Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
nier0pbts.png

Just announced at Square Enix's E3 conference, is a follow up to Cavia's NieR from 2010. The sequel, with a subtitle that is yet to be revealed (at least until this autumn), will be handled by Platinum Games, famed for Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. It is due for the PS4, and presumably a while away yet, for this is yet another premature announcement by a company known for its super premature announcements.

The staff behind the game are:

• Director: Yoko Taro
  • Producer: Yosuke Saito
  • Game Designer: Takahisa Taura (Metal Gear Rising)
  • Composer: Keiichi Okabe (Drakengard)

Un-F***ing believable! Wowsers! I genuinely cannot believe this. I thought this game was so unappreciated that there was no chance in hell of there ever being a continuation , this is simply glorious. Dreams have come true at this E3 & This has brought me so much joy.

However, I do have an issue to address. To anyone that has played Metal Gear Rising, you may already know of this concern. The writing, for the love of god please! Please, let the original team handle the writing. I am more than content for Platinum to handle the combat and gameplay but the writing needs to be done by the original team. MGR's story was split into 3 sections which never really connected. Admittedly, the second one on child soldiers was fitting and would have been great as the main focus but it was just so sloppy and disjointed that it brought the game down.

That concern aside, I hope to play as Kaine in a thrilling action based combat game like Rising. I am ALL for that! I also believe in the art with the title there is a peek at Emil. Curious to see if the story will acknowledge the content in the Grim Noire art book set after the original game. I only just Platinumed NieR and it was one of the best gaming experience with the most endearing characters I have ever joined within a game. I am also delighted to see Keiichi Okabe back for composing, if you couldn't get into NieR you simply cannot deny the talent put into the score.

Still overwhelmed by this and just genuinely grateful to be getting a continuation of NieR.

I'm starting to wonder if that might not be an older Yonah, rather than Kaine...after all, she has white hair too. If it isn't someone entirely new, that is.

Either way...THIS is the highlight of Square Enix's E3 press conference. The one thing they managed to do right. Now they'd better not mess it up :ahmed:

Back