[23/06] No new characters in the Final Fantasy VII remake, but SE want the game to be more realistic

Rey

♥Solo noi due insieme per sempre♥
Veteran
Gil
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
Terra
Yuna
FFXIV
Ellia Lombardia
FFXIV Server
Lamia
An interview with Tetsuya Nomura in Famitsu magazine confirms that the remake will not have any new characters, but also discusses changes in the remake.

The teaser trailer at E3 was not in full quality, according to Nomura.

Nomura: “We’re using part of that video in the game. We’re going to raise the quality even more.”

If you were worried about the remake just being your favourite final fantasy title in glorious HD, you may rest happily, because Nomura is not into graphics. He wants to challenge what is possible in games with the Ps4 system.

Nomura: “Final Fantasy VII is special, and we can’t ‘exceed’ the game by simply making the graphics nicer. That is not a thing to be excited about.

“Precisely because it’s a full remake, I want to challenge what’s fun and what’s possible now.”

Changes in the remake will be plentiful, though. Nomura next answers the question of a scenario change in the remake. He says there will not be any new characters, but he aims to please with a game that is closer to reality, and he definitely wants a more realistic system like Final Fantasy XV.

Nomura: “There won’t be new characters. As for the visual taste, we’re doing them to match today’s visuals and appear closer to reality.”

Nomura: “I can’t share details, but we’re changing it to a more realistic system.”

You will be able to play it first on playstation 4, but didn't comment on other platforms such as PC or Xbox One.

Source: Gematsu

And thus the image of what many hold of FFVII shall become lost like the lost scrolls of Alexandria.

I'm glad they're not just taking the easy way out with this one. Sounds like they really want to do some work on this....(amirite Harlequin ^_^)

A battle system like 15? While I don't mind the system (I haven't tried the demo since it was updated though), it should never replace turn-based. Turn based is half of what made FF7 popular...it's something that I'm sure the fans don't want touched.

There's changing things to improve and then there's changing things just to be different. This will be the latter.

Not a big fan of turn-style fighting, personally always saw it as one of the downsides of certain RPGs, so if Square Enix want to augment the battle style, I'm all for it. At the very least, let it not be something that makes grinding one big snore fest.

Not really fond of what he said, one of the reasons I love FF7 is for it's turn-based system, I don't want to control JUST Cloud like FFXV with Noctis, I love the party system and I wonder how they would be able to execute the limit breaks to all party members without the turn-based system.

I want FF7 just how it is and I sure hope they won't change the dialogue considering the vulgar Barret and Cid or tone it down for that matter, those little things were one of the plus points for FF7

Well that's a good news to hear. I like how they are really putting all the effort on making the remake as good as possible. As for the system been like Ff XV I'm really concerned about that. Can the battle system match with the character's limit breaks?

Maybe when they say that they'll make the battle system more realistic (like FFXV), they mean that the characters will have more maneuverability rather than the static line-up from the original. Perhaps it will be a little more heavy on real time fighting aspects where characters don't have to stand around like tools waiting to get hit from something they could easily dodge. Hopefully this doesn't mean that the battle system will only focus on players controlling one character, because I think it's obvious that fans wouldn't like that.

Back