now who I want to see added....

Fantastic Four - This team really was apart of the original "Civil War" comic with them taking the side with Iron Man....so it would be nice to see them in the final Civil War arch
Wasp - I am disappointed she wasn't really that much in Ant-Man and that Marvel didn't use Wasp and Ant-man in the Avengers startup, but I really think she should be in the Civil War, honestly I don't see Ant-Man being around for more than 2 movies, I can see his death in probably one of the many movies they make, might even be in the next Captain America, but Wasp I really want to see come into her own, she is a great super hero, and honestly Marvel can use a few female superheros.
Spider Man - now instead of giving us another origins movie how about start throwing him into the other movies? Heck even the next Avengers Movie would be great, and honestly he could be the "neutral" member or the peace talker. the one that tries to get both sides to talk without starting a war.

Doc Oct or Venom - Honestly need a few villains to throw into the mix and one of these would be perfect. They can try to force Spider-Man to take a side and that could be very interesting, and this could lead to a Spider-Man movie that isn't just another Origins movie.

Jane Foster - Ohh I know so far she has been in Thor movies with no real super powers, but I think we can get her into the Civil War and have a nice powerful woman... but then again I wouldn't be upset at this point if they write her out...hmmm... I guess this one is a maybe.

Now I really do wanna see more villains, but that would mean actually having villains survive a movie! which minus Loki, really hasn't happened in the Marvel movies. I hope DC learns this lesson as they try to do a Justice League movie, but that is for another topic.

As far as who the villains are; I honestly can't say, Marvel really has done a poor job at villains really, minus Loki...and I guess Winter Soldier is still alive, but I see him turning good in the next Captain America. I guess this all comes down to who is still alive when the Civil War officially starts on which villains I want to see...

Now that is a lot of characters to have for two main movies, but I am sure they are going play them out throughout the other movies after the next Captain America: Civil War comes out, and they will throw other characters into other movies, (like Thor will probably have Iron Man or maybe Vision.)

I am kinda glad Fox still owns X-men because that would add a huge unwanted part in my mind for now, cause that would be way to many characters to think of how to add them in this crazy Civil War arch for the movies.

As far as how it plays out, I don't think they will do a "registration act" story, mainly cause I feel that most of the superheros identities are actually known.... instead I see something more like, "should the superhero's be allowed to do what they want without punishment" type of story. Be allowed to have bases and go after villains without any repercussions from a country or the united nations, this I see can actually work sense they have kinda hinted at this a few times, with Hulk going out of control, the whole city of New York in ruins, and Iron Man making Ultron. This I think could work better than a "registration act".

As far as what will happen after the civil war arc, I kinda want a big budgeted Animated tv series, I know they are all about live action now days, with Agents of Shield, Agent Carter and so on, but I really wanna see a nice Animated tv series about the civil war, or something that would be more than a 2 hour movie....but that is just a thought.

What do you guys think?

The Fantastic Four can't appear in any Marvel studios films for the foreseeable future as Fox also own the rights to them. If rumours are to be believed then they're going to be trying to establish a cinematic universe involving them and X-Men. Thanos has also been confirmed to not appear properly in a film until the Infinity Gauntlet films.

I can't really see Civil War being a long-lasting story arc. Post-Civil War it looks as though the characters that have already been established will be wrapped up, as there will only be one more sequel for current Avengers (Thor: Ragnarok) before they move on to establishing new characters. We already know that the end game is Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet, but we also already know where the cinematic universe is likely to head after that with Inhumans being slated for release after part 2. That suggests it's going to take a more space-based, supernatural route, which Civil War doesn't really seem to fit in to very much.
It may have a bigger place in the TV universe, however. It's hard to tell what direction that will take yet since we've only had Daredevil so far though.

The confirmed cast is Cap, Iron Man, Spiderman, Black Widow, Falcon, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Winter Solider, Hawkeye, War Machine, Ant-Man, Black Panther, Crossbones, Helmut Zemo, Thunderbolt and Agent 13, along with Martin Freeman being cast in an as yet unnamed role. Since filming is well past the halfway point, it's pretty much set. Nick Fury and Wasp are both confirmed as NOT appearing. Kevin Feige has said that they did not want Wasp showing up when they already had so many characters as it would "do her a disservice". With a full slate announced for another four years, it seems unlikely that she'll appear in a solo film.

There's so many characters slated to appear in Captain America: Civil War that they'll all get about two minutes screentime each at this rate! I do worry it will be very overstuffed.

The size of the cast is a risk, but could they ever manage to create a Civil War movie which didn't have a large cast of characters? The whole concept of it requires a larger-than-normal cast for a non-team Marvel movie.

Perhaps if it was an Avengers movie then fewer people would be concerned about the cast size, and people have taken to calling this Captain America movie Avengers 2.5.

We are, however, informed that it is still going to be a Captain America movie, so it'll be following him and his struggle in the Civil War more than it follows the others, and so it will still have a defined and precise narrative structure, and might not be as much of a car crash as people are fearing it will be.

here's the new Captain America: Civil War Big Game Spot!

The marketing for this film has been so good. I'm actually very excited. Much more than Star Wars or whatever else, even. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint like Age of Ultron.

I find it hard NOT to be on #TeamIronMan though. Apparently in the comics Captain America is more or less in the 'right' of the conflict but I'm not seeing it here. Plus Robert Downey Jr is just... awesome. Haha. Also that glove!

Back