[16/05] Kingdom Hearts III E3 2015 trailer shown; Tangled is first confirmed Disney world

Linnaete

sus
Staff member
Editorial Staff
Veteran
Gil
Andre the Adamantoise
Chocobo Egg
Accessory (Head)
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
kh94rui.jpg

At Square Enix's E3 conference, new footage of Kingdom Hearts III is shown. The first confirmed Disney world for the game is Tangled.

Siliconera

Oh my god, it looks like absolute shit.

Oh, god. no, why. :okay:

WHY DO THEY LOOK LIKE THAT?

those look like gamecube graphics nooooooooooooo :gonk:

I'll be completely honest. I have no idea what the story of Kingdom Hearts is about anymore. I understood what was going on in I and II, but now, I just have no idea what people are talking about anymore. I mean, it's almost been ten years since Kingdom Hearts II came out.

I'm so upset about the graphics, and ugh young xehanort and young eraqus ???? why ?? it complicates stuff even more ;-;

battle system looks fun though!

Kingdom Hearts 2.9 ? [could be kh1fm, kh2fm, and 3d HD? for ps4?] HOPE SO

fV2MewZ.png

I'm actually not minding the graphics. To me, they feel "updated", and still within the visual scope of the series as a whole.

This gameplay trailer is great. For one, the battle system looks like it could be insanely versatile. Secondly, young Xehanort and Eraqus? :hmm:

If that is the Tangled world, why is one of Hercules' titans there?

I find the limit breaks (or whatever) interesting as a lot of them seem to be drawing from rides from the various Disney theme parks... Teacup and saucers, pirate ship, train, etc. I quite like the aesthetics of using the ghostly but illuminated forms of these rides as weapons. Its relevance to the game, however, we'll have to wait to see. Maybe they break the 4th wall, become self-aware, and find Disney Land / World.

I'm really not sure what to make of this so far... I'd probably be more excited about it if it was 10 years ago. I loved Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, but now it has been so long (and the series has been complicated by various handheld games - which I haven't played) , I'm fairly lost with the story. I also fear that due to the same reasons this game may struggle as it doesn't seem to have grown up with its audience. Many of us who were playing Kingdom Hearts as young teenagers are now in their early, mid, or late twenties (or beyond!).

Oh my god, it looks like absolute shit.

Oh, god. no, why. :okay:

WHY DO THEY LOOK LIKE THAT?

those look like gamecube graphics nooooooooooooo :gonk:
Your so fucking biased. AND HOW DARE YOU USE GAME-CUBE AS AN INSULT :toni:

I hope Cloud has an earring. Just for you saying that, THE GAME looks amazing, the graphics are so glossy, it's like the Wind-Waker of now, its beautiful, this game is going to be amazing, I really hope they don't muck up the story line like how they did in dream-drop-distance, lets just hope they write that out completely...I have no idea who those characters are but, I don't really care, I want more Sora -- also it wasn't really obvious to me that it was Tangled, but everyones saying it.... I guess its true?

I hope Cloud has an earring. Just for you saying that,
LMAO :lol:

shut yer damn mouth and take that back :rage:

I was under the impression those graphics were the CGI films, not the in-game graphics. they look cool for being in-game, though.

and yes, it was tangled, you need to watch that film again, foo

I'm kind of hoping that Hercules offers more. I want to see greece being destroyed by the cyclops.

I"m not 100% on the graphics. Sora looks a little awkward when it comes to his new look. I was really hoping for more of the initial trailer look, where things were just smoother and cleaner, rather than more realistic-esque.

Thewhole gun transformations and also summoning pegasus was a little off for me. but i suppose it can work. At least its not any of that "keyblade armor"

Back