Suicide Squad

rowe

Eternally Begrudged
Veteran
Gil

Based off of the ragtag team of DC comic villains, they're coming to the big screen next summer.

There are bunch of well-known names starring in this one, but will that make this a success? (I'm still skeptical about the pick for Joker, but we'll see.)

Thoughts?

It comes down to production and execution. Honestly hard to tell from the previews. I think it will be so speedy I won't know what's going on half the time. Too many characters in a movie, can be a bad thing if the execution is off.

Too many characters in a movie, can be a bad thing if the execution is off.
This, and their backstories may not be touched upon as much as hoped. I mean, it's great to have an assortment of characters, but there is only so much screen time to fit them and all of their stories.

I feel like this can go one of three ways.

1. Really sucks to many critics
2.Really good to many critics
3. Becomes a "cult classic"

I don't think this will be one of those just "ok" movies for the most part.

For me, I actually think Harley Quinn is going be the most interesting. She never really made it into movies or anything, so this one is the favorite character right now for me.

Margot Robbie's in it, but that's about the only plus point for me at the moment.
You're not the only one, actually. Most people are satisfied with her already, and we have over a year until the release date yet.

If anything, she could be the film's saving grace (if it does end up being a mess).

Here are some more trailers for the soon-to-be-released flick. What do we all still think?

I am really interested in this way more than anything else be DC, from Wonder Woman to the Justice League... could care less about anything else but Suicide Squad... I am really curious how the Joker is going to act and just...yeah.. hopefully DC doesn't take the Marvel way out and constantly kill the villains.. (minus loki) because I would like to see these villains in more than one movie if possible...

but overall I am hopeful...but not going jump the gun and judge it as it going be great... cause I really am not a fan of DC movies lately...

.. hopefully DC doesn't take the Marvel way out and constantly kill the villains.. (minus loki) because I would like to see these villains in more than one movie if possible...
Grabbed this from the film's Wiki page:

"In May of 2016, it was announced that Harley Quinn would be starring in another film currently in development, set within the DC Extended Universe. Robbie will reprise her role, in a cast that is said to feature several of DC Comics' female characters."

So we know at least one of these villains will be making a return in the future. Another smart play for a returning character would be Joker, too. (Possibly in the upcoming Batman movie(s).)

Speaking of Batman, I wonder how much of a role he'll have in this film. Is his involvement more in flashbacks for Joker/Harley, and/or will he make a "present day" appearance? I thought he'd be busy with Justice League recruitment, honestly. :lew:

Reviews have been in for the last few days, and they're far from pretty. (For instance, IGN gave it a 5.9/10, and Rotten Tomatoes had it at 33% - last time I checked.)

Even so, I'll still be seeing this. Reviews are nice in the sense that they can give you some expectations, if you want them to. Ultimately, though, an opinion is still an opinion. Like any other media, I'll be judging it for myself.

My friends n I are deciding on whether we should see this movie tomorrow (jus to see how bad it actually is) or Jason Bourne. I've watched the animation a gazillion times already so if anyone's put off by all the recent reviews, I'd recommend watching Assault on Arkham instead of this RL adaptation. I've had a bad feeling bout this movie since the first trailer. It tries too hard, the scenes are corny n the dialogue is cringeworthy. I'll only see it for Will Smith <3 n his portrayal of Deadshot n Margot Robbie as Harley n her interactions with both Deadshot n The Joker. For all I know they may not have even included the sex scene lol.

Last edited:
Well, has anyone seen it yet? Kevin Smith and the AngryJoeShow both say it was amazing... and honestly, I trust them more than I trust the critics that all said Deadpool was a "great" film.

just got back from the cinema, went in with low expectations after reading all of those reviews

was surprisingly good for most of the parts, excluding Jared Leto as the joker, he kept bragging about how he considers himself the best joker, and all the shit he pulled through with the rest of the cast :/ wasn't that good

oh and giving cara a major role as the enchantress? bad decision, I mean I like her and all but god she can't act at all it was terrible to watch

Margot killed it as Harley honestly can't think of anyone else who could've executed her better! I liked diablo too!

(oh and I think grant gustin is a better Flash then ezra but that's just my opinion ;-;)

Saw it last night. Was EVERYTHING I said it would be. Down to a T. Lmao.

Deadshot/Will Smith's acting was the only thing carrying this movie. And I was cringeing at the shitty acting, dialogue n cheesy af oneliners. And for the love of god Cara Delvingue needs to stick to modelling. How she managed to be cast I have no idea. I was cracking up at her "acting". I kept waiting for some sort of storyline to develop, and it never seemed to happen. This movie was such a cringefest lol, everything was so forced n awkward. My friends n I literally walked outta there thinking Wtf did I just watch. I got home n rewatched Assault on Arkham to wash myself off of it. Its a fun movie tho if u like that sorta thing.

Went to see the film today and enjoyed it. I find in general that the story telling methods used in DC movies tend to be a bit choppy but this is something I also find in the comics themselves so I've come to expect it. In this case, since there is the difficult task of introducing so many characters at once and making them relevant while also having enough time left within the acceptable time frame of a movie, this methodology suited the tempo well. I'm not going to get into the acting too much as that's a matter of opinion and I personally wouldn't feel qualified to criticise, but suffice to say that I found each interpretation to be interesting and entertaining to watch. I found their take on Harley Quinn's and Joker's relationship fascinating, it was devastatingly sad which was unexpected since one would expect it to be more disturbing than anything; I hope we'll get more into their story in later movies.

All in all the movie was enjoyable and well worth the wait.

Saw this with my wife and brother in law on Sunday.

This is a completely entertaining movie. Now, don't get me wrong, it's a downright mess, but that's part of what makes it entertaining; it doesn't take itself seriously, as it shouldn't, considering the kind of movie it is. Also, as I'm sure many know, ratings and reviews are overall less/worse than BvS, but I think us viewers find this DC entry to be better overall. While BvS was supposed to be a DC fan's "wet dream", I think this one hits that target much better.

I watched it two days ago and I must say it was great! (The relationship of Joker and Harley Quinn really touched my heart, even though I hadn't know anything about them or the world of DC before.)

I watched a few DC movies before, but I didn't really like them. I expected this movie to be like those, but it was even better than the last Marvel movie (X-men: Apocalypse) I saw. Or at least I think so. :D

Back