FFX copy has Square Enix logo instead of Squaresoft

Fifo F.

Gil
Hi there

I recently got a brand new PAL copy of FFX for the PS2, and I’m noticing something strange – the case, manual and disc have the Square Enix logo instead of Squaresoft:

4zXG2Oz.jpg

ymjaHx7.jpg

Do I happen to have a rare copy of the game?

Brand new copies of FFX on PS2 without the platinum label are rather difficult to attain these days anyway, so I reckon your copy (manufactured sometime following the merging of companies and prior to Sony greenlighting FFX's addition to the PS2 platinum range) is a particularly rare gem.

Brand new copies of FFX on PS2 without the platinum label are rather difficult to attain these days anyway, so I reckon your copy (manufactured sometime following the merging of companies and prior to Sony greenlighting FFX's addition to the PS2 platinum range) is a particularly rare gem.
Great! I’m now happy :)

Hi there

I recently got a brand new PAL copy of FFX for the PS2, and I’m noticing something strange – the case, manual and disc have the Square Enix logo instead of Squaresoft:

View attachment 4017

View attachment 4016

Do I happen to have a rare copy of the game?

From what I see online, these are a little rarer than the "squaresoft" label, these were printed later when Square-Enix first merged, but as far as it being any more valuable than the Squaresoft label... is a matter of opinion I guess.

From what I see online, these are a little rarer than the "squaresoft" label, these were printed later when Square-Enix first merged, but as far as it being any more valuable than the Squaresoft label... is a matter of opinion I guess.
I understand.

Back