If a remake happened...

rowe

Eternally Begrudged
Veteran
Gil
Nomura, during the FFVII remake reveal craze, spoke of FFVI as one of the games he'd like remade.

What would you want changed, added, stripped, etc?

I'll post my answers in a bit. I need to remember how the game went; it's been a while. :lew:

One does not tinker with perfection. :mokken:

I'm sure they'd go with the translations for things the way they were intended, instead of the butcher job we got. Ultros instead of Orthros, Vicks instead of Biggs, etc., and that's fine. And they will likely fix some of the status effect and stat bugs, like Blind doing absolutely nothing and Magic Defense having absolutely no effect on the game mechanics. But beyond tweaking those things and making the game 3D instead of sprite-y, they don't need to change anything. If they add more in terms of backstory for some characters (looking at you, Gogo), that'd be acceptable. But if they remove anything (or change the soundtrack), I swear to Atma I will burn down their friggin' house.

It is hard for me to imagine this game in 3d... it was hard playing FFIV on the Ds.... I actually didn't like much of the FFIV ds version.... with the voice acting sounding terrible and things they added that felt off for me.

That being said if they did a full remake of FFVI, I'd assume it would be on either 3ds or Vita. Things I'd want added...
1. more background on some characters- mainly Celes and GoGo. Celes I feel like gets overshadowed by the other characters when it comes to her past. All we know is she became a soldier for the Empire.... as far as Gogo goes.... who is he/she???? I felt like it was Emperor Gestahl, but some proof would be nice. Speaking of which...

2. What happens to most of the people in the World of Ruin?- seriously, Banon, Emperor Gestahl, and the lot of people you meet in the WoB don't make any appearance or references.... I mean if they are dead, tell us that! But don't leave us guessing.

As far as other things to change... not much I can think of... maybe a few more side quest and things on a smaller scale....

But what not to change.... this is the biggest one... DON'T USE KEFKA FROM DISSIDIA! Can't stand that version! He wasn't really a clown! Just crazy.... and that voice they use.... just recreate him back to his FFVI version!

That's it for now. Might come up with more later

have it slightly better than FF3 and 4 remake, if not at the exact same level.

FF6 is a great game, but its beauty comes from its 2D sprites. it had a really great design. transition to 3D could cost some of that beauty to disappear in the process. and a full HD remake seems too much, there are several things that just don't add up to fullscale HD remake.

If I could have this game remade, I would keep A LOT of things the same. Same character development, same soundtrack (but upgraded sound quality/instrumentation), same world map (only much bigger). Definitely upgrade the graphics. I wouldn't mind actually a little more character development and also side quests into the characters pasts and stories. I like learning about the characters past lives, especially the side quests like shadows past along with his dreams. I don't know if this makes much sense to you all, but although I think the graphics could be significantly updated, I LOVE the artwork in the original release. So much detail went into just about every scene of the game. I would like to see the same detail translated into a 3D world. There is a lot on the line with remaking this game and if Square is not careful, a lot of the original magic could be lost in the translation. If they do it right though, it could be another masterpiece.

Back