h34rt1lly

Ex-Soldier
Gil
Sorceress Edea
Rinoa Heartilly
Squall Leonhart
tumblr_mknjc85pS51qccd6qo1_1280.jpg
Image credits to irishais from tumblr.

Hello there! Welcome to [Silence and Motion], a club dedicated to Seifer Almasy and Quistis Trepe.​

As I'm sure everyone who has played Final Fantasy VIII is aware, Seiftis is not an official canon couple. However, many fans over the years have come to accept them together as their own head canon and this club is a dedication to that.

Because they're not canon, it allows for a lot of interpretation in their relationship. There are a large amount of amazing fan fictions out there that explore their relationship dynamic and I highly recommend checking them out to see how they affect your own interpretation of these two.

PS. I chose Silence and Motion from the OST, even though it's Esthar's official theme, because I think it accurately describes Seifer and Quistis' relationship. In a lot of fanfics, the two tend to start out at major odds and much of the time, it's difficult for either of them to say anything that isn't spiteful and/or mean, resulting in a lot of awkward silence. Eventually, they always come to rely and depend on each other, once they realize that they're more similar than they'd originally thought. Part of the path to that realization involves motion on both their parts, whether it's being the first to reach out, being the first to admit that they were wrong, etc.

Rules:

1. Please refrain from posting inappropriate content. This includes things of graphic sexual nature, violence, and the like.
2. Feel free to post links to content on fanfiction.net, archive of our own, tumblr, live journal etc, pertaining to Seiftis. To expand on rule number one, if the content you are posting about contains suggestive material, make sure you warn people in your post about the possibility of such content.
2. Please limit your posts to containing content about Seifer and/or Quistis.
3. Be nice to each other! Someone may have differing opinions on the dynamic of their relationship and that's okay; we're all entitled to our own view of them.

Members:

1. h34rt1lly (owner)

2. Mitsuki

Last edited:
To start off, here are a few links that are great for any Seiftis fan:

LJ Community

Some authors who write wonderful Seiftis stories (in respect to the rules, some of these fanfics are rated M for a good reason so don't click on them unless you're prepared for what that might include):

Ms Starlight
staceums
irishais
'Message in a Bottle' by Lady Ankaa

Feel free to share anything you guys particularly enjoy as well as share what makes you love Seiftis as a couple so much!

For me, it's their supposed chemistry. It seems like much of the fandom senses this underlying connection the two have to share, and it's explored a lot in many different stories. It can't be a coincidence that so many authors see their relationship the same way. The way they snap at each other, the heated situations between them...

Since they're also the oldest in the bunch, I consider them the most mature and a lot of that plays off of their interactions together as well.

Through artworks, I know that SeiferxQuistis fans exist, but I never dreamed I'd meet one in person, lol. Such a hardcore fan too! Anyway, I'll put my name down then. :)

I did think (while playing the game at the age of 13) that Seifer and Quistis could've been a great potential couple. It's a shame that the game didn't really explore the 'romantic' side of Seifer...besides the brief encounter with Rinoa, though I'd hardly call that romantic. If they ever make a remake for FFVIII, I'd love to see a bit more interaction between Quistis and Seifer.

I might start reading your Black Swan fanfic tonight after dinner, btw! :P

Through artworks, I know that SeiferxQuistis fan exist, but I never dreamed I'd meet one in person, lol. Such a hardcore fan too! Anyway, I'll put my name down then. :)

I did think (while playing the game at the age of 13) that Seifer and Quistis could've been a great potential couple. It's a shame that the game didn't really explore the 'romantic' side of Seifer...besides the brief encounter with Rinoa, though I'd hardly call that romantic. If they ever make a remake for FFVIII, I'd love to see a bit more interaction between Quistis and Seifer.

I might start reading your Black Swan fanfic tonight after dinner, btw! :P

Yay, a member!! Hahahh. I know Seiftis isn't as popular with the main crowd, so I'm excited you're willing to explore their relationship. I love Seifer and Quistis together. They're my head canon. I rarely accept Seifer with anyone else. I've seen him paired with original characters here and there and I have to admit that they rarely hold as much chemistry in my eyes as he does with Quistis.

In addition to my own work (which I'm so excited for you to read), I highly recommend checking out the stories I linked to. They're fantastic. I particularly enjoyed 'Sound of a Trembling Heart' by staceums and any of irishais work.

Well I quite enjoyed the other one you wrote. Not sure if Dan did, lmao. @Dionysos

And I will check those out when I get a chance. Black Swan first though. :P

Well I quite enjoyed the other one you wrote. Not sure if Dan did, lmao. @Dionysos

Hahaha I still can't believe you read that one. I'm kind of embarrassed that you did :shame:

I wrote that all in one evening for the challenge. It was so much fun, heh. It was actually the first detailed smut scene I wrote. The first one I ever wrote is in my Seifer x Fujin story and it was more toned down. I'm glad you enjoyed it though!

Well... I had to take a cold bath after reading it, but I think I certainly took from that experience an altered vision of the characters of Quistis and Seifer which I shall never forget. :argor:

Well... I had to take a cold bath after reading it, but I think I certainly took from that experience an altered vision of the characters of Quistis and Seifer which I shall never forget. :argor:

Heheheheheh. Yes, a bit more...mature versions? It was actually inspired by chapter five of my story 'Black Swan'. I had originally intended on having that chapter go the route of 'Lost Time' but decided it was a tad bit too soon in the story. So the one-shot challenge happened with perfect timing because I got the opportunity to get the idea down in a different format.

I really appreciate you reading it regardless Dionysos :P

I'm so sorry that I'm super late with this one, but Quistis' birthday was October 4th, so happy belated birthday to our favorite former instructor and blue mage! :)

Back