Type-0: General Discussion

Is it truly that bad though? The way I look at the situation, if I was to associate the title with a theme, death would take the cake for me. It's a reason why some people wear tags, because otherwise they would be completely forgotten as if they never existed. So summons requiring a sacrifice makes sense to me because it would fall in line with the death theme.

One more thing, within the storyline, there is at least 3 times where a character or more has to die during a mission to continue on the plot.

Are you saying that death is a requirement in this game for multiple purpose? Where is the fun in that?

Are you saying that death is a requirement in this game for multiple purpose? Where is the fun in that?
Yes, death accomplishes multiple things in this game. I don't know if it could be fun. This is just one of them games where you are just going to have to accept death, especially when it's unavoidable.

Yes, death accomplishes multiple things in this game. I don't know if it could be fun. This is just one of them games where you are just going to have to accept death, especially when it's unavoidable.

Oh, I see. Just like in the beginning of the game where your chocobo gets shot down by the troops while riding it. What other things does it requires death in this game other than the summons?

Oh, I see. Just like in the beginning of the game where your chocobo gets shot down by the troops while riding it. What other things does it requires death in this game other than the summons?
As I mentioned before, I believe there are 3 story missions where at least one character is going to die no matter how you go about it. That's it outside of summoning in most cases. If you ever do decide to play through the storyline, maybe the death thing will make more sense....or it'll just make you more mad. I don't know.

It just seems like you never played this game at all and want to question this death aspect when it was pointed out that death plays a key aspect to this game overall. It was mentioned that's why people where the tags, since if you die you are forgotten, it's part of the lore of this world. And it's not like summoning means they are dead forever they are just taken out of the battle for the rest of the current mission. Part of this is to use a sense of strategy on whether or not it's worth it to sacrifice a member for the mission to use the summon or use that special tri attack which also can only be used once per mission.

As I mentioned before, I believe there are 3 story missions where at least one character is going to die no matter how you go about it. That's it outside of summoning in most cases. If you ever do decide to play through the storyline, maybe the death thing will make more sense....or it'll just make you more mad. I don't know.

How do you feel about this death thing in Final Fantasy Type-0? Does it feel weird to die in this game in order for you to continue the story or no?

How do you feel about this death thing in Final Fantasy Type-0? Does it feel weird to die in this game in order for you to continue the story or no?
It doesn't bother me. I accept that the theme of the game is death, and I leave it at that. It's a nice change of pace from most of the FF titles not having any playable character deaths.

I don't mind it either, kinda makes it feel like a "darker" FF where it makes death a core point in the game and how they deal with it. Kinda reminds me of Tactics and how a lot of npc's mind you died in that story and the outcomes it served in the plot. They were not afraid of killing people off, heck Ramza had to kill his wn brother because he got possessed. It's not afraid of getting away from a sort of innocence where "hey were at war or fighting for the balance of the world here, yet most of the people we know still come out just fine." VII killed of Aerith to quickly to have an impact, you fought Edea in VIII but they spang that connection out of nowhere. IX Dagger's mom died but the game made you hate her or just not care about her with how she treated her daughter. I just pulled three games as examples there with ya know the fights and all at stake, thing is none of the other FF's have death as a main point where it can serve as a driving force for the characters to do or continue on with what they were doing.

The mechanics of the Eidolon Summoning don't bother me, in fact it makes sense. Like the GFs in Final Fantasy VIII, the developers used the premise that power comes with a price. I was merely wondering if there would come a time when this additional power would be needed to clear a mission - which I was told, there is not. So I'm relieved as I find Golem particularly cumbersome!

I have another few questions regarding the Tasks. I'm playing my first play through and I've noticed that a number of the Tasks currently being issued are based in areas I have no access to. For example, a girl in the Crystarium asked them to capture Militesi soldiers only from an area not controlled by Rubrum, however, you can't get into these areas because they aren't controlled by Rubrum. First off why is this? Secondly, will I get a chance to clear these missions at any point. Lastly, am I missing something or doing something wrong?

The mechanics of the Eidolon Summoning don't bother me, in fact it makes sense. Like the GFs in Final Fantasy VIII, the developers used the premise that power comes with a price.
Ah, this is good to know. I've always been a fan of VIII's GF catch-22 system. I haven't been able to use summons yet (outside of the tutorial/beginning mission), though.

I actually think I just discovered chocobo usage, so clearly not that far into the game. :lew:

I don't mind it either, kinda makes it feel like a "darker" FF where it makes death a core point in the game and how they deal with it. Kinda reminds me of Tactics and how a lot of npc's mind you died in that story and the outcomes it served in the plot. They were not afraid of killing people off, heck Ramza had to kill his wn brother because he got possessed. It's not afraid of getting away from a sort of innocence where "hey were at war or fighting for the balance of the world here, yet most of the people we know still come out just fine." VII killed of Aerith to quickly to have an impact, you fought Edea in VIII but they spang that connection out of nowhere. IX Dagger's mom died but the game made you hate her or just not care about her with how she treated her daughter. I just pulled three games as examples there with ya know the fights and all at stake, thing is none of the other FF's have death as a main point where it can serve as a driving force for the characters to do or continue on with what they were doing.

FFIV? FFV? Death was used to move the plots in those games quite a bit. Tellah? Galuf?

FFIV? FFV? Death was used to move the plots in those games quite a bit. Tellah? Galuf?

I don't recall IV that well so can't really argue about Tellah, as for V Gaulf's death wasn't that huge a push forward as you could almost sense it coming with the other dawn warriors dying. But this is what this thread is about it's about type-0 man, and as I said I just pulled those three as examples.

To answer your question your question @Galadin yes the tasks they are assigning you now for go here and stuff they will become available later. I forget which one I ran into but once I cleared the upcoming mission I was able to do it, so you just have to remember what you pick up and then what areas you free.

There is one issue, is it just me or is Deuce useless? No matter how many times I try to use her, I can't seem to be able to.

There is one issue, is it just me or is Deuce useless? No matter how many times I try to use her, I can't seem to be able to.
Deuce imo is the worst character to solo with because she is much more of a supportive character.

She's the one that uses the flute right? Yeah she's kinda bad for attacking because just how slow she walks and the fairies flying around her. Since haven't been able to play much lately can't say anything really just remember to make her really useful you need to be in a decent party setup, like using Ace. Then at least that way you have some fast attackers or another tanky character to take focus away from her, she won't be your best magic person but that will be what she's better at.

She's the one that uses the flute right? Yeah she's kinda bad for attacking because just how slow she walks and the fairies flying around her. Since haven't been able to play much lately can't say anything really just remember to make her really useful you need to be in a decent party setup, like using Ace. Then at least that way you have some fast attackers or another tanky character to take focus away from her, she won't be your best magic person but that will be what she's better at.

Yeah, she's the one who plays the Flute, I just can't shake the fact that I hate when I get down to her as alone as a character.

Ehh all I can say then is grind some missions from the main menu since you can repeat them for exp so you can level up other characters. Or if you are far enough send them out on the w/e it's called mission/task. Where they get training from a bunch of random people it's decent exp for me right now actually, I can get about 3-4 levels or maybe 5 at times at the current moment when I send them out.

FFX, too. The majority of the story was focused on death.

She's an okay support character so far, but not amazing overall.

I've been using Trey quite a bit. I find him a unique challenge with his bow. He's far from useless, even soloing.

On a side note, has anyone else experienced a crazy number of killsights at certain points? :confused: Then there will be other times where I'll get none. Haha.

I actually enjoy using Deuce, which I know is a little insane. Granted that she takes a while bringing down a bigger enemy, I find that she shines best when using the whole "We must attack to run away" strategy. With the choices of attack movements and positioning available coupled with nerves of steel, Deuce can actually turn out as a force to be reckoned with...provided you have the time. Also, as mentioned, there is of course the option of focusing her equipment and accessories completely on magic.

It's not normal to have a supporting player as main leader in any game; the CPU just can't handle it (here's looking at you FFXIII! :jimberry:). Your party members hardly ever output the damage clever-you would, resulting in a a markedly drawn out battle experience (with you reduced to screaming "KILL 'EM ALREADY!!!" at the screen). But yeah, crazy as it sounds, Deuce's play style can provide you with some pretty interesting fights.

Back